Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ??

    where does woodyard fit in thw 3-4?? anyone..

  • #2
    Unless he can put some weight on he is a back up 3-4 WSLB and a ST's ace. they could also try and move him to SS but i can't see that happening.
    Humm....

    Comment


    • #3
      He does not fit. The reason why he wasnt drafted is not becuase he cant play. its that he has no true position with his weight concerns.
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bronco_Daze View Post
        where does woodyard fit in thw 3-4?? anyone..
        he doesnt fit in. His only shot at starting is if he makes a full-time switch to Strong Safety, which I don't believe is his best position.


        sigpic


        FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



        :cool:

        Comment


        • #5
          He fits in as a nickel LB. 3-4 is only a base, and I could see Woodyard coming in on passing downs to play some LB. He could also play a rover position if we feel we want 8 in the box. Not a true SS, but he could replce our SS in certain looks.

          He is a good player and if we want we can find some snaps for him on defense. I still think he will be shopped for a 4th or 5th round pick and some Tampa-2 teams could bite. It is definitely something to watch for before the draft.

          R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
            He fits in as a nickel LB. 3-4 is only a base, and I could see Woodyard coming in on passing downs to play some LB. He could also play a rover position if we feel we want 8 in the box. Not a true SS, but he could replce our SS in certain looks.

            He is a good player and if we want we can find some snaps for him on defense. I still think he will be shopped for a 4th or 5th round pick and some Tampa-2 teams could bite. It is definitely something to watch for before the draft.
            I dont know how smart it would be to be moving Woodyard to Strong Safety AND the nickel weakside Linebacker in a game.......it would just get to be too much to handle IMO.


            sigpic


            FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



            :cool:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
              I dont know how smart it would be to be moving Woodyard to Strong Safety AND the nickel weakside Linebacker in a game.......it would just get to be too much to handle IMO.
              I wouldn't move Woodyard to SS. If he stays I would just use him on nickel packages and in a 4-4 looks against run heavy teams.

              we do not know our entire personnel yet, so it is hard to guess on the best way to use him. I would really rather keep him as a specialist if we can not get a 4th for him...and that will be tough to do unless a Tampa-2 loves what they saw from him last year.

              R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                I wouldn't move Woodyard to SS. If he stays I would just use him on nickel packages and in a 4-4 looks against run heavy teams.

                we do not know our entire personnel yet, so it is hard to guess on the best way to use him. I would really rather keep him as a specialist if we can not get a 4th for him...and that will be tough to do unless a Tampa-2 loves what they saw from him last year.
                that's true......our roster wont shape up until after free agency. Honestly I'm so excited for free agency because I believe the Broncos are going to be aggressive!

                back to Woodyard......I think he's just too special of a player to not be a starter. If he's the nickel linebacker, it would be him and DJ Williams in that situation most likely, but what if we draft a linebacker high? Isnt he going to be in there all the time?

                DJ sure as hell isnt going to sit Nickel defense.......

                I really dont know, lets hope we get an idea for our roster soon


                sigpic


                FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                :cool:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  that's true......our roster wont shape up until after free agency. Honestly I'm so excited for free agency because I believe the Broncos are going to be aggressive!

                  back to Woodyard......I think he's just too special of a player to not be a starter. If he's the nickel linebacker, it would be him and DJ Williams in that situation most likely, but what if we draft a linebacker high? Isnt he going to be in there all the time?

                  DJ sure as hell isnt going to sit Nickel defense.......

                  I really dont know, lets hope we get an idea for our roster soon
                  I am in the group that feels DJ will find a home at RILB in a 3-4. Dj is so versatile, that we can do some hybrid stuff. move to a 4-3 look with him at WSLB or MLB, bring the OLBs up in a 5-2 look, so on. I also like Martindale to get a little more out of him (is that hire official?).

                  Don Martindale does a great job with LB coverages (a weak spot for DJ) and is another reason I think he will be able to utilize Woodyard.

                  R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                  J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                  R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i dont know were he fits in with the new regime.what i do know is hes younger,faster,smarter,most active in a positive way when hes in the game and hes a better tackler than all the lb's we have accept dj.i think for a player like woodyard and others in the same boat such as barrent and hillis,rookies that were thrust into the line up and performed really well.we need to find a way for them to play in woodyards case i would move dj back to middle and play woodyard at weak side lb,unless we went out and get a big time mlb this is what i think we should consider because we have to use the talent we have and dj has proven he can handle the middle.what do you guys think of this idea?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      From " What 3-4 Personnel Do the Broncos Have? " Article

                      http://mvn.com/thinair/2009/01/what-...ncos-have.html

                      "One player that could be completely out of luck, however, is Wesley Woodyard. At only around 225 pounds, he is too light to find a perfect fit in the 3-4 defense. Unless he can still make the change to strong safety (and experiments with it at the end of last year weren't terribly promising), Woodyard may find himself relegated to being a special teams ace."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nobody knows...hell, the Broncos aren't even sure what they are going to do with their defense at the moment. Everyone is assuming the move to a 3-4, but that has not been determined...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X