X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason 3.0

Splash Free Agents
    1. Sign RB Derrick Ward (NYG)
    Wind, and we need a RB who can get this running-game's breath back.
    2. Sign FS James Sanders (NE)
    Safety who proved his worth last season. Instantly upgrades secondary.
    3. Sign CB Jabari Greer (Buf)
    Solid CB, who would be a good nickel here, and compete for #2 spot also
    4. Sign SS Gerald Sensabaugh (Jax)
    Turned up his game when thrown into the starting lineup, can compete for starting spot
    5. Sign ILB Kevin Burnett (Dal)
    We need an experienced and young ILB and he could be good for us

Others
    1. Sign DE Mike Wright (NE)
    Solid 3-4 DE/NT, good character, versatile, depth at the least.
    2. Sign DE C.J Mosley (NYJ)
    Very solid 3-4 rotational DE

Re-sign
    1. Michael Pittman RB.
    Depth, another endzone weapon, solid blocker, great hands out the backfield.
    2. Kenny Peterson DT/NT.
    Experience at NT, worth re-signing for plays when we might go 4-3.
    3. Patrick Ramsey QB.
    Just a backup QB, not too important.

Trade
    1. Dumervil and Crowder for a 3rd. Possible areas (Cin,Chi).
    Experiments in a 3- 4 defense. Doom is a good pass rusher in the 4-3, Crowder can help solidify the 3rd round pick.

Draft
    1. Brian Cushing LB (USC).
    Played multiple positions in the 3-4, a SAM in the 4-3, versatile and talented, what we need
    2. Paul Kruger DE (Utah)
    Great motor, uses his hands and his speed well
    3a. Jairus Byrd CB (Ore)
    Ball-hawk corner, 17 career ints with another year left
    3b. Jarron Gilbert DE (SJ St.)
    Physical tools are amazing but more amazing is how he uses them
    4. Sammie Lee Hill NT (Mich)
    Big NT with good run-stopping ability
    5a. Lawrence Sidbury DE (Richmond)
    [B]Long arms (35 inches), not too great off the snap
    5b. Brennan Marion WR (Tulsa)
    Depth, but could be important in a year or two
    6a. Graham Gano K (FSU)
    I thought Prater was "The Guy" but he couldnt hit from 40-49, Gano can.
    6b. Darele McBath FS (Texas Tech)
    Depth, ball-hawk, played in the pass dominant Big 12.
    7. Dallas Reynolds (BYU)
    Depth, blocked for one of the best offensive units in the nation, can play 4 different positions on the line

UDFA
    1. Mike Rivera LB. 93 tackles, eight TFL, two sacks, four passes broken up and four forced fumbles as a senior. Special Teams?

Regular Season Depth Chart
    LT: Clady/Polumbus
    LG: Hamilton/McChesney
    C: Wiegmann/Reynolds
    RG: Kuper/Lichtensteiger
    RT: Harris/Pears
    QB: Cutler/Ramsey
    RB: Ward/Torain/Pittman
    FB: Hillis/Collins
    TE: Sheffler/Graham
    WR: Marshall/Royal/Stokely/Marion/Jackson

3-4
    LE: Wright/Thomas
    NT: Peterson/Hill
    RE: Gilbert/Mosley

ROLB: Woodyard/Bailey/Haggan
    RILB: Burnett/Larsen
    LILB: Williams/Rivera
    LOLB: Cushing/Moss

4-3
    LE: Sidbury/Moss
    DTeterson/Gilbert
    DT:Thomas
    RE: Kruger

LOLB: Bailey/Cushing
    MLB: Williams/Larsen
    ROLB: Woodyard/Haggan

SS: Sensabaugh/Barret
    FS: Sanders/McBath

CB: Bailey/Byrd/Greer/Bell/Williams

K: Gano
    P: Kern

LS: Leach

I tried to get all our needs but did it in an original way. This draft, I believe does make our D better, but one more draft and we will be right where we need to IMO. I modeled the positions of the players on defense off of the Steelers and the Ravens defense, #1 and #2 in the league. Also, I do think that everything above is possible for us. Feedback, and suggestions are requested, unless its something ignorant.

