Forget about Rey!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    I dont know I would take Lauranitis...with my third rounder. But he will be gone by them.... I will bet anyone that he is a second round pick though.... The guy has bust written all over him... Personally I think that he is topped out with his talent.

I agree Ohio State have had ALOT of LB'ers come out and BUSTED...Remember the "KAT" he was a cant miss...Spielman was the last LB'er to come outta there to do anything...Unless you count Vrabel then i'll count Gholston...BUMMMMMMMMM!
    sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Gholston and Vrable were DE's at OSU. JL can't meet a FB in the hole, let alone a OL. LB's from OSU shy away from contact. Lauranitis is not the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO View Post
        If I had to choose I would take Rey, but..... I would like to wait for the 3rd or 4th and take McKillop.

I also doubt that we use our first pick at a position we are ok (not great)
        DJ and Larsen will get the job done inside.
        like I've said before, Larsen was a patch job, he is NOT an NFL LB. If it's not a FA or draft choice it'll probably be Winborn next to DJ

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          If you think that Rey is a bad pick then you never saw the guy play. He is a better player coming out then Willis was. He will be the best MLB in the league by his third season
          As long as he gets better at making his reads and not overruning his assignments, he will be very good.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
            ...and you would be wrong.
            who are you to say that??? can you see into the future lol ur an idiot. I hate when people automatically count a player out because the so called experts have him ranked higher. you would think by lookin at our last year draft that you would think differently

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              who are you to say that??? can you see into the future lol ur an idiot. I hate when people automatically count a player out because the so called experts have him ranked higher. you would think by lookin at our last year draft that you would think differently
              Lauranitis cannot take any blocks below the waist and is not aggressive enough for the 34. He would be ideal in a 43 tampa 2. If you were insinuating that Lauranitis would be a better ILB in the 34 than Maualuga then Mindfield was right.

Comment

There are a few players that if given a year could make fine SILBs:

Zack Follett
                Mortty Ivy
                Lee Robinson

I would take any one of these guys over spending a first round pick on Rey or James.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Maualuga brings the fire and energy this D needs

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                    Two words sum up Laurinitis for me, over rated.

Not to mention he plays for the Ohio State Suckeyes.

Have a good day.
                    Probably a bum like that other bust from Ohio State named Randy Gradishar.
                    Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosNL View Post
                      Maualuga brings the fire and energy this D needs
                      We all saw how well Webster and Winborn's 'fire and energy' improved the defense last year:doh:

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                        We all saw how well Webster and Winborn's 'fire and energy' improved the defense last year:doh:

?

Are you saying Rey is same caliber player as Webster and Winborn ?

Comment

Rey and JL are good linebackers. No doubt about it. Where it gets dicey is when you try to decide to spend your first round #12 pick on somebody. Do you want good, or do you want a difference maker.

Rey could overcome his shortcomings (over pursuit, wrong reads) and bring fire and brimstone to the Bronco D.

But I agree with the thread-poster's second paragraph: DRAFT CUSHING. IMO, the package is more complete. Consistently great instincts and consistently smart play will inspire a defense more than an occasional pile drive.

Comment

Rey will be awesome for us. JL is not a better prospect.
                            sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
                              Probably a bum like that other bust from Ohio State named Randy Gradishar.
                              What are you insinuating, that because Laurinitis and Gradishar both played for the suckeyes that they'll share similar careers?....:nono:
                              Last edited by Chidoze; 02-13-2009, 04:59 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                                u kidding lauranitis would be a horrible pick if we switch to the 3-4. one of his biggest weaknesses is shedding blocks...he'd be a wasted pick

I would love to have either curry or maualuga
                                I agree 1000000% Lau would be a nice 2nd round pick but id take Rey over him no questions asked
                                Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Working...
                                X