X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Hey inc., your sig says backing Larry English or Tyson Jackson to be our 12th RD pick. Is it 12th pick or 1st Rd pick? Just noticed it, and figured you might want to know.
    you didnt know the draft had 12 rds....lol

my error fixed it though

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiderhater_07 View Post
    He signed yesterday.
    and i like denver getting there rush LB in FA

i'd give it 8/10 though if raji isnt there andwe already have our OLB trade down and maybe Rey will be

yeah i saw that miller signed, just trying to keep things realistic.....my next mock will be up after pro days in march, then i will do one 1 week before the draft in april....

FYI outside of peppers or suggs i dont like any rush Lb's in FA and they may be out of our price range

Leave a comment:

• Raiderhater_07
    replied
    Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
    5. CB Justin Miller- Gives us good depth to finalize our CB core, wont cost much, and his return skills bolster our special teams ability.:
    He signed yesterday.
    and i like denver getting there rush LB in FA

i'd give it 8/10 though if raji isnt there andwe already have our OLB trade down and maybe Rey will be

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Hey inc., your sig says backing Larry English or Tyson Jackson to be our 12th RD pick. Is it 12th pick or 1st Rd pick? Just noticed it, and figured you might want to know.

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    arguing with your boss can get you fired .................

i guess its good im sleeping with the boss then.....j/k

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Love the FA signings, the draft has some good picks, but some questionable ones as well!

Like???? i got plenty of info on all of them......

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Love the FA signings, the draft has some good picks, but some questionable ones as well!

Leave a comment:

• boxcar
    replied
    my point was that we would be in a versatile hybrid scheme, so it wouldnt matter for the safties as they have shown the ability to do good things....

some safties actually can only play ceratin spots in certain schemes, with jones and sanders this isnt the case
    I agree with you that they are both talented safties and that some safties only fit in certain schemes but those are coverage schemes such as cover 2, cloud, robber etc. they are not dependent on the front seven so saying they can play in a hybrid, 3-4, 4-3 whatever isn't really indicative of the secondary play. Saying the safties can play in various coverage formations or in the box, single safety deep, etc etc would be more accurate.

Sorry if I am seeming nitpicky its just I have seen several posters now mentioning safties fitting or not fitting in a 3-4 when really it has nothing to do with it.

This should be the last I'll say on the subject and again I applaud the effort you put into your mock offseason.

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Hey, that trade is unrealistic!!!

I like Mike Wright as a 3-4 DE, I really like Sean Jones as a complete Safety, and I think Justin Miller as a KR/PR could be ok, but he can't really do anything else, and that soaks up a roster slot. Sanders and Peterson are meh, but I can see their usefulness.

As for the actual mock draft, I think its pretty good, it makes sense. I do, however, believe Micheal Hamlin will be gone by the Early-3rd, I think Mike Thomas will go in the Late 3rd-Early 4th, and I think Dorell Scott is a 6th Rounder.

I do like the English, Brown, and McKillip picks though, even if I disagree that RB and ILB are need areas for the first 4 rounds. Those are good, solid prospects.

This is a pretty well thought out offseason mock.

see Justin miller would be our 5th Cb depth plus kick returns, i just misplaced him on the depth chart, sanders is a upgrade at SS for us, and peterson is valuable for his versatility

as for hamlin you know I have preached him for ever, and in our predictions thread i have him as the 4th best safety, and second rd pick, however he is 3rd value pre combine, if he drops his 40 time down to a 4.45 he will be a seocnd rd lock especially if he weighs in over 210. if he runs a 4.51 and isnt over 210 yet he will be a 3rd rd pick.

As for mike thomas its the same thing i have hyped him for some time now, if he runs a 4.3 something at 195 Lbs he will be a 3rd rd lock, if he runs a 4.4 something at 195 he might be a late 4th-early 5th rd pick....

Since this is pre-combine i am just getting my ducks in a row for my post pro day mock, and any needed changes will be made.....

As for donald brown i think we could pass in favor of a guy like robert ayers, or paul kruger, but i want to see what brown does because he could go in the first 2 picks of the second rd....like i said though this is pre combine:salute!:

thanks for the comments

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    IM bored, i just argued with my boss, and i feel like being lazy....So here is a new mock....Some new things to boggle your mind.....lol

this will be my Pre combine mock, I will follow it up with a Post Pro Day mock in march, and a final mock in April 1 week before draft day.....

Free Agency-

1. FS Sean Jones- I have been a advocate of him for some time and i feel he has the skills to do well in the 3-4/4-3 hybrid so his versatility is a must for this Mock.