Thanks,
    ER2
    Last edited by #13Yung Kartoon; 02-19-2009, 08:18 AM.
    2010 Draft
    1st Round- ILB: Rolando McClain (Alabama)
    2nd Round- DE: Allen Bailey (Miami)
    3rd Round- C: Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State)
    4th Round- CB: Walter Thurmond (Oregon)
    6th Round- KR/PR: Brandon Banks (KSU)
    7th Round- RB: Stafon Johnson (USC)

FA Signings-
    NT: Casey Hampton
    OG: Logan Mankins

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Originally posted by #13Yung Kartoon View Post
    Free Agency
    1. Sign FS James Sanders (NE)
    2. Sign DE Mike Montgomery (GB)
    3. Sign OLB Julius Peppers (Car)
    4. Sign CB Jabari Greer (Buf)
    5. Sign QB Jeff Garcia (TB)

Trade
    1.Bly and a 4th for a 3rd. Possible areas (NO, Min)
    2.Dumervil and Crowder for a 3rd. Possible areas (Cin,Chi)

Draft
    1. Ray Mauluga ILB (USC)
    2. Ron Brace NT (BC)
    3a. Jairus Byrd CB (Ore)
    3b. Rashad Jennings RB (Liberty)
    3c. Brandon Williams DE (Texas Tech)
    5a. Graham Gano(FSU)
    5b. Marko Mitchell WR (Nev)
    6a. Brandon Underwood FS (Cin)
    6b. Javorskie Lane FB (Texas A&M)
    7. Dallas Reynolds C (BYU)
    (Reached Maximum Of 10 Picks)
    It's not a bad mock. But I'm just going to give my thoughts on it.

I'll start with FA:
    James Sanders might be a real possibility here in Denver. I'm not completely sold on the guy. I'd much rather have Sean Jones. Jones would give us an experienced, and proven presence at safety. He is a great, consistent player, even though he's been surrounded by a basically terrible team.

I wouldn't be upset with a guy like Montgomery but I'd prefer Mike Wright because if McDaniels were to go after him, we know we aren't only getting a solid player but a solid character as well.

I love the Jabari Greer choice, he would be a stellar nickle for us, and he could replace Bly very well if we were unable to restructure his contract and Bly's released or traded.

If J-Gar came here cheap I would be all for it, but I doubt he would when teams like Minnesota, and even Chicago would all offer him better chances to start than us. Another option would be JP Losman, he's a guy who hasn't lived up to his potential, but his main problem being holding on to the ball might just be masked behind our eternal blocking OL.

I'd much rather spread the wealth than pidgeonhole ourselves with Julius Peppers. He might thrive in a 3-4, he might not. It's not a 50m+ risk I want to take personally. I'd rather get more depth, and get a guy like Angelo Crowell (SLB in a 4-3 and ILB in a 3-4) or throw money at a leader like Dansby.

Now on to the draft:
    -With your FA additions, Maualuga makes sense. No problem here with that pick as long as ILB wasn't addressed in FA. If FA addressed ILB, I'd love to see Orakpo here to play our Terrell Suggs role. I'm more sold on Orakpo being a 3-down DE in a 4-3 as well as a great OLB in a 3-4 than Brown at this point with Brown's recent discovery of lack of weight.
    -I would rather get a guy like Michael Hamlin in the 3rd to add to our safety depth, and then guy a guy like Dominique Johnson later to try and develop as a young CB that Byrd.
    -When I watch Marko Mitchell, I instantly have Darius Watts flashbacks. He has great height, and pretty good speed, but he has horrible body control and inconsistent hands, sounds far too familiar. I'd love a guy like Brandon Tate in the 5th, coming off an injury only gives a guy something to prove, and he's got all the tools to be a great WR to put in our 5 WR sets we will be sure to be running.
    -I would also like to see one of those picks on a center to groom for a year. I'm not sold on Lichtensteiger, doesn't seem like he's going to be the answer. I'd love to see a smart, tough guy like AQ Shipley here in Denver. He's got the ability to play in the ZBS.
    -Javorski Lane would be a waste of a pick. He's just a fat boy that can't play RB so they threw him at RB. Jamarko Simmons (WR) wouldn't be bad in the 7th, he's got a lot of untapped potential, and in the 7th, that's basically all your looking for.

I like what you did here though. Nice job man. You addressed our needs for the most part. Can't complain with that, just gave you a little insight into what I think. Props man.
    sigpic

Comment

Why is everybody forgetting about S Oshiomogho is a free agent. This guy is a ballhawk and would be the best FA Safety this offseason/

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        Why is everybody forgetting about S Oshiomogho is a free agent. This guy is a ballhawk and would be the best FA Safety this offseason/
        because he is likely to get franchised, and if he does hit the market he will be one of the most sought after players.

dont get me wrong, i think he would be a great addition, but im not getting my hopes up

Comment

We all know he's a FA. And about 80% of the people here (including me) would have him as our first choice in FA, but Bartell is going to get a new contract and Atogwe's gonna get the tag. At least if the Rams are smart they will do that. Hopefully something happens and I can order myself a Broncos Atogwe jersey though, but like the dude before me, I'm not gettin my hopes up at this point.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
            It's not a bad mock. But I'm just going to give my thoughts on it.

