Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Hey, that trade is unrealistic!!!

I like Mike Wright as a 3-4 DE, I really like Sean Jones as a complete Safety, and I think Justin Miller as a KR/PR could be ok, but he can't really do anything else, and that soaks up a roster slot. Sanders and Peterson are meh, but I can see their usefulness.

As for the actual mock draft, I think its pretty good, it makes sense. I do, however, believe Micheal Hamlin will be gone by the Early-3rd, I think Mike Thomas will go in the Late 3rd-Early 4th, and I think Dorell Scott is a 6th Rounder.

I do like the English, Brown, and McKillip picks though, even if I disagree that RB and ILB are need areas for the first 4 rounds. Those are good, solid prospects.

This is a pretty well thought out offseason mock.

see Justin miller would be our 5th Cb depth plus kick returns, i just misplaced him on the depth chart, sanders is a upgrade at SS for us, and peterson is valuable for his versatility

as for hamlin you know I have preached him for ever, and in our predictions thread i have him as the 4th best safety, and second rd pick, however he is 3rd value pre combine, if he drops his 40 time down to a 4.45 he will be a seocnd rd lock especially if he weighs in over 210. if he runs a 4.51 and isnt over 210 yet he will be a 3rd rd pick.

As for mike thomas its the same thing i have hyped him for some time now, if he runs a 4.3 something at 195 Lbs he will be a 3rd rd lock, if he runs a 4.4 something at 195 he might be a late 4th-early 5th rd pick....

Since this is pre-combine i am just getting my ducks in a row for my post pro day mock, and any needed changes will be made.....

As for donald brown i think we could pass in favor of a guy like robert ayers, or paul kruger, but i want to see what brown does because he could go in the first 2 picks of the second rd....like i said though this is pre combine:salute!:

thanks for the comments

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
      my point was that we would be in a versatile hybrid scheme, so it wouldnt matter for the safties as they have shown the ability to do good things....

some safties actually can only play ceratin spots in certain schemes, with jones and sanders this isnt the case
      I agree with you that they are both talented safties and that some safties only fit in certain schemes but those are coverage schemes such as cover 2, cloud, robber etc. they are not dependent on the front seven so saying they can play in a hybrid, 3-4, 4-3 whatever isn't really indicative of the secondary play. Saying the safties can play in various coverage formations or in the box, single safety deep, etc etc would be more accurate.

Sorry if I am seeming nitpicky its just I have seen several posters now mentioning safties fitting or not fitting in a 3-4 when really it has nothing to do with it.

This should be the last I'll say on the subject and again I applaud the effort you put into your mock offseason.
      Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Comment

Love the FA signings, the draft has some good picks, but some questionable ones as well!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          Love the FA signings, the draft has some good picks, but some questionable ones as well!

Like???? i got plenty of info on all of them......

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            arguing with your boss can get you fired .................

i guess its good im sleeping with the boss then.....j/k

Comment

Hey inc., your sig says backing Larry English or Tyson Jackson to be our 12th RD pick. Is it 12th pick or 1st Rd pick? Just noticed it, and figured you might want to know.
              sigpic
              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                5. CB Justin Miller- Gives us good depth to finalize our CB core, wont cost much, and his return skills bolster our special teams ability.:
                He signed yesterday.
                and i like denver getting there rush LB in FA

i'd give it 8/10 though if raji isnt there andwe already have our OLB trade down and maybe Rey will be
                Don't Draft Bradford...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderhater_07 View Post
                  He signed yesterday.
                  and i like denver getting there rush LB in FA

i'd give it 8/10 though if raji isnt there andwe already have our OLB trade down and maybe Rey will be

yeah i saw that miller signed, just trying to keep things realistic.....my next mock will be up after pro days in march, then i will do one 1 week before the draft in april....

FYI outside of peppers or suggs i dont like any rush Lb's in FA and they may be out of our price range

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                    Hey inc., your sig says backing Larry English or Tyson Jackson to be our 12th RD pick. Is it 12th pick or 1st Rd pick? Just noticed it, and figured you might want to know.
                    you didnt know the draft had 12 rds....lol

my error fixed it though

Comment

Working...
                    X