Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is the day...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Today is the day...

    Teams will be allowed to release players starting today.

    Who will we release, if anyone?

    When can teams sign FA's? March?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
    Teams will be allowed to release players starting today.

    Who will we release, if anyone?

    When can teams sign FA's? March?

    niko koutivides and dewayne robertson will be released first, they are due unacceptable roster bonuses.

    I would imagine Mcree, and vernon fox will follow shortly after

    Webster/Ekuban/Petrson/Ramsey/D-jax are all FA's so hopefully we resign ekuban and peterson, but its doubtful.......

    Engleberger and Winborn are likely cuts because of rifts with Nolan, but they could stick around through camp......

    I also expect cory boyd, Andre Hall, and selvin young to be released....Turner is not high on any of them right now......


    it certainly will interesting thats for sure.................

    Comment


    • #3
      Niko and Robertson will def. be the first to go. The Broncos will want to get that salty taste of shatbaggedness out of their mouth. All the safeties other than Barrett will probably be the next to go. Hopefully their will be a long list of D players gone by the end of the week, to prove we are turning the page once and for all.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
        Niko and Robertson will def. be the first to go. The Broncos will want to get that salty taste of shatbaggedness out of their mouth. All the safeties other than Barrett will probably be the next to go. Hopefully their will be a long list of D players gone by the end of the week, to prove we are turning the page once and for all.
        Will not happen...lol. While I respect your rancor toward the past additions to the team. Denver would be in fiscal hell to just start cutting away the fat. I expect some restructures to take place first. Plus Denver needs to have a full roster, it would take too many draft picks and free agents to fill up the roster; so they cut a bunch have to pay them and then pay for new contracts...that would not be smart on their part.

        Plus according to what McDaniels has said they will be meeting likely today or tomorrow with the whole team. It will likely be about wednesday or thursday before we see our first cuts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Some of these guys might be retained if they take a huge paycut. Obviously Robertson is a bust because of his draft number and will have a hard time finding work because he can't pass a physical. I say we keep Mcree for depth. He wasn't as awful as the other scrubs we had in there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lancane View Post
            Will not happen...lol. While I respect your rancor toward the past additions to the team. Denver would be in fiscal hell to just start cutting away the fat. I expect some restructures to take place first. Plus Denver needs to have a full roster, it would take too many draft picks and free agents to fill up the roster; so they cut a bunch have to pay them and then pay for new contracts...that would not be smart on their part.

            Plus according to what McDaniels has said they will be meeting likely today or tomorrow with the whole team. It will likely be about wednesday or thursday before we see our first cuts.
            Yeah, I actually agree. I became overzealous at the thought of getting rid of the dead weight (it's the symptom I suffer from when thinking of our D, it's my curse). We're going to have to keep more than we would like, but I do think Niko and Robertson will be gone in the end. I believe Fox and possibly Manuel will be gone, though. I made a shat post on account of me being utterly disgusted by the D.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              we are 34 mil under the cap lets get some quality FA in here !


              http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

              Comment


              • #8
                Denver can't just go haywire releasing folks.

                1.) It looks real bad on the organization.

                2.) There are cap penalties when players are released.

                3.) As Lancane mentioned those players have to be replaced and the NFL doesn't have a minor leagues to call players up from.


                I see 3 players being let go almost immediately

                Dewayne Robertson due to the $4 mill bonus + salary he gets and not wanting to play in 3-4.

                Jamie Winborn due to the rift he has with Nolan.

                Nate "Celebration Station" Webster due to him just flat out sucking. :go:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Free agents (can't cut already gone):

                  S McCree - 2mm last year
                  CB Paymah - 927k last year
                  DT Petersen - 650k last year
                  DE EE - 1.6mm last year
                  LB Webster - 1mm last year
                  WR DJax - 1.5mm last year
                  QB Ramsey - 2.4mm last year
                  C Nalen (retired) - 4.1mm last year

                  Cuts (I expect):

                  Niko - Due 1.8MM roster bonus
                  Winborn - Due 1.7MM salary


                  On the bubble:

                  Boss Bailey - I do not believe he has any bonuses due, only 900K salary. Best if we wait until after camp and cut him later if not healthy. Could play ILB behind DJ. His poor ST play will make him a casualty if we can find a cheaper option.

                  Marquand Manuel - Has a 1.25MM salary, but we are short on bodies at Safety. Could also be a late cut if we find a cheaper option.

                  Dwayne Robertson - Will be asked to restructure most likely and be a NT. He was not great at it, but could be a decent depth player if cheap enough. He may be out of options with knee and passing physicals. I expect him to restructure for around 1.5MM base.

                  I think everyone else including all the RBs and fring WRs will at least make it to camp to compete for roster spots.
                  Last edited by Cutler2007; 02-09-2009, 11:49 AM.

                  R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                  J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                  R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dewayne Robertson and John Engleberger seem obvious...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Free Agency starts February 27th, so that's when we can expect things to start rollin.

                      It would be easier to name 5 defensive players I want to keep.
                      _____________________________________________

                      1.)Champ Bailey--(Greatest CB Ever IMHO who had an injury nagging him at the end of the season. Should be perfectly fine once we actually have a defense and he doesn't have to worry about the run.)

                      2.)D.J. Williams--(Also nagged by a lingering injury...Still top tier.)

                      3.)
                      Dumervil--(I still believe he can be successful in the 3-4)

                      4.)Dre' Bly--(Still a great corner. You try playing across from Champ Bailey, receiving all the attention (without a pass rush.))

                      5.)
                      Josh Barrett--(Actually brings some potential and talent to the Safety position.
                      Last edited by Bronco-24; 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM.
                      Originally posted by darth-hideous
                      Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                      Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X