4th: SS/FS, Chip Vaughn, Wake Forest
    5a: ILB, Jasper Brinkley, S. Carolina
    5b: OLB/DE, Willie VanDeSteeg, Minnesota
    6th: WR, Jeremy Childs, Boise State
    7a: FS, Trimane Goddard, North Carolina
    7b: NT, Antonio Dixon, Miami
    CFA:
    DT/NT, Louis Ellis, Shaw (to the PS)
    TE, Anthony Hill, NC State (to the PS/ or Nate Jackson’s spot)

Signed FA's:
    FS Sean Jones age 26/ 3-4 year deal
    DE/DT Kenny Peterson age 30/ 2 year deal
    FB Michael Pittman age 33/ 1 year deal
    RB Tatum Bell age 28/ 1-2 year deal
    CB Justin Miller age 26/ 2-3 year deal
    Note: all of our own UFA's are let go unless I added them above example: Kenny Peterson.

Cuts:
    Engelberger (Issues with Nolan)
    Robertson (Large roster bonus)
    Winborn (Issues with Nolan)
    Niko (Large roster bonus)
    Shaw (Poor back up with no place on team)
    Green (No roster room)
    Fox (Poor back up with no place on team)
    Haggan (No roster room)
    Manuel (Poor play/ no roster room)

Defensive Depth Chart:
    (FA)- Free Agent addition
    (R#)-Rookie and round in which they were selected

DE: Thomas/ Clemons
    NT: Ron Brace (R2)/ Powell/ Antonio Dixon (R7)
    DE: Jarron Gilbert (R3)/ Kenny Peterson (FA)

OLB: Everette Brown (R1)/ Doom/ Willie VanDeSteeg (R5)
    ILB: DJ Williams/ Woodyard/ Boss
    ILB: Jasper Brinkley (R5)/ Larsen
    OLB: Jarvis Moss/ Crowder

CB: Dre Bly/ Jack Williams/ Justin Miller (FA)
    FS: Sean Jones (FA)/ Trimane Goddard (R7)
    SS: Chip Vaughn (R4)/ Josh Barrett
    CB: Champ/ Josh Bell

Offensive Depth Chart:

QB: Jay Cutler/ Darrell Hackney
    RB: Ryan Torain/ Tatum Bell/ Anthony Alridge
    FB: Peyton Hillis/ Michael Pittman (FA)
    WR: Brandon Marshall/ Eddie Royal/ Brandon Stokley/ Chad Jackson/ Jeremy Childs (R6)
    TE: Daniel Graham/ Tony Scheffler/ Nate Jackson
    OT: Ryan Clady/ Ryan Harris/ Tyler Polumbus/ Eric Pears (retained RFA)
    OG: Chris Kuper/ Ben Hamilton/ Pat Murray
    OC: Casey Wiegmann/ Kory Lichtensteiger

Special Teams:

PK: Matt Prater
    P/H: Brett Kern
    LS: Mike Leach
    PR/KR Justin Miller (FA)/ Alridge/ Royal/ Jackson

Practice Squad:

RB Cory Boyd
    DE Ryan McBean
    OG Mitch Erikson
    DT/NT Louis Ellis (cfa)
    TE Anthony Hill (cfa)
    RB P.J. Pope (not sure if this is his last year of PS eligibility or if it was last season)
    DT/DE Matthias Askew (not sure if this is his last year of PS eligibility or if it was last season)

Finally someone else who agrees Crowder could play OLB in the 3-4 what people forget about him he is really quick for a guy who is 270+ he could be our better version of Merriman. Overall good Off season :salute!:

Comment

As good as anyone's at this time of year. I do think we can do more in FA because we have lost (or you cut) quite a bit of $$$. Some examples:

Pittman: I think we can afford an upgrade here, maybe a guy like Evans or Weaver?

WR: With us running spread (supposedly) I would think we need at least one vet to replace DJax.

DL: Dixon could go PS, but I think we need at least 1 DE that has played a 3-4 before...maybe Mike Wright?

QB: At least add an UDFA...we need more than 2 QBs on the team lol

OLB: Like DE, I would like to see at least one OLB that has 3-4 experience, maybe Ellis or Babin? Putting a lot of hopes on Doom, Crowder, and Moss being able to convert.

Not bad, I like many of the picks. YTou just seemed to cut a lot of vets and turn around and only signed one impact guy and a bunch of old men/fringe players.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I like most of the mock. Crowder could then play DE on obvious passing downs. I think we could get Brinkley in the sixth round because of his injury.

