New Trade Idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    And to further continue since you are getting personal with me as of late...

You have shown your ignorance up and down this message board with your ridiculous trade concepts and your complete lack of knowledge of NFL football teams.

You don't know crap about the Jaguars. You don't know crap about the Lions. You don't know crap about general draft trade value. You fail to understand positional concepts and worth. You can't compare and contrast prospects properly. You just spew forth crap in every one of your mock/trade threads that you do on a bi-weekly basis.

Does anyone on this forum take you seriously? I doubt it. And there's a reason for that. You are a dumbass.

The extent of your football knowledge is to copy a player's positional ranking from a fan draft website. Then you get holier than thou when other people disagree with you. You can't debate. You think because Joe Schmo posts something on his hobby blog that its fact. You are a ridiculous poster in every conceivable way.

And it's not even that youre wrong or right, it's how you go about presenting yourself. You spam your threads, you act like you know what you're talking about, and you come off like a prick. To EVERYONE.

Maybe the time has come to go find another message board? There is one called Broncoforums.com. Maybe they'll appreciate your incredible football acumen over there.
    thank you, im glad someone said it

this perfectly sums up my opinion (and many others im sure) about broncosfansd.
    :salute!:

Comment

And to further continue since you are getting personal with me as of late...

You have shown your ignorance up and down this message board with your ridiculous trade concepts and your complete lack of knowledge of NFL football teams.

You don't know crap about the Jaguars. You don't know crap about the Lions. You don't know crap about general draft trade value. You fail to understand positional concepts and worth. You can't compare and contrast prospects properly. You just spew forth crap in every one of your mock/trade threads that you do on a bi-weekly basis.

Does anyone on this forum take you seriously? I doubt it. And there's a reason for that. You are a dumbass.

The extent of your football knowledge is to copy a player's positional ranking from a fan draft website. Then you get holier than thou when other people disagree with you. You can't debate. You think because Joe Schmo posts something on his hobby blog that its fact. You are a ridiculous poster in every conceivable way.

And it's not even that youre wrong or right, it's how you go about presenting yourself. You spam your threads, you act like you know what you're talking about, and you come off like a prick. To EVERYONE.

Maybe the time has come to go find another message board? There is one called Broncoforums.com. Maybe they'll appreciate your incredible football acumen over there.
      I try to tell him he shouldnt have said it.

Comment

Never mess with MUG. The man is a draft genius.
        sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Not Quite......

MUG makes mistakes and lets his ego run wild. I am not an NFL draft guru, but neither is he. Over the last few years we have tangled when I didn't agree with him. No big deal, as I realize that I am an interested fan and am not going to attack anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with my "wish list" draft guesses. MUG hasn't accurately predicted the Bronco's draft in years. Neither has anyone else, so why do some of you kiss his rear everytime he speaks? Opinions are great, but until we get the "inside" information that the NFL teams use to make million dollar decisions we are all guessing. Being a lawyer, professor, or medical doctor doesn't make you football intelligent. If any of us were knowledgable enough to be accurate in our opinions we would be making the megabucks working for Pat Bowlen. Everyone should express their opinion, but everyone on this board should realize that they don't know squat!!! Keep on guessing, as it is fun when you don't attack eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69 View Post
            MUG makes mistakes and lets his ego run wild. I am not an NFL draft guru, but neither is he. Over the last few years we have tangled when I didn't agree with him. No big deal, as I realize that I am an interested fan and am not going to attack anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with my "wish list" draft guesses. MUG hasn't accurately predicted the Bronco's draft in years. Neither has anyone else, so why do some of you kiss his rear everytime he speaks? Opinions are great, but until we get the "inside" information that the NFL teams use to make million dollar decisions we are all guessing. Being a lawyer, professor, or medical doctor doesn't make you football intelligent. If any of us were knowledgable enough to be accurate in our opinions we would be making the megabucks working for Pat Bowlen. Everyone should express their opinion, but everyone on this board should realize that they don't know squat!!! Keep on guessing, as it is fun when you don't attack eachother.

I don't really recognize you as a poster. I also very rarely get into arguments with other posters because I try and be respectful to all opinions. I also have a very strong track record on this website, which is why some posters appreciate the feedback and thoughts I put in. Nobody kisses my ass, people just remember you when you prove right with your thoughts year after year.

At worst, when I am wrong, my opinions are very well thought out, detailed, and I explain the reasoning behind my posts. When someone wants to tell me my reasoning is wrong, they better damn sure have a better handle on the NFL then I do. When they prove over and over again that they don't, then when they criticize me for my thoughts, I feel obligated to point out their shortcomings.

There is a collective opinion on this website towards this particular poster. He has earned it. There is also a collective opinion on this website towards me, I have earned it.

I don't need an ego on this forum, what I've accomplished in real life is plenty. Here, I just look to have intelligent debates with other Bronco fans. I think most posters appreciate that. Apparently you do not, that is fine. I will try and dig up what we "tangled" over though. And I'll be more then happy to acknowledge if I was wrong in whatever it was.

**EDIT**

Alright, I looked back through our posts and in 2005 through 2006 we had some very heated discussions. They basically centered on three different topics:

1) My dislike of drafting DJ Williams over Vince Wilfork. Your view that Williams was a great pick. This debate is still on-going here and there. Vince Wilfork would obviously have been the more valuable option in retrospect. I still maintain my stance that DJ Williams is a bust as a Top 20 LB unless he is allowed to play inside. I think it has been proven that he's good, a solid NFL LB, but he's not Top 20 good. You've always pointed out his versatility as a plus, I think you clearly were right on that aspect.

