Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside the Box thinking...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Outside the Box thinking...

    How about this option,

    We go to a 3-4 defence but we draft Jenkins CB if he's still around, before you freak hear me out.

    Lots want Raji or Brace to be our NT but why use such a high pick for that position. Raji looked good at senior bowl but that was vs single team not double teams like the nfl will bring. I'm all for Gabe Watson but I think he will cost us a 3rd at the least and that's too high for me. NT is to get your biggest, strongest guy shove him in the middle and get him to go forward and occupy 2 blockers. Why not use a lower pick or picks to fill this spot? Why not take DT Clemons who is 6'6, 300lbs and get him on a heavy weight program to increase his power and shovel more food into him and bulk him up 20-30lbs. He has the frame to take the extra weight.

    Lots want Rey M. but I'm not sold on this guy and he might be a reach at 12. We have DJ and Larsen for starters which is pretty solid but lack depth. Yes Rey is probally an upgrade on Larsen but not by much in my eyes. Also if we used a 4th or 5th on DJ's little brother, I think with his brother helping and playing beside him he may become a better pro than Rey M.

    Champ is older but should be around for a couple more years so him passing on knowledge to Jenkins would make him even better. Bly hopefully is traded or released cause he's no longer starter quality and greatly overpriced. Bell might grow into a starter role but will never be as good a Jenkins, who I think will be a shutdown kinda CB. All of our other CB's are depth guys at best.

    If unhappy with our NT at end of year, go after Mount Cody in next years draft. Think he's 6'6 and 360, wow....

    So our starting D would look like this....

    DE-Peterson, Thomas
    NT-(rookie) Hill or (rookie) Dixon
    OLB-Moss, Dumervill
    ILB-Williams, Larsen
    CB-Bailey, (rookie) Jenkins
    S-Barrett, (rookie) Moore
    Last edited by BRONCO-BRIAN; 02-13-2009, 09:01 AM.
    2012 DRAFT

    1 DT Still
    2 LB Kendricks
    3 DT Ta'amu
    4 RB Turbin
    4 WR Streeter
    5 FS Hardin
    5 FB Rodriguez
    6 OG Wynn

    2012 Hindsight Draft

    2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
    2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
    3 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fla.)
    4 Alameda Ta´amu, DT, Washington
    4 Philip Blake, C, Baylor
    5 George Iloka, FS, Boise State
    6 Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

  • #2
    If we draft Jenkins we should use him or Champ as FS. And Sammie Lee Hill played as DE because he struggles against two blockers, so I don't think he is a solid choice as NT right now. William Moore will probably be a SS or even OLB in the NFL, and Barrett is a SS.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
      We go to a 3-4 defence but we draft Jenkins CB if he's still around, before you freak hear me out.
      When you need defensive help pretty much across the board and a top 5 prospect falls to you, you take him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        If we draft Jenkins we should use him or Champ as FS. And Sammie Lee Hill played as DE because he struggles against two blockers, so I don't think he is a solid choice as NT right now. William Moore will probably be a SS or even OLB in the NFL, and Barrett is a SS.
        Sammie is listed on Walter football as a DT and 330lbs, I've never heard of a 330lb DE. I would prefer Dixon if we only get one, he was graded as a third rd pick last year but didn't come out and got injured this year.

        Moore is able to play either spot but I also would like him at SS and I think Barrett was a FS at ASU. Either way I would love to have Moore in our uniform.

        If we put Jenkins or Champ at FS who is our other starting CB's going to be?
        2012 DRAFT

        1 DT Still
        2 LB Kendricks
        3 DT Ta'amu
        4 RB Turbin
        4 WR Streeter
        5 FS Hardin
        5 FB Rodriguez
        6 OG Wynn

        2012 Hindsight Draft

        2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
        2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
        3 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fla.)
        4 Alameda Ta´amu, DT, Washington
        4 Philip Blake, C, Baylor
        5 George Iloka, FS, Boise State
        6 Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
          How about this option,

          We go to a 3-4 defence but we draft Jenkins CB if he's still around, before you freak hear me out.

          Lots want Raji or Brace to be our NT but why use such a high pick for that position. Raji looked good at senior bowl but that was vs single team not double teams like the nfl will bring. I'm all for Gabe Watson but I think he will cost us a 3rd at the least and that's too high for me. NT is to get your biggest, strongest guy shove him in the middle and get him to go forward and occupy 2 blockers. Why not use a lower pick or picks to fill this spot? Why not take DT Clemons who is 6'6, 300lbs and get him on a heavy weight program to increase his power and shovel more food into him and bulk him up 20-30lbs. He has the frame to take the extra weight.

          Lots want Rey M. but I'm not sold on this guy and he might be a reach at 12. We have DJ and Larsen for starters which is pretty solid but lack depth. Yes Rey is probally an upgrade on Larsen but not by much in my eyes. Also if we used a 4th or 5th on DJ's little brother, I think with his brother helping and playing beside him he may become a better pro than Rey M.