Comment

Good Stuff Ringo!

My main problem, if you go by my thoughts and mock, is that Brown, Brace, and Vaughn will be gone by the time we select in the spots you have us taking them. Outside of that, and you could be right with your projections, I really like the draft.

The Free Agents moves are pretty good as well. I really like the Sean Jones pickup.

It looks good and makes some sense, which means there is no way any of it will happen. I would rather have Selvin Young then Tatum Bell though.

Comment

I like the Jeremy Childs pick. His 40 time won't wow anybody at the combine (might even turn away some), but he is a great route runner with exceptional hands. I've seen him take a lot of hits while holding on to the ball the last two years. He's a very tough guy.

Personally, I think he could turn into a great slot receiver even though he isn't projected that way.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
              Good Stuff Ringo!

My main problem, if you go by my thoughts and mock, is that Brown, Brace, and Vaughn will be gone by the time we select in the spots you have us taking them. Outside of that, and you could be right with your projections, I really like the draft.

The Free Agents moves are pretty good as well. I really like the Sean Jones pickup.

It looks good and makes some sense, which means there is no way any of it will happen. I would rather have Selvin Young then Tatum Bell though.
              I think Brown might be gone as well but one of the top defensive studs will be there it is so hard to project which guy will be left at #12 so I took Brown this time.

The only team I see taking Brace infront of us in round 2 is Miami the 49ers could but they have huge holes on both sides of the ball and I don't see them picking as many defensive players because of that.

Vaughn is a hard one to pin precombine, if he has a so so showing he will not be taken nearly has high as the 3rd round and should be around for our 4th round pick, if he shows up at the combine and tests well I think he will be out of reach in the 4th but an option in round 3rd depending on how the other safeties workout.

I don't see us making a big splash in FA, I think we could but I just don't see it happening, I had Bart Scott in the mock but I took him out because I don't think we will sign any of the top guys in FA.

NOW for the Young vs Bell.

I don't like a thing about Young, what has he shown us other than being hurt, he isn't fast he can't run between the tackles he isn't evasive I just don't see why anyone would want to keep him. yes he breaks a decent run at times but he is always caught from behind.

Bell at least has shown he can play before, and he did look good in the limited action he saw at the end of the season. Bell is "fastish" and is evasive I don't think he can do much between the tackles but he still seems to be a MUCH better option than Young.

Comment

Good Stuff Ringo!

come on MUG, the guy is cocky, injury prone, Slow, not a great blocker and Just not durable.

Tatum is humble,Fast, has good vision, break speed, scoring ability.

Selvin's time is done he cant score and he cant stay healthy....i like his vision and recieving skills, but he is slow in the second level. i think tatum earned his shot with his last couple games before the season closed.....running 8 times for 80 yds and 2 Td's in non garbage time against a much improved defense shows he is the perfect change of pace guy when he is in shape, and i think thats why alridge was cut. We need speed on this team and selvin does not have breaking speed that tatum does......i dont expect hall or selvin to be with the team next year......turner is loyal to his backs and tatum didnt let him down once when he came back. selvin and hall did.....

Comment

LOL, Listen you two....

Selvin Young can catch and run routes. He's dynamic. Tatum Bell has stone hands, is a possible thief, and has fumbleitis. The first and third being the most important.

While Selvin Young is not a great answer, he's a much better answer then Tatum Bell, whom was out of the league last year until we suffered our 6th RB injury.

The reality is that with Aldridge being cut, Young is our ONLY 3rd down, pass catching back on the team currently. Our coach saw what someone like Kevin Faulk did for New England in HIS offense. We have to have that pass catching threat. Right now, its Selvin. Tatum can't catch.

Comment

LOL, Listen you two....

Selvin Young can catch and run routes. He's dynamic. Tatum Bell has stone hands, is a possible thief, and has fumbleitis. The first and third being the most important.

While Selvin Young is not a great answer, he's a much better answer then Tatum Bell, whom was out of the league last year until we suffered our 6th RB injury.

