Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I firmly believe S is the most important position on D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I definetly agree that Safety is a key position in a teams Defense...however it is not the most important. Although I have to say, if I had to witness an aweful season next year by the Broncos in order to get a top 5 pick to draft Eric Berry next year, I think it might be worth it for the Broncos future. Look at how important Ed Reed is to the Ravens Defense. We, in my opinion, are lacking another decent WR and a future Center on offense. Ray or Raji this year and Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Brandon Spikes, or Terrence Cody(last two of course depending on this years draft) and I think our team is off to a great future on D.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Hey we can always go after Atogwe, Oshiomogho in FA. And they go after Chung or Williams in the second. Who ever is available

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
        Absolutely agree with you there. I'm not against a safety at all. However, if the choice is between a safety and a Dlineman - and you have both equally rated - I think you have to go with the DL right now.
        I agree. If I were able to draft for the Broncos I would be all about Raji right now. If he is there at #12 I don't see how you dont take him. Then with your second, you take the best ILB/MLB available. Then you find your S in the 3rd.

Comment

IMO, you can't really target one position as the most important part of a defense. I firmly believe the most important part of the defense is the defensive line as a "unit". Its hard to find a team with a top tier defense that doesn't have a good D-line, actually I don't think you'll find one anywhere. If you have a great D-line, then yes I would agree that the next most important thing on defense is a safety. However a great safety with no d-line isn't going to get you very far...

Comment

I agree to some degree S, MLB, and DT. Teams that are considered to have great defense have great players in each of these positions. Ravens-Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and Nghota or however its spelled Steelers- Polomalu, Farrior+Harrison+Woodley+Larry Foote, and Chris Hampton and Nick Eason who we used to have along with Trevor Pryce another ex-bronco, and so on, 2005-2006 when we were one game from greatness, our defense was excellent in stuffing the run Champ was playing lights out John Lynch anchored that defense along with Al Wilson, but i don't remember our DT, Gerrard Warren maybe, we just need to go back to what worked then we'll be alright.
            Check me out- I am Advocate Greatness

Comment

I agree to some degree, but I believe S, MLB, and DT. Teams that are considered to have great defense have great players in each of these positions. Ravens-Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and Nghota or however its spelled Steelers- Polomalu, Farrior+Harrison+Woodley+Larry Foote, and Chris Hampton and Nick Eason, who we used to have along with Trevor Pryce another ex-bronco, and so on, 2005-2006 when we were one game from greatness, our defense was excellent in stuffing the run Champ was playing lights out John Lynch anchored that defense along with Al Wilson, but i don't remember our DT, Gerrard Warren maybe, we just need to go back to what worked then we'll be alright.
              Check me out- I am Advocate Greatness

Comment

Working...
              X