Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos need to draft KNOWSHON MORENO IN THE 1ST ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we want to squeak into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 by all means lets draft a RB in the 1st rnd.If we want to actually fix the problem The FO needs to draft defense with the 1st 3 picks.If you have watched the playoffs the reason those 4 teams were there in the conf champs is because of D and the ability to stop the other teams running game.Pittsburgh had little running game all year but they are superbowl bound because of their D and The D's ability to create TO's.

Comment

drafting a running back might put us over the top and into the playoffs this year, while focusing on the defense could make us into contenders for more than just a year. With our current offense we dont need to have a top 5 defense, anything around 15th with our offense this year would have easily put us in the playoffs. Arizona's defense isnt the greatest, but with their O it doesn't have to be. Keep this in mind too, Denver during the regular season:13 takeaways. Arizona during 3 playoff games: 11 or 12 takeaways.

Having a better defense is going to get the offense better field position as well, giving them more chances to score and heaven forbid we actually score a DEF TD or two.
      Arizona Cardinals GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
        I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!

But to answer your question, no. Definitely not.
        Brick where'd you get a grenade?
        -I don't know

Anyway, I would be happy if we got moreno, but I feel that LT is a much bigger need.

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post

Anyway, I would be happy if we got moreno, but I feel that LT is a much bigger need.
          I sure hope you mean DT and not LT.
          Arizona Cardinals GM.

Comment

Moreno???????

No thanks

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Even if for some reason we did take a running back with #12, it would NOT be Moreno, Wells would probably be on the board at that point and he would take the pick.

KNOWshon=NOway
              Arizona Cardinals GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post
                OK i'll tell u why we need Knowshon Moreno CutlertheMAN, we need him cause if we would've had a great half back in the 1st place we would've been in the playoffs cause it would've taken off some weight on jay's shoulders and he wouldnt've made as many mistakes as he has not to mention another franchise running back like clinton portis or terrell davis so there!!
                Even if we did make the playoffs, we still would need to average around 35-40 points per game to have a chance at winning. Watching our defense play last year almost made me sick several times..

I understand that a running back will complete this offense, but I can't stand watching our defense play..

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                  Even if we did make the playoffs, we still would need to average around 35-40 points per game to have a chance at winning. Watching our defense play last year almost made me sick several times..

I understand that a running back will complete this offense, but I can't stand watching our defense play..
                  why can't more people understand this???
                  Arizona Cardinals GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Loc505 View Post
                    Are you joking? There's a ridiculous amount of RB talent in the later rounds. Shonn Greene, James Davis, Le'sean McCoy, and Javon Ringer just off the top of my head. All of whom have better potential to succeed in our ZB scheme than Knowshon does.
                    You know, I am tired of hearing this crap...

There is a difference between athletes in the first, second and fourth rounds. Shonn Greene while a good talent is no Moreno or Wells, Davis also has some good abilities and talent, but that does not make him the quality of McCoy or Wells...and LeSean McCoy is a first round talent! Ringer is the same way, he is a talented kid, but that does not make him an elite back...and get over the zone blocking scheme, it will not be the same nor the run game, it will be altered whether you like it or not, and most of us have come to terms with that, so it is quite lame to use that in any argument regarding who we sign or draft. Shanahan does not run this team anymore, what Shanahan has done, most of it will be gone...the zone scheme will be used, but not to the extent it once was and even then there is a good argument for an elite back, because well look at the crap Shanahan has left on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by amac1984 View Post
                      Even if for some reason we did take a running back with #12, it would NOT be Moreno, Wells would probably be on the board at that point and he would take the pick.

KNOWshon=NOway
                      Beenie Wells has a glass gina, and won't last 4 games in the NFL.

If Denver is stupid enough to go RB, LeSean McCoy should be the only option, IMHO.

Comment

Rashad Jennings is turning heads at the Sr. Bowl... that kid from COL ST looks good as well. I think this all boils down to Turner. He'll let Mcdaniels know what we need.

Comment

Another guy that i think will be in the 3rd-4th round is Glenn Coffee from Bama, he seemed to run pretty well against the SEC defenses this year and he could be a very good value pick.
                          Arizona Cardinals GM.

Comment

Originally posted by utebroncofan View Post
                            If we want to squeak into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 by all means lets draft a RB in the 1st rnd.If we want to actually fix the problem The FO needs to draft defense with the 1st 3 picks.If you have watched the playoffs the reason those 4 teams were there in the conf champs is because of D and the ability to stop the other teams running game.Pittsburgh had little running game all year but they are superbowl bound because of their D and The D's ability to create TO's.
                            But that is the issue Ute, what will fans say if we miss the playoffs and yet the defense improved?

The fans will cry and moan, that we should have gotten Spagnuolo or Morris, look at Tomlinson and Harbaugh... (And you know it, just like everyone else knows it...you can all lie to yourselves if you want, but this is a spoiled fan base and people forget that). Most coaches understand it is about winning, so if a halfback will make us 9-7 at gets us in the playoffs he will be far more favored then if we improve defensively and miss the playoffs. I am not saying it is the best route, because I do not care if it take two years to get back...but most fans are not like that!

Comment

Originally posted by amac1984 View Post
                              Another guy that i think will be in the 3rd-4th round is Glenn Coffee from Bama, he seemed to run pretty well against the SEC defenses this year and he could be a very good value pick.
                              It's Glen Coffee, and he is a solid running back, better then most on our roster...but even though I think highly of the kid, he is still no Moreno, Wells or McCoy!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                                But that is the issue Ute, what will fans say if we miss the playoffs and yet the defense improved?

The fans will cry and moan, that we should have gotten Spagnuolo or Morris, look at Tomlinson and Harbaugh... (And you know it, just like everyone else knows it...you can all lie to yourselves if you want, but this is a spoiled fan base and people forget that). Most coaches understand it is about winning, so if a halfback will make us 9-7 at gets us in the playoffs he will be far more favored then if we improve defensively and miss the playoffs. I am not saying it is the best route, because I do not care if it take two years to get back...but most fans are not like that!
                                It's TOMLIN... Mike Tomlin.

I wanted Spags... BUT, can you blame Bowlen? Reeves & Shanny were good, Wade was a disaster. He went with what he's familiar with...

I think Mcdaniels will be fine. he's surrounding himself with good coaches. I don't like the Nolan choice though. He's like a quantity over quality guy... SURE, he has experience... but it's not all good. He never really built the SF defense, right?

Capers would have been nice... McDermott too...

Still... we do not know what SPAGS did in his interview... what he said (or didn't say).

BUT... like Tomlin and Harbs... Mcdaniels is an obscure, young assistant. Some say they weren't ready... YEAH, they were DEF coaches... BUT, McD has experience on the DEF side... and he is young, he has won... what's not to like?

Comment

Working...
                                X