Clear All

• Broncos Cut 5, we want any? lol

Anthony Alridge RB
    Alex Haynes RB
    Chad Mustard TE
    P.J. Pope RB
    Cliff Russell WR

i had high hopes for Alridge, but im not surprised by the rest

I think Alridge will land somewhere. Maybe with Torain in the fold, we can not afford to take a chance on Anthony's durability.

May have to add a TE to the mock drafts (I figured we would anyways). Jackson can not be counted on for a full season, so that leaves us with two.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
      I think Alridge will land somewhere. Maybe with Torain in the fold, we can not afford to take a chance on Anthony's durability.

May have to add a TE to the mock drafts (I figured we would anyways). Jackson can not be counted on for a full season, so that leaves us with two.
      I would love for us to get patrick turner out of USC...

also leaonard pope is a free agent but im not sure what he'd cost

Comment

Hey you stole my headline. Its ok though. Finally, some off season moves that involve the Broncos. I have been waiting.
        I am really suprised that no defensive players were cut. Maybe thats for another day. It will be an interseting off season and hopefully a good one for us.

Comment

Im quite surprised to see Pope on there, I thought it was promising what he showed whenever he was in there. I dont know how bad his injury was though, maybe that had something to do with it. Im not surprised by the other cuts though.

Comment

Poor Chad, hard life, haha.

But seriously, theres a lack of Manuel getting cut. Hope that gets fixed soon.
            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

maybe aldridge to the practice squad. but thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                Anthony Alridge RB
                Alex Haynes RB
                Chad Mustard TE
                P.J. Pope RB
                Cliff Russell WR

Anyone else notice that we cut all offense? Maybe we are looking to max out on defensive guys to see what sticks.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosNL View Post
                  Im quite surprised to see Pope on there, I thought it was promising what he showed whenever he was in there. I dont know how bad his injury was though, maybe that had something to do with it. Im not surprised by the other cuts though.
                  Pope was just the beneficiary of great blocking when he had the ball. You didnt see Pope run over people, or break their ankles...........the front 5 opened up MASSIVE holes when he was in (kinda like the holes they opened up for Tatum Bell)....

Pope was nothing special..........

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Anthony Alridge RB
                    Alex Haynes RB
                    Chad Mustard TE
                    P.J. Pope RB
                    Cliff Russell WR

Two surprises:
                    Anthony Alridge- I thought we'd try harder to keep him on the roster. Perhaps the Broncos wanted him on the P-Squad and he decided to look for a roster spot elsewhere. I thought he'd be a great P/KR and back-up RB for us this fall.

No Defensive players- There are a dozen guys that we should cut or not resign. I'll be waiting for the other shoe to drop.
                    DB: Bell, Moulten, Jones, McCree, Manuel, Fox
                    LB: Webster, Winborn, Haggan
                    DL: Engelberger, Ekuban, Robertson

Comment

I was very surprised about Aldridge. I also thought he would be valuable as PR/KR and occasional change of pace RB. I wonder if there is more to his injury that we don't know about?

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                        Two surprises:
                        Anthony Alridge- I thought we'd try harder to keep him on the roster. Perhaps the Broncos wanted him on the P-Squad and he decided to look for a roster spot elsewhere. I thought he'd be a great P/KR and back-up RB for us this fall.

No Defensive players- There are a dozen guys that we should cut or not resign. I'll be waiting for the other shoe to drop.
                        i think the bolded names will atleast get a shot in camp
                        bell was only a rookie and played decently
                        McCree-only if we dont bring in a veteran safety
                        Manual-is a decent back up...by the end of the year he was doing better at shedding blocks and was usually in good position
                        Haggan-has the perfect size for a 3-4 ILB, good back up
                        Ekuban-again in depends who they bring in, but ekuban had a productive season and has the size to play in the 3-4

Comment

Anthony Alridge RB
                          Alex Haynes RB
                          Chad Mustard TE
                          P.J. Pope RB
                          Cliff Russell WR

This proves that as a Head Coach, Coach McDaniels can cut the Mustard.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            Pope was just the beneficiary of great blocking when he had the ball. You didnt see Pope run over people, or break their ankles...........the front 5 opened up MASSIVE holes when he was in (kinda like the holes they opened up for Tatum Bell)....

Pope was nothing special..........
                            tatums runs in the chargers game were alot of him more than the line it was his speed that got the TD...and they were run outside not through gaping holes in the middle of the line.....

alridge being cut, means tatums still with the team...he is a better back than selvin young, and less injury prone....he will be our change of pace back next year!!!!!!

Dont worry though i said the same thing about mike bell last year...lol

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                              Two surprises:

I keep on seeing people saying they expect Bell to be gone, so maybe I'm one of the crazies in thinking he actually has a chance to be one of our starters next year lol.

In my opinion for an UDFA rookie Bell played excellent. He got beat a few times, but what rookie corner doesn't? He was physical, and did a good job staying with his guys. If anything he's gotta be our nickle. He outplayed Jack Williams and Karl Paymah, so I just don't see him gone.. and will be super surprised if he doesn't make it to camp. Just my :2cents:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X