Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And With The 12th Pick Denver Selects.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And With The 12th Pick Denver Selects.........

1. Detroit Lions: Matthew Stafford, Qb, Georgia
    2. St. Louis Rams: Eugene Monroe, Ot, Virginia
    3. Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, Olb, Wake Forest
    4. Seattle Seahawks: Michael Crabtree, Wr, Texas Tech
    5. Cleveland Browns: Malcolm Jenkins, Cb, Ohio St.
    6. Cincinnati Bengals: Andre Smith, Ot, Alabama
    7. Oakland Raiders: Jason Smith, Ot, Baylor
    8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jeremy Maclin, Wr, Missouri
    9. Green Bay Packers: Brian Orakpo, De, Texas
    10. San Francisco 49'ers: Mark Sanchez, Qb, Usc
    11. Buffalo Bills: Brandon Pettigrew, Te, Oklahoma St.

12. And With The 12th Pick The Denver Broncos Select.......

This Is Really Tuff I Think I Either Want Chris "beanie" Wells, Rb, Ohio St Or After Seeing Polamalu Go Crazy Against The Ravens I Wouldnt Mind Someone Like That In Rey Maualuga, Ilb, Usc !!!!
    sigpicremember...."we are the BRONCOS"

The Broncos won't draft a runningback in the 1st round, but if they do, it will absolutely demonstrate that this team has no committment to defensive football whatsoever.

The Broncos can fill their needs at runningback between the 2nd-4th rounds. They have 10 picks in this year's draft, and I'd say at leat 7 of them need to be spent on the defense.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dluvan View Post
      12. And With The 12th Pick The Denver Broncos Select.......

This Is Really Tuff I Think I Either Want Chris "beanie" Wells, Rb, Ohio St Or After Seeing Polamalu Go Crazy Against The Ravens I Wouldnt Mind Someone Like That In Rey Maualuga, Ilb, Usc !!!!
      I'd think the Broncos would go with a RB like Wells. I'm hoping the Bolts keep LT so we can go after a guy like Maualuga.

Comment

i know the problem with our team is with the defensive side...But now that Shanny is gone, and he was a man that never drafted a 1st round RB ever..Maybe things will change now and we will finally get a RB first round so we don't have to go through 7 backs like we did this season????

Either way i will be just as happy with REY Maualuga!!!!
        we can pass on WELLS and get Shonne Greene from iowa in the 2nd round...

i think with a RB our offense will be unstoppable...a bad ass one that is...hahah

Comment

The best player available I hope...........Not a bust

It broke my heart when knowshon declared I wanted to get him next year.

Comment

i know the problem with our team is with the defensive side...But now that Shanny is gone, and he was a man that never drafted a 1st round RB ever..Maybe things will change now and we will finally get a RB first round so we don't have to go through 7 backs like we did this season????

i think with a RB our offense will be unstoppable...a bad ass one that is...hahah
            A runningback drafted in the 1st round does not mean Denver will have solved all it's problems.

Runningbacks are simply too easy to find for which to invest a 1st round pick. Denver struggled this season with their running game because Mike Shanahan screwed up by bringing in Travis Henry and then relying on Selvin Young - a back he himself stated would not hold-up to the rigors of an entire NFL season.

I would be completely stunned if Denver wasted their pick on a RB.
            sigpic

Comment

A first round) can get hurt just as easily as any other RB especially Beenie "glassman" Wells. Wells can't stay healthy over the course of a single game let alone an entire NFL season. He definitely has some talent, but I for one will be very dissapointed if we don't draft a defensive player in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                A first round) can get hurt just as easily as any other RB especially Beenie "glassman" Wells. Wells can't stay healthy over the course of a single game let alone an entire NFL season. He definitely has some talent, but I for one will be very dissapointed if we don't draft a defensive player in the first round.
                Agreed.

Denver's problems are ALL on the defensive side of the ball. If they squander their highest 1st round pick in years on an offensive player, I will offcially give up hope that this team has any committment to actually win.
                sigpic

Comment

yea you guys are right. we do have Hillis too...Just don't want this draft to be a bust..we need a Playmaker on defense...someone to build around....REY REY!!

Comment

I'd say to take the best player available whether it's offense or defense.

Guess what...a solid running game could only help the defense...you know...keep them off the field....

I see Denver trading this pick away however.
                    [IMG]

Comment

I would love it if the Broncos selected Beanie Wells or Knowshon Moreno.

But, with the likely switch to the 3-4 defense, they need a NT. That NT could be BJ Raji. This is of course assuming they don't fill that need in FA. I suppose they could also bank on getting Brace in the 2nd round. Wells or Knowshon in the first and Brace in the second wouldn't be bad. Whatever the case may be, a switch to the 3-4 means they better get a nose tackle.

If they don't switch to a 3-4, they need a middle linebacker. Rey Maualuga could be that guy. If they don't address the middle linebacker position in FA, what other round besides the first are they going to find a starter at that position?

Basically, I think that a NT is the priority if they switch to a 3-4 but they can find one in the second round, allowing them to take a running back in the first. If they keep the 4-3, I think middle linebacker becomes the priority and they might not be able to find a starter past the first round.

Some people might think that DJ Williams can be moved back to MLB, but I think that if the coaches were impressed with him at that position, he would have stayed there this season. It is far more likely that he was moved back to the weak side because the coaches weren't impressed with him in the middle. That's why a middle linebacker becomes so important if they keep the 4-3. If they don't find one in FA, they might not have much of a choice but to take one in the first round.
                      You're Wrong!
                      Recognize That You're Wrong!
                      Move On

Comment

BJ Raji, Boston College (no matter our defensive scheme)
                        sigpic

Comment

No, RB.

"With the 12th Pick Denver Selects...Rey Maulauga."
                          sigpic
                          Props to Peerless^
                          Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                          Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                          Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                          Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Originally posted by StugotsII View Post
                            I'd say to take the best player available whether it's offense or defense.

Guess what...a solid running game could only help the defense...you know...keep them off the field....

I see Denver trading this pick away however.
                            The best player available to the Broncos with the 12th pick WILL NOT be a runningback or center - their only real needs on offense. They don't need a WR, TE, guard, offensive tackle, or quarterback.

I know in a perfect world, you just pick the best player that comes up. But for this team that's impractical. Denver's target has to be defense - HAS TO. If their target player isn't going to be there or isn't worth utilizing a 12th-pick on, then they need to trade it up or down accordingly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
                              I'd think the Broncos would go with a RB like Wells. I'm hoping the Bolts keep LT so we can go after a guy like Maualuga.

Maualuga wont slip past 15. You can bank on that

Comment

Working...
                              X