2) Me, my personality, and my profession. You think I'm too egotistical. I toot my own horn too much. You take personal offense that I don't believe in a particular religion, that I think money, good looks, and expensive toys are important, but most of all, that I'm an attorney. You have voiced the opinion to me and Cugel multiple times that you think lawyers are the scum of the earth. I think that's the dumbest, most ridiculous bias I've ever heard. There are bad apples. There are also the people that have advanced human rights, equal protection, due process, and individual liberties.

3) That common fans, like myself and others, should shut up when criticizing Mike Shanahan's ability as a leader of our franchise. We need to understand that Shanahan is vastly superior to us in all his personnel and drafting decisions, and that if we were so smart, we would be working for an NFL team.

I don't really see where my football knowledge has failed me.
            Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 02-16-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

well... I stated in another thread that its thought right now that that BJ could very well be the first overall pick in the NFL draft to Detroit..... I dont understand why people are suggesting that MUG is wrong in his statement about it??

its not like this hasn't been talked about extensively on ESPN.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                well... I stated in another thread that its thought right now that that BJ could very well be the first overall pick in the NFL draft to Detroit..... I dont understand why people are suggesting that MUG is wrong in his statement about it??

its not like this hasn't been talked about extensively on ESPN.....

Some folks just dislike me. Whatever I say must be wrong. Maybe, in some ways, I've earned that as well.

Anywho, ESPN is now talking about Raji at #1? I didn't know that. Perhaps I have a clue after all!

Comment

Some folks just dislike me. Whatever I say must be wrong. Maybe, in some ways, I've earned that as well.

Anywho, ESPN is now talking about Raji at #1? I didn't know that. Perhaps I have a clue after all!
                  MUG you are a draft guru man, I also believe raji will go #1

Comment

I think Raji will go in the top 5, and will be the biggest bust until FA time, like Haynesworth and Shaun Rogers. The more I see and read about him, he's all about the money and has a Me, Me, Me attitude. He does have a ton of skills, but the attitude and tendancy to take plays off is a big turn off to me.

Give me guys who love the game, have a great motor and play team first anyday.
                    "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by IgorBStrange View Post
                      I think Raji will go in the top 5, and will be the biggest bust until FA time, like Haynesworth and Shaun Rogers. The more I see and read about him, he's all about the money and has a Me, Me, Me attitude. He does have a ton of skills, but the attitude and tendancy to take plays off is a big turn off to me.

Give me guys who love the game, have a great motor and play team first anyday.

Could you be more specific? I've only heard positive things about his leadership skills and work ethic. He's supposed to have a great personality as well, hard worker, eager to learn, etc... He also has a non-stop motor.

I'd love to be educated as to these perceived flaws.

Comment

Could you be more specific? I've only heard positive things about his leadership skills and work ethic. He's supposed to have a great personality as well, hard worker, eager to learn, etc... He also has a non-stop motor.

I'd love to be educated as to these perceived flaws.
                        Well not that I'm a draft guru or a Raji expert but a guy who misses a year because of bad grades doesn't sound like someone who has a good work ethic. How hard do you have to work at school when you're a star football player.

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
                        OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
                        BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
                        John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

I have often times disagreed with MUG over the years ( in particular I remember discussing Micheal Patterson at some length and I still think he was just a border line 1st rounder / early second round selection), but I have to say he is well educated and well researched. I wish I had more time to dedicate to draft discussions with him.

As far as those of you that are pointing out where he has missed in the past. We have all hit and missed on players. The best in the business do it regularly. This process would be no fun if there was no room for failure. It takes an ego to make bold predictions. It is the challenge that makes it exciting. I have been wrong probably as much as I have been right in the past and I won a couple of draft challenges on this board. I think you should review a persons entire work when you read their posts to determine value. individual posts do not define the value to this board.

As far as the topic at hand, I believe the Lions will go with a lineman with the first pick. This will be an offensive or Defensive lineman. I don't believe they will pick a QB unless Stafford just tests off the charts. Both athletically and from a leadership skills perspective ( I don't see it happening).

I have a tendency to believe the first pick will be an OT (their line is flat out horrible). I think it would be crazy to put any QB behind that line. There was a couple of decent discussion points on the ESPN draft chat about this yesterday. I think it is too early to determine which of the 3 tackles is the top but I would not be surprised to see that player go to the Lions. Personally I prefer Eugene Monroe from what I have seen. I think Kiper prefers Andre Smith and the guys at Scouts inc have been touting Monroe and Jason Smith as of late. I am not sure you can go wrong with any of the 3.

DT is still a possibility for them as well. It would be Raji. I personally believe he is a top 10 pick but probably not #1. The latest I think he will go is #9 to Green Bay. You could argue most teams in the top 10 could take him. I agree with the statement that it is more likely Raji will go #1 than #12.

I would be shocked.... shocked.... if the Jags don't select an OT with their first pick and I think they would be crazy to trade down. OT is the premium position in the early draft and their primary need (MUG has this one nailed).

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Loc505 View Post
                            Well not that I'm a draft guru or a Raji expert but a guy who misses a year because of bad grades doesn't sound like someone who has a good work ethic. How hard do you have to work at school when you're a star football player.

that wasnt his fault it was an error on the academic side, not because of him....these supposed character flaws dont exist.....

MUG you will be vindicated draft Day...keep the faith.

TO the OP stop with the retarded trades. Jacksonvilles number 1 need is OL, there run game and garrad sucked because of the lack of o-line talent. there first pick will be a OL because the are extremly valuable....

perhaps you should actually do some scouting of team needs before posting drivel.....

Comment

Working...
                            X