I'll start with FA:
            James Sanders might be a real possibility here in Denver. I'm not completely sold on the guy. I'd much rather have Sean Jones. Jones would give us an experienced, and proven presence at safety. He is a great, consistent player, even though he's been surrounded by a basically terrible team. I agree with you but I picked Sanders based off the fact that he is a real possibility like you said, and he is better than what we have.

I wouldn't be upset with a guy like Montgomery but I'd prefer Mike Wright because if McDaniels were to go after him, we know we aren't only getting a solid player but a solid character as well. Understandable

I love the Jabari Greer choice, he would be a stellar nickle for us, and he could replace Bly very well if we were unable to restructure his contract and Bly's released or traded. Absolutely

If J-Gar came here cheap I would be all for it, but I doubt he would when teams like Minnesota, and even Chicago would all offer him better chances to start than us. Another option would be JP Losman, he's a guy who hasn't lived up to his potential, but his main problem being holding on to the ball might just be masked behind our eternal blocking OL. J.Garcia would offer experience, a guy on the sideline to advise Jay on not making stupid throws, or to come in and show Jay what to do if we have to McNabb Jay for one game. JP Losman, I just never like watching him play but with our line, you could be right.

I'd much rather spread the wealth than pidgeonhole ourselves with Julius Peppers. He might thrive in a 3-4, he might not. It's not a 50m+ risk I want to take personally. I'd rather get more depth, and get a guy like Angelo Crowell (SLB in a 4-3 and ILB in a 3-4) or throw money at a leader like Dansby. Good point, in a way it's kind of like Doom, Crowder, and Moss, they may they may not, but I think great teams take risks, and if this risk worked out for us it would make us a great team with all the other peaces to the puzzle.

Now on to the draft:
            -With your FA additions, Maualuga makes sense. No problem here with that pick as long as ILB wasn't addressed in FA. If FA addressed ILB, I'd love to see Orakpo here to play our Terrell Suggs role. I'm more sold on Orakpo being a 3-down DE in a 4-3 as well as a great OLB in a 3-4 than Brown at this point with Brown's recent discovery of lack of weight. Good point, I wouldn't argue if he was drafted.
            -I would rather get a guy like Michael Hamlin in the 3rd to add to our safety depth, and then guy a guy like Dominique Johnson later to try and develop as a young CB that Byrd. I see what you're saying, on that note I might have to update my mock again, I would love to see Barrett, Manuel, and Hamlin battle for the starting spot in the preseason, I wonder if there are any better safeties than Hamlin available with that pick.
            -When I watch Marko Mitchell, I instantly have Darius Watts flashbacks. He has great height, and pretty good speed, but he has horrible body control and inconsistent hands, sounds far too familiar. I'd love a guy like Brandon Tate in the 5th, coming off an injury only gives a guy something to prove, and he's got all the tools to be a great WR to put in our 5 WR sets we will be sure to be running. Another good point, updating again :salute!:.
            -I would also like to see one of those picks on a center to groom for a year. I'm not sold on Lichtensteiger, doesn't seem like he's going to be the answer. I'd love to see a smart, tough guy like AQ Shipley here in Denver. He's got the ability to play in the ZBS. The thing is I think that a kicker is more needed than a center at this point, next year, we will definitely need a center though IMO.
            -Javorski Lane would be a waste of a pick. He's just a fat boy that can't play RB so they threw him at FB. Jamarko Simmons (WR) wouldn't be bad in the 7th, he's got a lot of untapped potential, and in the 7th, that's basically all your looking for. I'll look into that .

I like what you did here though. Nice job man. You addressed our needs for the most part. Can't complain with that, just gave you a little insight into what I think. Props man.
            Thanks for the feedback, alot of it was useful. :go:
            2010 Draft

FA Signings-

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Oshi is too undisciplined for me, he will make a great play one time then be completely out of position on the next(according to some Ram fans). We are going to have a young front seven I am guessing, would like the Safeties to be reliable.

I think Sean jones is the best FS on the market. We should be able to make sure we land him, even if we have to pay a little more like we did with TE Graham (a good signing still IMO).

No reason we can not land Jones and Sanders. The fact that they can both play FS or SS makes it an even more ideal way to kick off FA. I think we should go after Phillips early too and see what two sign.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

why do you guys want this overrated ******bag!

Sign OLB Julius Peppers

Overrated...
                -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                  why do you guys want this overrated ******bag!

