Imagine Barrett and Mays manning the middle of the field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine Barrett and Mays manning the middle of the field

Would that not be sick, who would ever want to come across the middle.... no one.

Plus they would be extremely intimidating both, huge safeties that run in the 4.3s. They both have the speed to cover the difficult TE's in our division, while both being able to lay the hammer and play in the box.

I wasn't a big Mays fan prior to seeing him play in the rose bowl, but he is a hard-nosed safety. I would like to see hime in the blue and orange. Our safety position would be solid for years to come, and safeties can have immediate impact out of college.

Our defense would finally be a little bit scary, and our secondary would improve greatly.

:salute!:
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

is something wrong with the other 2 threads that this easily could have gone under . . . come on
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

I pray to god we don't waste the 12th pick on mays

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminatrix View Post
        Would that not be sick, who would ever want to come across the middle.... no one.

Plus they would be extremely intimidating both, huge safeties that run in the 4.3s. They both have the speed to cover the difficult TE's in our division, while both being able to lay the hammer and play in the box.

I wasn't a big Mays fan prior to seeing him play in the rose bowl, but he is a hard-nosed safety. I would like to see hime in the blue and orange. Our safety position would be solid for years to come, and safeties can have immediate impact out of college.

Our defense would finally be a little bit scary, and our secondary would improve greatly.

:salute!:
        I love this logic, I pray this will happen. Plus, some mock drafts are saying Mays could get picked at 12th as well.
        sigpic
        Props to Peerless^
        Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
        Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
        Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
        Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Wouldn't that be sick..?
          Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Comment

Give me a break. Barrett rarely takes the right angle to get a hit. Anyone who feels he plays with 4.3 speed is simply not watching his game. Plus his tackling leaves a little bit to be desired (to put it nicely). He is a project at best. He is not a solid NFL starter and is only starting on our team because of the absolutute crap we have on our roster at safety. I wish everyone would stop salivating over his combine 40 time. At this point I want to see something more on the field.

I am not suggesting we cut him but he should be our 3rd or 4th safety not a starter. He needs much more time to develop and I don't want it to be on the field watching a RB run for 50+ yards.

Mays would be ok with me but I would prefer Delmas in the 2nd round and use our first round pick somewhere else. That being said I would not be upset to have Mays in the first. There is no doubt we need at least one NFL caliber safety on our team.

Comment

Play NCAA 2008 and you can have your dream come true~

Comment

'Imagine there is no heaven...it's easy of you try...'

Comment

We'll draft Mays, pair him with Barrett, watch them do great things, then see all the negative nancies shut their traps. Well hopefully shut their traps, no telling with how many idiots there are on these boards

sigpic

Comment

Denver will have to trade up ahead of 49ers to get Mays

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                      Give me a break. Barrett rarely takes the right angle to get a hit. Anyone who feels he plays with 4.3 speed is simply not watching his game. Plus his tackling leaves a little bit to be desired (to put it nicely). He is a project at best. He is not a solid NFL starter and is only starting on our team because of the absolutute crap we have on our roster at safety. I wish everyone would stop salivating over his combine 40 time. At this point I want to see something more on the field.

I am not suggesting we cut him but he should be our 3rd or 4th safety not a starter. He needs much more time to develop and I don't want it to be on the field watching a RB run for 50+ yards.

Mays would be ok with me but I would prefer Delmas in the 2nd round and use our first round pick somewhere else. That being said I would not be upset to have Mays in the first. There is no doubt we need at least one NFL caliber safety on our team.
                      Yeah he doesnt have very good ball awareness from what i have seen either. i aggree he is a project. but it was good to get him in games this year to see if he has any potential. he IMO will never be a pro bowler i am hoping for a decent starter
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Josh Barrett has proved nothing for me to even get my hopes up about imagining anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                          Denver will have to trade up ahead of 49ers to get Mays
                          Maybe, Mike Singletary was saying that getting a legit pass rusher is his top priority since Manny Lawson has turned out to be a bust. If Everette Brown declares...

Not to mention, they need a RT desperately. If Michael Otah is still available, he might be too hard to pass up.

But I do agree, they will have Mays very high on their list.

Comment

or....imagine barrett and moore. that would be way better then mays.
                            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                              or....imagine barrett and moore. that would be way better then mays.
                              Moore is looking like a 3rd round safety. I would take Louis Delmas or Rashad Johnson over William Moore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X