KC switching to a 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neutessa View Post

I agree with you on the One Gap - if the Broncos go 3-4, I think right now they would be best suited for the one gap. From what I've read, Nolan said that they were running only about 20% two-gap in San Fran.
    I think hiring SD's Dline coach is a clear indication that we will have our DEs in a one gap system (primarily) all 3-4 teams run both, it just depends on how heavily they favor one or the other.

As far as all the teams drafting ahead of us, it only really matters in round 1 & 2 IMO. After that, those teams are just as likely to take OL, DB or offense.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
      I think hiring SD's Dline coach is a clear indication that we will have our DEs in a one gap system (primarily) all 3-4 teams run both, it just depends on how heavily they favor one or the other.

As far as all the teams drafting ahead of us, it only really matters in round 1 & 2 IMO. After that, those teams are just as likely to take OL, DB or offense.
      I agree on both points. I was also pointing out that certain players will be suited for either scheme - which makes the overall 'competition' angle sort of irrelevant. For example, BJ Raji - there is no guarantee he will go to a 3-4 team that needs a NT. Some 3-4 teams may be more desperate to nab him ... but there is no reason that a team like the Bengals wouldn't value him just as much as the 3-4 teams would.

Comment

There is no IF this, IF that... we ARE a 3-4 team now.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
          There is no IF this, IF that... we ARE a 3-4 team now.
          When we brought in San Diego's d-line coach I came to the same conclusion. It's pretty much a certainty as far as I can tell.
          Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X