2. DE Kenny Peterson- He did good things last year at DT for us and he Projects well as a power 3-4 DE for a hybird look. good versatility for this mock can play UT, and power DE if needed. He also wwas the best looking player when he was in the 3-4 at DE. he did well. so i feel he can excel there when we run it....

3. SS James Sanders- A big improvement over Marquand, he plays the run well, and does well in the box. His versatility is good for the 4-3 or 3-4 looks.

4. DE Mike wright- Pull him from new england he give us a solid guy at 3-4 LDE and he also can be an effective 4-3 LDE......give us the depth and talent to fill the spots....

5. CB Justin Miller- Gives us good depth to finalize our CB core, wont cost much, and his return skills bolster our special teams ability.

Draft-

We trade our 12th pick to the New york Jets for their 17th and 3rd rd picks
    Now the reason they do this is because rex ryan needs a franchise QB stafford and sanchez fit the bill. However the vikings and tampa bay also need Qb's, and there are rumors washington may take 1 as well to push campbell. trading down 5 spots is very realistic as we traded up to get cutler in 2006. Neither Qb is at cutlers level, but when you have a dire need like QB you need to fill it. the jets are contenders with a Qb, it was favre that was the main reason they didnt make the playoffs last year. they dont have much work so giving up a 1st and 3rd to get a franchise Qb is usually a wise move for a new era.....

Also please dont tell me this unrealistic as 5 first rd trades were made last year. I also believe that Detroit will pass on stafford and hope he falls or sanchez does. If not stanton is a former 2nd rd pick and kitna is servicable. Schwartz saw that a servicable Qb with a great defense can get you to the playoffs. I do not see qb at pick 1 for detroit anymore. Especially since they seem so high on drafting defense ASAP.....

So we end up with a draft like this:

1. DE/OLB larry english- He will be a beast pass rusher and has the skills to cover TE's well,he also is a great edge blitzer. I also feel he could do a good job of playing Sam LB in the 4-3 look, so he gives us good versatility for both schemes.

2. RB Donald Brown- the guy is a perfect fit for the ZBS, he is very shifty and powerful, has game changing evasive manuevers, has great hands, and has unbelievable vision. He can and would be the franchise back we need. Pair him with torain, and hillis from the FB spot and we will be lethal next year.

3. DT Dorell scott- His versatility is key here. He can play NT in the 4-3 and play NT in the 3-4. He gives us flexiblity at both spots as well as added talent to a DL for both schemes. he also has the height and size to be effective at power DE. he had a off senior year, but all of clemson did, and clemosn Dl have a good track record

3. Michael Hamlin- He is a great tackler, does well in space, takes good angles and is very productive, some question his physicality, but he has averaged 90 tackles the past 2 years, as well as 5 INts, so he does both assets of the safety position well. he has good instincts and has the frame to add 15 lbs. he would be great depth behind James sanders while we groom him.

4. ILB Scott Mckillop- probally has the best insticts of any ILB in the draft, very fundementally sound. His combine results wont wow anyone, but he can shed, cover, tackle!!! and blitz quite well. He gives us good versatility and depth for the 3-4 at ILB behind DJ, and spencer larsen, and he gives us a Back-up to DJ at Mike in the 4-3 looks.

5. WR Mike Thomas- The guy runs great routes, has great hands, and has deceptively deep spped. he would be valuable Slot type reciver to groom behind stokley.

5. DE/OLB Orion Martin- A highly versatile pass rusher for the 3-4 he would complete the Pass rush LB spot. He also has the ability to play Sam in the 4-3as he does posses, good speed, and edge blitzing ability.

6. DE Jeremy Navarre- A perfetc fit for weak end in the 3-4 he can also play power end for the 4-3. his bread and butter is stopping the run, so he is a good depth and project pcik for both schemes.

7. C/G Dallas Reynolds- Sadly, he will probally be a mid rd pick come draft day. He has 7th rd value right now, but he is super underated, key cog for a very good BYU offense, he is nasty and powerful, and loves to mix it up. Needs work in the passing game, but man he looks good at run blocking....