The reality is that with Aldridge being cut, Young is our ONLY 3rd down, pass catching back on the team currently. Our coach saw what someone like Kevin Faulk did for New England in HIS offense. We have to have that pass catching threat. Right now, its Selvin. Tatum can't catch.

lol....hahaha

selvin fumbled more last year than tatum did in less games..... he also dropped 3 catches, tatum dropped none......they played in about the same amount of games....the difference is tatum isnt the same guy he was he is humble and worked hard last year. selvin vowed for 2000 yds, only to screw his groin on a arm tackle selvin cant score, and cant break a long one. he lacks the speed tatum has. they are essenetially the same back, but taum has better vision, while selvin catches better. however hillis is better than both at that and should be used as such.

I am all for keeping both selvin and tatum, and torain and drafting a RB, leaving hillis at FB, but if it was me and i had to drop selvin or tatum. i would drop selvins injury prone, cocky, slow butt in a heartbeat.

Tatum sat out half a season and still cam back more durable that, slevin. neither is a franchise back answer....but its time to let selvin and his groin issues rest in peace...lol

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                      lol....hahaha

selvin fumbled more last year than tatum did in less games..... he also dropped 3 catches, tatum dropped none......they played in about the same amount of games....the difference is tatum isnt the same guy he was he is humble and worked hard last year. selvin vowed for 2000 yds, only to screw his groin on a arm tackle selvin cant score, and cant break a long one. he lacks the speed tatum has. they are essenetially the same back, but taum has better vision, while selvin catches better. however hillis is better than both at that and should be used as such.

I am all for keeping both selvin and tatum, and torain and drafting a RB, leaving hillis at FB, but if it was me and i had to drop selvin or tatum. i would drop selvins injury prone, cocky, slow butt in a heartbeat.

Tatum sat out half a season and still cam back more durable that, slevin. neither is a franchise back answer....but its time to let selvin and his groin issues rest in peace...lol
                      Selvin hasn't show one reason why he should be kept on our team, a RB who can catch but can't run isn't what we need on this team.

Selvin is slow and weak he also drops alot of the balls tossed his way, and he has just as bad if not a worse case of the fumbles than Tatum.

Many Tatums fumbles came when he was carrying the load here, something Selvin has never done and never will because he just isn't good enough to do so or is ALWAYS hurt.

Comment

Hey now, Selvin averages over 5.0 yards per carry. That's pretty good. And in 2007, when he stayed relatively healthy, he was very effective.

I am NOT going out on a limb for Selvin Young. He's got some talent, but he has durability concerns. I just think he offers more to this team than Tatum Bell, mainly because Young can be a 3rd down back, Tatum can not. I also believe we have our primary RBs set with Peyton Hillis starting at RB, and Ryan Torain backing him up.

Comment

Hey now, Selvin averages over 5.0 yards per carry. That's pretty good. And in 2007, when he stayed relatively healthy, he was very effective.

I am NOT going out on a limb for Selvin Young. He's got some talent, but he has durability concerns. I just think he offers more to this team than Tatum Bell, mainly because Young can be a 3rd down back, Tatum can not. I also believe we have our primary RBs set with Peyton Hillis starting at RB, and Ryan Torain backing him up.
                          tatum avg 5.7 yds per carry, and has break speed. and tatum can be a 3rd down back when healthy, he caught more passes than selvin did last year in less games. he also has the system down pat.

hillis should remain at FB as a versatile weapon...given a full load he will be getting conistently beat up and injured, we need to use him correctly....

I think pittman/torain makes more sense.....

also before you tell me pittman cant get it done....lol, that dude ran with monstorous authority when he started. people just forget about his abilities because he is a vet. he has heart, grit, and talent, and actually is a better 3rd down back than tatum and selvin combined. He is a tougher runner, better blocker, and better catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                            tatum avg 5.7 yds per carry, and has break speed. and tatum can be a 3rd down back when healthy, he caught more passes than selvin did last year in less games. he also has the system down pat.

hillis should remain at FB as a versatile weapon...given a full load he will be getting conistently beat up and injured, we need to use him correctly....

I think pittman/torain makes more sense.....

also before you tell me pittman cant get it done....lol, that dude ran with monstorous authority when he started. people just forget about his abilities because he is a vet. he has heart, grit, and talent, and actually is a better 3rd down back than tatum and selvin combined. He is a tougher runner, better blocker, and better catcher.
                            elevation we seem to be on the exact same page about our RB/FB situation:salute!:

I have been saying the exact same stuff for awhile now!

RB: Torain/ Pittman/ Bell
                            FB: Hillis/ Pittman

I think that can be a very strong rotation with our RB's/FB's getting a lot of touches and grinding down the other teams defense and contolling the clock.

Comment

Working...
                            X