New Trade Idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trade Idea!

The Saints are in bad shape in the Salary Cap(approx $4.5 million over). They do not have a 2nd or 3rd Round Pick. They also need help at LB with Vilma's contract up.

Trade-2nd Round Pick + Wesley Woodyard + Elvis Dumervill for New Orleans 1st Round Pick.

Denver Broncos Draft

1st Round Pick(12)---------------BJ RAJI NT BOSTON COLLEGE ***Denver gets this STUD Dlineman.

1st Round Pick(14th via Saints)*******Trade******* Denver trades the 14th Pick to Philadelphia for it's 1st(21st and 2nd Round Picks) Philadelphia selects Knowshon Moreno. Kiper has them selecting Beanie Wells but Moreno fits Philly's Offense much better.

1st Round Pick(21st via Philly)---------Brian Cushing
    OLB USC Denver gets this hard working LB to help it's defense.

2nd Round Pick(53rd)---------------Louis Delmas Safety Western Michigan Denver finally gets a good young Safety.

3rd Round Pick----------------------Rames Barden WR Cal Poly 6'6" 220lbs Denver selects this big WR with the thought of moving Royal to the slot once Stokley retires.

4th Round Pick----------------------Dorell Scott DE Clemson 6'4" 310lbs will be great DE for Denver.

5th Round Pick(via Seattle)---------Bruce Johnson CB Miami Once thought of a 1st or 2nd Round CB good value in 5th.

5th Round Pick-----------------------Courtney Green SS Rutgers Good Young Safety.

6th Round Pick-----------------------Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina Big LB to plug middle.

7th Round Pick-----------------------Robert Francios OLB Boston College.

7th Round Pick(ATL)-----------------Roy Miller DE/DT Texas.

I do believe that New Orleans is definetely a team that would trade it's 1st Round Pick.

Any thoughts????

Isnt Cushing injury prone?

We have a lot of those kind of players already..........

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
      The Saints are in bad shape in the Salary Cap(approx $4.5 million over). They do not have a 2nd or 3rd Round Pick. They also need help at LB with Vilma's contract up.

Trade-2nd Round Pick + Wesley Woodyard + Elvis Dumervill for New Orleans 1st Round Pick.
      The Saints want picks, without the expense of giving them up.

There's also no way they would do that trade. Dumervil's contract will be up after next year and will be a significantly more hit to the cap with his next one, especially for a team that's trying to purge cap.

Comment

With their 2nd 1st Round Pick The Broncos could also get.

Rey Maualuga
        Knowshown Moreno
        Sean Smith

The Saints are facing tough times and it is reported they want to trade down.

We could give them our 2nd and 1st next year but I would rather get rid of Dumervill and Woodyard and save the 1st Rounder next year.

Comment

Dorrell Scott is a NT I believe.

You drafted no starting DE's or OLB's.
          Terrible....

Comment

BJ Raji and Ron Brace GONE BEFORE WE PICK???

Denver has implied that it is going to switch to a 3-4 Defense. I believe that there is a possiblity that we might miss out on both Raji and Brace.

According to Todd McShay's last Mock Draft and numerous Mock drafts both Raji and Brace are gone before our 1st and 2nd Round Picks.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=134220

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

To me this is very scary!!! You can't just plug anyone into the NT position.

We need to fix our Defense!!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

************************************************** ********************************************
            A solution to this would be TRADING our 2nd Round Pick and Elvis Dumervill to Detroit for it's 2nd Round Pick #33. I really don't see Elvis transitioning to OLB in a 3-4.

************************************************** ********************************************
            Our Draft could look like this.

1st Round Pick---------------Rey Maualuga LB USC

2nd Round Pick----------Ron Brace NT Boston College

3rd Round Pick-----------Andre Brown RB NC St.

4th Round Pick-----------Darcel McBath Safety Texas Tech

5th Round Pick(Seattle)---Sammie lee Hill DE Stillman

5th Round Pick-------------Terrance Taylor NT Michigan Denver adds this NT to rotate in.

