KC switching to a 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC switching to a 3-4

I was listening to the fan the other night and heard that if they did switch to the 3-4 Dorsey might be traded
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    I was listening to the fan the other night and heard that if they did switch to the 3-4 Dorsey might be traded
    That is just a tad screwed up...lol. Would not surprise me that they would also go 3-4, another competitor for Raji...hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      That is just a tad screwed up...lol. Would not surprise me that they would also go 3-4, another competitor for Raji...hahaha.
      I think they would have a pretty good NT that possibly hold his own in the 3-4 in tank tyler.

Overall i think Denver really needs to stick to the 4-3 with all the teams converting to it. there will be some interesting players that might become available. That normally wouldnt be there

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
        I think they would have a pretty good NT that possibly hold his own in the 3-4 in tank tyler.

Overall i think Denver really needs to stick to the 4-3 with all the teams converting to it. there will be some interesting players that might become available. That normally wouldnt be there
        I am all for sticking to the 4-3, working on my 4-3 mock right now...and I think it will surprise a few. But yes, with so many teams in the process of converting or starting to...Denver would be wiser to stay with the 4-3 IMHO.

Comment

I would Rather we went 3-4 as it is proven to be a better defence in recent years and the fact our DC prefers the 3-4 and knows how to run it. I like the 4-3 but over the last few years that has not worked for us so i say we got to scrap it

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
            I would Rather we went 3-4 as it is proven to be a better defence in recent years and the fact our DC prefers the 3-4 and knows how to run it. I like the 4-3 but over the last few years that has not worked for us so i say we got to scrap it
            The teams that run a good 3-4 have NT that are rare and hard to find.

As far as being a better Defense. all i can say is this. New York Giants, Philidelphia, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Baltimore(although they do show 3-4 looks at times) Tampa Bay.

To say the 4-3 is a inferior scheme would be not true.

What makes both schemes work is players that FIT the scheme and that are able to execute it. You have to have good coaches.

Both schemes have there negatives.

There are a million reasons why our 'Scheme" has not worked over the last couple of years. Coaching, Players that dont fit the scheme, Selfish players, Players that have low Football IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
              I am all for sticking to the 4-3, working on my 4-3 mock right now...and I think it will surprise a few. But yes, with so many teams in the process of converting or starting to...Denver would be wiser to stay with the 4-3 IMHO.
              What i love about our new D Coaches is that they are pretty versatile. and can run either scheme. The most important thing we can do is find guys that can play disciplined and are very flexible. And can fit both schemes.

This year i think we are going to stay a base 4-3 with looks of the 3-4 in the future i am not as certain.

I like woodyard at WIL i like DJ at MIKE i think we need to find a SAM.

Safety needs to be upgraded regauardless. I like Josh Barrett, although competition never hurts If we could find a FS in FA and draft another safety i think that the position would be upgraded.

DLine. I think it is going to be interesting here how these guys do. if they play sucky this year we know its the guys we have if they excell we know it was the coaching.

Comment

let them switch to a 3-4.
                we'll just run right through there ass.

heck we'd run through there ass even if they stayed a 4-3

Comment

Hope they don't go 3-4, just one more competitor for those type guys, and there are a lot of teams needing DEs and NTs for 3-4 out there.

Comment

I think we should stick to the 4-3. The 3-4 isn't a better defense, for the Giants and the Titans both run a 4-3, and thats two of the best defenses in the NFL.

Last year, the 4-3 stopped the most prolific offense in NFL history, while the opposing team that is known for their 3-4 prowess lost to Manning and the Giants.

The Chiefs would be absolutely STUPID to trade away a player they just drafted 5 overall a year later. They would take a HUGE cap hit. No way they trade Dorsey.... and if they do, do NOT think that there is a way in hell he's traded to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      I think we should stick to the 4-3. The 3-4 isn't a better defense, for the Giants and the Titans both run a 4-3, and thats two of the best defenses in the NFL.

Last year, the 4-3 stopped the most prolific offense in NFL history, while the opposing team that is known for their 3-4 prowess lost to Manning and the Giants.

The Chiefs would be absolutely STUPID to trade away a player they just drafted 5 overall a year later. They would take a HUGE cap hit. No way they trade Dorsey.... and if they do, do NOT think that there is a way in hell he's traded to Denver.
                      They will not trade him this year. i think they would have to atleast try and fit him in somewhere.

Ravage I never said i wanted him nor even suggested we target him. Nor did i read anywhere in this thread that said anyone thought he should be traded to denver, so cut the crap. I just thought it was interesting on something i heard on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by omahaBroncoFan View Post
                        Hope they don't go 3-4, just one more competitor for those type guys, and there are a lot of teams needing DEs and NTs for 3-4 out there.
                        Especially since most of the teams that are going to make the switch are selecting before us in the draft. Definetly brutal

Comment

I understand a lot of your concerns on switching the 3-4. I do realize that there are a couple teams making the switch, making it extremely competitive to target players for the scheme. However, I still think our coaches need to do what they want, and feel most comfortable, and not base their decision on what other teams around the league are doing. Whether we stay in the 4-3 or make the switch to the 3-4, it doesn't matter, as long as that is what our coaching staff feels more comfortable working with.

We just got a whole group of new coaches and this is the best time to completely start over on the defensive side of the ball. We have a very young/talented offense that will be around together for a while (hopefully), all we need to do is produce an average defense to compete for championships. If we move to the 3-4, it may not pay off right away, as there will most definitely be some transitioning taking place..but think of 3 or 4 years down the road when our players have been in the same scheme for a couple years in a row. The last thing we need is our staff staying in a 4-3 this season, just because a couple other teams are switching, only to make a change to the 3-4 a year or 2 after and having to adjust to a completely different system. Start now, theres no better time to do a complete overhaul on defense then when your at your worst.

I'm not saying that we should go to the 3-4 or 4-3, I'm simply saying our coaches shouldn't react to what everyone else around the league is doing, but the make the league react to them. And no matter what we do, I don't see how it could be any worse than last year..

Comment

I hope we stay in the 4-3 for personel reasons. If the coaches wanted to change, I think we would go to a hybrid type defense.

People are right, the more teams switching to the 3-4 means more teams competing for players in the open market. For next season It might be easier for us to get quality 4-3 guys over 3-4 guys, so it makes sense not switching. :salute!:

Luckily I don't make the decisions or we would be screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                              I hope we stay in the 4-3 for personel reasons

Luckily I don't make the decisions or we would be screwed.
                              What personal reason would be better to stay with the 4-3 over the 3-4?

Our 4-3 players suck, so why not switch while we don't have big money and high draft picks invested in players that can't play both schemes.

If you switch you switch now while we have a low cap and no real talented guys that can't fit the other scheme.

and we are VERY LUCKY:salute!:

Comment

Working...
                              X