Sign OLB Julius Peppers

Overrated...
                  Like alot of players he could be overrated, but if he pans out as a 3-4 OLB nobody will be complaining.
                  2010 Draft

FA Signings-

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, alot of it was useful. :go:
                    No prob man. Glad to see you actually took what I said into account bro. I like what you did overall. And as far as safeties in the 3rd. You're basically lookin' at Michael Hamlin (SS), Derrick Pegues (FS), William Moore (FS/SS) and Emmanuel Cook (SS) are basically the strongest ones there. Obviously, most would be surprised to be seeing Moore here, but I think it's a real possibility the guy lasts till the 3rd round. He has done nothing but disappoint since a promising junior season whether because of injuries, lack of coverage skills, or just flat-out not playing well and looking out of place at safety. He has tons of potential, but I think the first step for Moore to reestablish his stock would be to drop some weight, get back the speed he has seemingly lost, and rejuvenate himself as a safety, and not a SS/OLB tweener.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                      No prob man. Glad to see you actually took what I said into account bro. I like what you did overall. And as far as safeties in the 3rd. You're basically lookin' at Michael Hamlin (SS), Derrick Pegues (FS), William Moore (FS/SS) and Emmanuel Cook (SS) are basically the strongest ones there. Obviously, most would be surprised to be seeing Moore here, but I think it's a real possibility the guy lasts till the 3rd round. He has done nothing but disappoint since a promising junior season whether because of injuries, lack of coverage skills, or just flat-out not playing well and looking out of place at safety. He has tons of potential, but I think the first step for Moore to reestablish his stock would be to drop some weight, get back the speed he has seemingly lost, and rejuvenate himself as a safety, and not a SS/OLB tweener.
                      Its updated now so that in the 3rd we can get Jarron Gilbert who can start IMO, in the 5th i took your advice and picked up Tate, and in the 6th we get an overlooked safety from Texas Tech with McBath
                      2010 Draft

FA Signings-

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Free Agency
                        1. Sign FS James Sanders (NE)
                        2. Sign DE Mike Montgomery (GB)
                        3. Sign OLB Julius Peppers (Car)
                        4. Sign CB Jabari Greer (Buf)
                        5. Sign QB Jeff Garcia (TB)

Trade
                        1.Bly and a 4th for a 3rd. Possible areas (Min)
                        2.Dumervil and Crowder for a 3rd. Possible areas (Cin,Chi)

Draft
                        1. Ray Mauluga ILB (USC)
                        2. Ron Brace NT (BC)
                        3a. Jairus Byrd CB (Ore)
                        3b. Rashas Jennings RB (Liberty)
                        3c. Jarron Gilbert (San Jose)
                        5a. Graham Gano K (FSU)
                        5b. Brandon Tate WR (NC)
                        6a. Cecil Newton C (Tenn. St.)
                        6b. Darele McBath FS (Texas Tech)
                        7. Conredge Collins FB (Pitt)
                        (Reached Maximum Of 10 Picks)

Depth Chart
                        (After Preseason)
                        LT: Clady/Polumbus
                        LG: Hamilton/McChesney
                        C: Wiegmann/Newton
                        RG: Kuper/Lichtensteiger
                        RT: Harris/Pears
                        QB: Cutler/Garcia
                        RB: Torain/Jennings/Boyd
                        FB: Hillis/Collins
                        TE: Sheffler/Graham/Leach
                        WR: Marshall/Royal/Stokely/Tate/Jackson

LE: Montgomery/Ekuban
                        NT: Brace/Peterson
                        RE: King/Thomas

ROLB: Woodyard/Moss
                        RILB: Mauluga/Larsen
                        LILB: Williams/Winborn
                        LOLB: Peppers/Bailey

SS: Barrett/Manuel
                        FS: Sanders/McBath

CB: Bailey/Byrd/Greer/Bell/Williams

K: Gano
                        P: Kern

Is this really a rule now? I thought that was only on Madden.

Comment

Jeff Garcia is the only truly unrealistic option here. The guy still believes he is a quality starting QB, and will not go to a team to be a mentor. Im not exactly certain where he will end up, since Tavaris played well down the stretch in Minnesota, and Orton is generally well liked in Chicago. Maybe to NYJ, or SF.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                            Is this really a rule now? I thought that was only on Madden.
                            I had asked around because I thought I saw it on Madden myself and the people I asked said it really is a rule but either way we only have 10 picks
                            2010 Draft

FA Signings-

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                              Jeff Garcia is the only truly unrealistic option here. The guy still believes he is a quality starting QB, and will not go to a team to be a mentor. Im not exactly certain where he will end up, since Tavaris played well down the stretch in Minnesota, and Orton is generally well liked in Chicago. Maybe to NYJ, or SF.
                              Yeah, I don't know what the guy is thinking really but he is about 40, but if I was him after he career I had, I would want to finish it off by becoming a mentor for one of the premier young QB's in he league. But taking what you said into consideration, I think Charlie Batch would be a good mentor to Jay too.
                              Last edited by #13Yung Kartoon; 02-14-2009, 03:52 PM.
                              2010 Draft

FA Signings-

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Working...
                              X