6th Round Pick-------------Gatrell Johnson RB Colorado St. RB/FB

7th Round Pick-------------Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina

7th Round Pick(ATL)-----------Tim Jamison DE Michigan

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

I think that either Denver is going to have to trade up in the 2nd Round or trade down in the 1st Round in order to fill our NEED at NT.

Missing on both BJ RAJI and RON BRACE doesn't seem like a good idea in my mind!!!!

Rey Maualuga ----- Starting ILB
            Ron Brace---------- Starting NT
            Andre Brown------- Starting or rotating RB
            Darcel McBath*****Watch out for this guy. He is rising up draft boards very quickly
            Sammie Lee Hill----eventual starting DE

Any thoughts on getting our NT

Comment

I would take this scenario as a 2nd option........the first option for me would be BJ Raji in the 1st, and William Moore (if available) in the 2nd.......

I would rather have Ringer in the 3rd or 4th than Andre Brown.....or that Jennings guy from Liberty

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

We're so far off from the draft that I'm not going to speculate on whether or not this could happen. Assuming this does happen though, and we aren't able to get a starting NT in free agency, I think our best option is to stick with the 4-3. We can get some good linebackers and/or DE's to play the 3-4 (I've seen one draft that has us taking Curry in the 1st and Sintim in the 2nd, one w/ us taking Orakpo 1st and Sintim 2nd, etc.). If this is the case we can use these players to play the 4-3 this year and then the 3-4 next year. The 2010 draft will have a fair number of big DT's that can play nose tackle.
                sigpic

Comment

id be kinda upset over Ron Brace but i hope and pray we dont take Bj BUST Raji in the first it would be a waste hes no good
                  Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Totally agree about McBath

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
                      id be kinda upset over Ron Brace but i hope and pray we dont take Bj BUST Raji in the first it would be a waste hes no good
                      Why is Raji a bust and Brace a good pick? Looks like you are taking in consideration just the Senior Bowl. Raji did not burst through the offensive line but also I did not see big runs through the middle.

BJ Raji: 42 tackles, 16 for loss, 8 sacks in 2008

Ron Brace: 54 tackles, 18.5 for loss, 5.5 sacks in 2007+2008

(stats by NFL.com)

The truth is that the Packers are scouting Raji heavily, and he will probably be their pick.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think that first would everyone be OK if Denver Traded Elvis to Detroit to move up from 48th to 33rd Pick to select Brace.

The point value on Draft Value Chart is approx. 160 points or a mid 3rd Round Pick!!!!

Adding Rey Maualuga would bring a Nastiness to Denver's Defense not seen since Al Wilson!!!!

I think Andre Brown or Rashard Jennings is the type of RB we need. We need a Bigger RB to pound the ball in THE RED ZONE.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                          I think that first would everyone be OK if Denver Traded Elvis to Detroit to move up from 48th to 33rd Pick to select Brace.

The point value on Draft Value Chart is approx. 160 points or a mid 3rd Round Pick!!!!

Adding Rey Maualuga would bring a Nastiness to Denver's Defense not seen since Al Wilson!!!!

I think Andre Brown or Rashard Jennings is the type of RB we need. We need a Bigger RB to pound the ball in THE RED ZONE.

A bigger RB like Peyton Hillis or Ryan Torain?

Comment

I don't know about Andre Brown, but Rashad Jennings could be a great pick. The guy is 6'1, 234, quick feet and might run a 4.45 40 at the Combine. But expect a team to grab Jennings in the 2nd round, like what happened to Matt Forte.
                            sigpic

Comment

Trade Dumervil to Buffalo for 3rd Round Pick???

Just reading draft daddy.com and says that they are in the market for a DE or TE.

I just don't see Dumervil dropping into coverage. I have seen him run and he doesn't look that fluid in space.

I hope that we dangle him out there for a 3rd Round Pick.

If we got Buffalo's 3rd Round Pick would could pick up any one of these players.

1. Alex Magee 3-4 DE Purdue

2. Andre Brown RB NC ST.

3. Dorell Scott 3-4 DE Clemson

4. Keenan Lewis CB Oregon St.

5. Darcel McBath FS Texas Tech

Comment

Working...
                              X