7. WLB Braxton kelly- at 230 lbs he would have little effect in the 3-4, and would probally be last on the depth chart, however in the 4-3 he could back up woodyard at WLB

3-4 Depth chart

Donald brown Starts At RB
    Dallas Reynolds Backs up weigman or the guards
    Mike thomas backs up stokley in the slot

LDE- Kenny Peterson/Mike Wright
    NT- Carlton Powell/Dorell Scott
    RDE- Marcus Thomas/Jeremy Navarre

DE/OLB- Tim Crowder/Larry English/Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss/Orion Martin
    ILB- DJ williams/ Spencer Larsen/Scott Mckillop/Jamie Winborn/Wesley woodyard/Braxton Kelly
    SS- James Sanders/Michael Hamlin
    FS- Sean Jones/Josh Barrett
    CB- Champ Bailey/Dre Bly/Justin Miller/Josh Bell/Jack williams

4-3 Depth chart

LDE- Mike wright/Navarre/Tim Crowder
    NT- Carlton Powell/Dorell Scott
    UT- Marcus Thomas/Kenny Peterson
    RDE- Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss
    WLB- Wesely Woodyard/Braxton Kelly
    SLB- Larry english/Jamie winborn/Orion martin
    MLB- DJ williams/Scott Mckillop/Spencer Larsen
    FS- Sean Jones/Josh Barrett
    SS- James Sanders/Michael Hamlin
    CB- Champ Bailey/Dre Bly/Justin Miller/Josh bell/Jack williams

Now think about it, we dont break the bank, we dont jepoardize a total defense loss. we improve agains the run in both schemes, and we keep offenses honest by switching looks. we also improve the pass rush in both schemes, as we now have a good ability to blitz outside in the 4-3 with our Sam LB and hide where he is coming from. we also have the best rush Lb in the draft not named everette brown for the 3-4 looks. I also really think a powell/dorrell scott NT combination for the 3-4 could work, while we focus next year on our monster NT. FYI i dont think raji or brace is likely for us at where we pick......in the 1st or second rds.....

Overall we help our run issues, get versatile players, and get a upgraded pass rush.

Now we wont be a top defense but we will be better than last year, and have more talent all around the ball on offense and defense. we also will be able to really focus on switching to the 3-4 next year if we want, because there are far better, and much more NT, and 3-4 DE prospects to choose from...this keeps us from sacrificing everything while gradually leaning to the 3-4. it also lets us see what we have in crowder, moss, dumervil and thomas, while not relying soley on them for success....

Just my 2 cents hope you enjoy....:salute!:
    Like the free agency additions, the draft is not so sound, IMHO of course. Other then that it is alright, but nothing to be excited about.

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
    NO WAY!!!!!

We will NOT take WR and a RB... And No Safties? English is and should be a second Rd pick... We will take Curry,Orakpo,or Rey with #1 and #2 should be Brace if he is gone, you take a S... NO to WR and no to RB...You can find them anywhere...

okay pat bowlen calm down, Michael hamlin is a safety, english is already a top 25 pick pre combine, and brace will be be long gonbe before we pick in the second rd

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by boxcar View Post
    Interesting mock. Like the English pick. But safety play does not depend on your front, whether its a 3-4 or 4-3. So I don't get what you are trying to say when you imply that the FA safties can play in a 3-4 or 4-3.
    my point was that we would be in a versatile hybrid scheme, so it wouldnt matter for the safties as they have shown the ability to do good things....

some safties actually can only play ceratin spots in certain schemes, with jones and sanders this isnt the case

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Please not Donald Brown. I think he will struggle in the NFL because when he cuts back, his speed slows down a lot. If you look at the great RBs in the league, they make their cuts while keeping their momentum.

As a solution, draft Shonn Greene

this is donald browns anaylsis from pre combine info from NFL
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...e-tab-analysis

FYI everything it says is about him being fast and decptively quick in an out of breaks.....I understand you liek shonn greene and thats fine, but at least know what your talking about when you diss a player....j/k

Analysis
    Positives: Compact build. Runs with a low center of gravity. Good speed to and through the hole. Best attributes might be his vision and stop-and-start ability. Shifty runner who can slide in and out of the hole at the point of attack and hit the seam before it really opens. Deceptively fast once he gets to the second level. Good balance to appear to lean one way to deceive the oncoming safety, only to bounce the other. At least adequate straight-line speed to gain yardage in chunks. Soft hands out of the backfield and an alert receiver. High effort player.

Negatives: A bit narrow in his shoulders and might lack the frame to add much weight. Might lack the bulk and leg drive to be a true bell-cow runner at the NFL level. Lacks elite speed to breakaway from NFL defenders. Marginal size and strength as a pass blocker. Struggles of past Connecticut backs to translate their collegiate success to the NFL will force some teams to pause on draft day, especially considering the role left tackle William Beatty -- himself a first-day prospect -- had on Brown's success.

Leave a comment:

• broncsandredsox
    replied
    I like it but I am wondering if Brown has a lot of wear and tear on him already. If so then he would not last as long but other than that I like, especially the Orion Martin pick.

Leave a comment:

• boxcar
    replied
    Interesting mock. Like the English pick. But safety play does not depend on your front, whether its a 3-4 or 4-3. So I don't get what you are trying to say when you imply that the FA safties can play in a 3-4 or 4-3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X