X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mozzerpete
    replied
    We should draft BPA.
    Preferably Best Defensive Player Available.

If QB M. Stafford is available, do we draft him?

Hmm...maybe we should, then trade QB J. Cutler to
    SF for ILB P. Willis and a 2010 R1 pick.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    What does this have to do with anything?

Clady is a Bronco, and Moreno is a player available in THIS draft.

Tell me how that has anything to do with Mendenhall?
    He's just saying, last year we passed up on a RB and got an amazing player instead.

So the same thing could happen this year. Only on defense instead of at offensive tackle.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    back to your origional question... Where would we be without Cladey... Probably about 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Wait it is the same place we are. Clady is a solid block to build your offense around, and Mendanhal got hurt. So what...it is easy to call the draft 11 months after it happens. Moreno is a dynamic player, any team picking outside the top 10 will not regret taking him. Even us... why hate on picking him up? He improvs this team. It is a need position. And I would rather take a guy that is a top 10 prospect at 12. Then take a guy that is around 20 just cause he plays on the line or is a pass rusher. We reached on Moss and how did that work out. If Moreno is the best rated player when our slot comes up. I say take him cause this offense needs a back that can get things done

Leave a comment:

• Odendahl
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post

Thank you Mind Feild! :salute!:

I was trying to find a way to word this without saying the post is worthless.

But I guess I just did. Funny how a waste of a post works?

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronkster View Post
    For all of you Moreno/Wells pushers, consider this. Where would we be right now without Ryan Clady? What if we had drafted Mendenhall last year? Yeah, it was probably not a good idea. So, why would we draft a running back in the first round this year? It's not like our offense is the part of our team that needs the most help. The Broncos will draft a defensive playmaker in the first round, and at the end of next season people will be saying, "What if we had drafted Moreno last year? Where would we be right now without (first-round defensive player)?"

holla

Leave a comment:

• Cutler2007
    replied
    Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
    I didn't like Mendenhall, I was a Stewart guy, and if Clady was gone, Stewart would have been the pick

Jimmy Stewart is actually one of my all time favorite actors. Known mostly for "It's a Wonderful Life", I felt his best film was Harvey.

David Mendenhall was a B actor best known for his work on General Hospital and voice overs for Transformer cartoons.

Stewart was the obvious choice there.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    No one is saying that Clady wasn't the right pick, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't draft one this year. Its not like our last 7 running backs were anything to write home about...
    Yeah well Tim Hightower, Edgerrin James, Willie Parker, Mewelde Moore, and Najeh Davenport aren't anything to write home about either.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
    I didn't like Mendenhall, I was a Stewart guy, and if Clady was gone, Stewart would have been the pick
    Agreed, Stewart was my favorite player in the draft, with Chris Johnson a close second last year.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by Max Power View Post
    Moreno is not on the same planet as Adrian Peterson.
    This man speaks the truth.

That's like comparing Quentin Griffin to Terrell Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Max Power
    replied
    Moreno is not on the same planet as Adrian Peterson.

Leave a comment:

• no-pseudo-fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bronkster
    replied
    It will be easy. Maualuga or Raji.

Leave a comment:

• sendacash
    replied
    I think there is no doubt the #1 pick is on defense, just take maluagua and don't look back. should be easy.

Leave a comment:

• nbaballer913
    replied
    peterson is a great player because its rare to have players of his caliber. You cannot really say any prospect is like Peterson...yet.

Leave a comment:

• Bronkster
    replied
    Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    Apples and Oranges.

What if we were drafting Adrian Peterson? Moreno is considered a top ten pick just as AP was. Would you be against drafting that?

No one is saying that Clady wasn't the right pick, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't draft one this year. Its not like our last 7 running backs were anything to write home about...
    I would take Clady over Adrian Peterson. Who is projecting Moreno as a top-10 pick? Everywhere I have read has him top-20 and maybe top-15. I think you are the only person who is comparing Moreno to Adrian Peterson.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X