Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me about Eric Berry - S - Tenn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me about Eric Berry - S - Tenn.

Its difficult for me to watch alot of college football but I keep hearing about this Safety called Eric Berry.

Why did'nt he declare this year?

Is he as good as Sean Taylor, (R.I.P), coming out?

Will he be rated higher then Taylor Mays next year?

Just looking for some more info. on him.
    Last edited by bronx_2003; 02-07-2009, 05:54 PM. Reason: typo

I think he will be better than Taylor, may be a top 5 pick.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      Its difficult for me to watch alot of college football but I keep hearing about this Safety called Eric Berry.

Why did'nt he declare this year?

Is he as good as Sean Taylor, (R.I.P), coming out?

Will he be rated higher then Taylor Mays next year?

Just looking for some more info. on him.
      Was only a true So this year so he couldn't have come out this year.

Much better than Sean Taylor

Much higher than Mays

Top 5 pick with ease, I hope we trade up to get him next year he is the only safety that reminds me of Ed Reed to come out in a long time. He is a beast plain and simple.

Comment

I go to UT and get to watch him play every Saturday. He is an excellent player. He tackles well, he can lay the wood, and he can cover the pass. He is a little small and may switch to corner, but we'll see.

He is 17 yards short of breaking the all time INT return yards record and he is a sophomore! I think it's a shame he didn't win the defensive back award this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
          I go to UT and get to watch him play every Saturday. He is an excellent player. He tackles well, he can lay the wood, and he can cover the pass. He is a little small and may switch to corner, but we'll see.

He is 17 yards short of breaking the all time INT return yards record and he is a sophomore! I think it's a shame he didn't win the defensive back award this year.
          i got to UT too

he is a baller, and itsn ot just a shame its a damn travesty no 2 ways about it, the man is just sick as helll

i actually ate lucnh with him the other day !!
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Best safety to come out since Ed Reed.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo56 View Post

Much better than Sean Taylor
              Easy there, slugger. Taylor was a force on a dominant team with much better defensive talent than what is currently at Tennessee. He was also much bigger and just as fast as Berry is. Taylor was the better prospect by a significant margin. Berry is good, but I'm not buying the top 5 hype just yet. Ed Reed is a good comparison for Berry, but Reed, despite his credentials was not considered an elite prospect. If Mays delivers the production next season, I would actually opt for him over Berry. I am still on the Mays and Spikes bandwagon full force, I just have to wait until next year to bring it back out unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                Easy there, slugger. Taylor was a force on a dominant team with much better defensive talent than what is currently at Tennessee. He was also much bigger and just as fast as Berry is. Taylor was the better prospect by a significant margin. Berry is good, but I'm not buying the top 5 hype just yet. Ed Reed is a good comparison for Berry, but Reed, despite his credentials was not considered an elite prospect. If Mays delivers the production next season, I would actually opt for him over Berry. I am still on the Mays and Spikes bandwagon full force, I just have to wait until next year to bring it back out unfortunately.
                The only thing Mays has that Berry doesn't is Weight. Berry is better in every other field hands down. It isn't even argueable Berry makes mays look like a fool. But we will see if Mays can do anything other than make a few youtube highlights, because he sure hasn't yet in his 3 years at USC. (I was very high on Mays for awhile but he isn't in the same league as Berry and its that simple)

Much better than Taylor was a bit of a reach, but I would still rather have Berry over any Safety to come out in a very long time. There just isn't holes in his game like any of the recent Safeties to come out. If Landry is a top 5 then Berry should be the #1 overall pick.

Comment

I did not see Sean Taylor playing for Miami, but I think he was the best (or close to become the best) safety in the NFL. Great tackles and great coverage, receivers were afraid of crossing his way. And he had something like 5 picks already when he died early in the regular season. An interesting fact is that Sean Taylor only bench pressed 11 times at the Combine, yet his game was very physical and he could lay the wood anytime. Sometimes workout warriors are overrated. If Eric Berry becomes anything close to Sean Taylor in the NFL, it will be scary. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are elite, but to me Sean Taylor was number 1, the best to watch.
                  sigpic

Comment

Berry might convert to corner, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
                      Berry might convert to corner, but we'll see.
                      Monte Kiffin is going to play him at CB in his Tampa 2 defense, that doesn't mean he still isn't the best FS to come out in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo56 View Post
                        Monte Kiffin is going to play him at CB in his Tampa 2 defense, that doesn't mean he still isn't the best FS to come out in a long time.
                        Oh I definitely agree.

Comment

I'm sorry, but as for pure athlete, sure Sean Taylor is best prospect to come out in...well as long as I've been alive and ever seen. HOWEVER, Ed Reed is a better overall safety. I see Mays projecting to a Laron Landry type...and Berry projecting to an Ed Reed ball hawking type. And I really can not comprehend how someone would take Mays over Berry. But I'm totally with you on Brandon Spikes.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

BEST Player I Have Ever Seen!!!!!!

Comment

I believe he was recruited as a corner, but was moved to Safety!

He will be a lock for a top 10 pick, I really don't know if we'll be willing to give up enough to move up from 32 to get him, that's alot of compensation!

:go:

Comment

Working...
                              X