Forget about Rey!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget about Rey!!

I believe there are better LB we could get. Of course there is Aaron Curry but i dont think he will be there when we pick. So IMO i think we go after James Laurinaitis. This man is a playmaker in my eyes. He got the size the speed and shed blockers well. I think he will have a lot better career they Rey would have.
    If there is anyway we could get Cushing too i think id freakin buy tickets to every game and i live in Delaware hahaa. I think Cushing is the most underrated LB in the First Round. Attack the ball good, his size is amazing, and the man is a hard worker.

In the second round i believe we should go after either two people. DT Brace or S Chung. Two good athletes that could be starters right away and make a instant impact.

Now for Free Agency ill try and be realistic.
    Suggs- wants to stay in Balti.
    Ray- denver wont spend that much for a guy with few years left.
    Haynesworth- most likely stay in Titans
    Vilma-said he wants to play with Saints again
    Peppers- we have a chance at him but there will be a ton of teams offering big bucks
    Oshiomogho- I believe is the guy we must go after and i think we have a shot at him. I think he is a must get guy. ever since Mays decided to stay in college.
    Last edited by Murph2432; 02-11-2009, 03:46 PM.

u kidding lauranitis would be a horrible pick if we switch to the 3-4. one of his biggest weaknesses is shedding blocks...he'd be a wasted pick

I would love to have either curry or maualuga

Comment

yea right just wait and see. Can you say the next Brian Urlacher??

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        yea right just wait and see. Can you say the next Brian Urlacher??
        can you say next Brian Bosworth? or has brian cushing already claimed that title?

Comment

I can't say that Laurinaitis would be a bad pick, because he is a good linebacker, but I think a 3-4 defense asks for players like Maualuga and Cushing, they are more aggressive and can blitz very well. Laurinaitis is a solid player, he is technical, hardly misses a tackle, has discipline and does not seem to be a selfish guy. Maualuga is a very intense guy, lays the wood and knows how to rush the passer, but many scouts say he tends to overpursue and leave his gap. But I think Laurinaitis, Maualuga and Cushing are examples of good linebackers and their major weaknesses will be fixed before the regular season. My biggest concern is how we will improve our defensive line.
          sigpic

Comment

I believe there are better LB we could get. Of course there is Aaron Curry but i dont think he will be there when we pick. So IMO i think we go after James Laurinaitis. This man is a playmaker in my eyes. He got the size the speed and shed blockers well. I think he will have a lot better career they Rey would have.
            If there is anyway we could get Cushing too i think id freakin buy tickets to every game and i live in Delaware hahaa. I think Cushing is the most underrated LB in the First Round. Attack the ball good, his size is amazing, and the man is a hard worker.

In the second round i believe we should go after either two people. DT Brace or S Chung. Two good athletes that could be starters right away and make a instant impact.

Now for Free Agency ill try and be realistic.
            Suggs- wants to stay in Balti.
            Ray- denver wont spend that much for a guy with few years left.
            Haynesworth- most likely stay in Titans
            Vilma-said he wants to play with Saints again
            Peppers- we have a chance at him but there will be a ton of teams offering big bucks
            Oshiomogho- I believe is the guy we must go after and i think we have a shot at him. I think he is a must get guy. ever since Mays decided to stay in college.
            Based on what?

Your opinion?

Maualuga is the man, biatch

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              u kidding lauranitis would be a horrible pick if we switch to the 3-4. one of his biggest weaknesses is shedding blocks...he'd be a wasted pick

I would love to have either curry or maualuga
              I dont know I would take Lauranitis...with my third rounder. But he will be gone by them.... I will bet anyone that he is a second round pick though.... The guy has bust written all over him... Personally I think that he is topped out with his talent.
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Normally a Laurinitis type linebacker(great coverage skills) would be the guy I'd vote for especially in this age of recieving tight ends and RBs.

But luga is just the type of guy who can really win out against who he is going against, he could very well turn out to be one of the best pass rushing LBs. And our other LBs are more of the coverage, speed guys, a run-stuffing monster in the middle would be nice.

Comment

Two words sum up Laurinitis for me, over rated.

Not to mention he plays for the Ohio State Suckeyes.

Have a good day.
                  sigpic

Comment

If you think that Rey is a bad pick then you never saw the guy play. He is a better player coming out then Willis was. He will be the best MLB in the league by his third season
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Im not saying he is going to be bad im just saying i think that James will be the better player in the league

Comment

Im not saying he is going to be bad im just saying i think that James will be the better player in the league
                        ...and you would be wrong.

Comment

James Laurinaitis and Rey each have strengths the other doesn't. Rey is better at rushing the passer and stronger. James is faster, has better reads, and plays coverage better. I could be happy with either of them. But than again, Broncos are VERY weak at rushing the passer so that would be a welcome addition.
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-11-2009, 06:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

JL would be absolutely awful in the 34.

Comment

If I had to choose I would take Rey, but..... I would like to wait for the 3rd or 4th and take McKillop.

I also doubt that we use our first pick at a position we are ok (not great)
                              DJ and Larsen will get the job done inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X