          Champ is older but should be around for a couple more years so him passing on knowledge to Jenkins would make him even better. Bly hopefully is traded or released cause he's no longer starter quality and greatly overpriced. Bell might grow into a starter role but will never be as good a Jenkins, who I think will be a shutdown kinda CB. All of our other CB's are depth guys at best.

          If unhappy with our NT at end of year, go after Mount Cody in next years draft. Think he's 6'6 and 360, wow....

          So our starting D would look like this....

          DE-Peterson, Thomas
          NT-(rookie) Hill or (rookie) Dixon
          OLB-Moss, Dumervill
          ILB-Williams, Larsen
          CB-Bailey, (rookie) Jenkins
          S-Barrett, (rookie) Moore
          I don't see Denver drafting a defensive back in the first two rounds, maybe not even in the top four. Not unless they are incapable to nab a quality starter in free agency and many in the league think Denver will be the going hard after a 3-4 linebacker, likely interior and a safety. Would not be surprised if Denver actually was in the hunt for one of the 3-4 defensive ends. However, defensive line is a priority for Denver...I don't care who you have in the backfield if you can not put out a capable defensive line a defensive back won't mean chite!

          Who does Denver have that actually fits the 3-4 on the defensive line? Only two, Nic Clemons and Matthias Askew and neither of them are really worth a damn; yes...fans think Thomas and Powell will be fine in those positions, but fact is that Denver fans are retarted, though they are my fellow fans...lol. They get loyal to the point of stupidity over kids they like and more then likely that kid is not much more then fodder. BVP, Bell, Nash, O'Neil, Lelie...the list goes on and on. It is to be expected anymore, but that does not mean it will happen. Denver is in serious trouble on the defensive line and linebacker positions and they far outweight the defensive back issues...

          Denver is more likely to reach for Brace or Stintim with the 12th overall pick then take a DB, particularly a corner who 'may' transition to safety. Will not happen...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
            Sammie is listed on Walter football as a DT and 330lbs, I've never heard of a 330lb DE. I would prefer Dixon if we only get one, he was graded as a third rd pick last year but didn't come out and got injured this year.
            ive seen haloti ngata at DE at 345

            Comment


            • #7
              Ngata is a probowl DT, you may have seen him there for a couple plays but let's be serious. Name me 5 DE that are 310 or higher?
              2012 DRAFT

              1 DT Still
              2 LB Kendricks
              3 DT Ta'amu
              4 RB Turbin
              4 WR Streeter
              5 FS Hardin
              5 FB Rodriguez
              6 OG Wynn

              2012 Hindsight Draft

              2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
              2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
              3 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fla.)
              4 Alameda Ta´amu, DT, Washington
              4 Philip Blake, C, Baylor
              5 George Iloka, FS, Boise State
              6 Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
                Ngata is a probowl DT, you may have seen him there for a couple plays but let's be serious. Name me 5 DE that are 310 or higher?
                That is easy to do...lol. It is not about weight, it is height/weight ratio...there are numerous 6-5, 6-6 309lbs. defensive ends, but not many 6-3 310lbs. ends though and few would even look to try, the only okay defensive end in the 3-4 who is close is steroid boy from San Fuego...Castillas...lol. and he is 6-4, 302lbs.,

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lancane View Post
                  Denver is more likely to reach for Brace or Stintim with the 12th overall pick then take a DB, particularly a corner who 'may' transition to safety. Will not happen...
                  I liked your argument til the last paragraph.

                  For D-line I like Thomas and Peterson at DE, both have size and pass rush/run stopping abilities.
                  At LB I feel ok with what we have inside (DJ, Larsen, and rookie W.Williams for depth) but DJ and Rey M. would make us very strong in the middle.
                  OLB there is nobody worthy of the 12th pick and I'm putting alot of faith in Moss and Doom to suceed in positions they haven't done before and that worries me.

                  Jenkins is by far the best corner in this draft and who wants to make him into a safety?
                  2012 DRAFT

                  1 DT Still
                  2 LB Kendricks
                  3 DT Ta'amu
                  4 RB Turbin
                  4 WR Streeter
                  5 FS Hardin
                  5 FB Rodriguez
                  6 OG Wynn

                  2012 Hindsight Draft

                  2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
                  2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
                  3 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fla.)
                  4 Alameda Ta´amu, DT, Washington
                  4 Philip Blake, C, Baylor
                  5 George Iloka, FS, Boise State
                  6 Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lancane, who are all these 310 DE's you are talking about?
                    2012 DRAFT

                    1 DT Still
                    2 LB Kendricks
                    3 DT Ta'amu
                    4 RB Turbin
                    4 WR Streeter
                    5 FS Hardin
                    5 FB Rodriguez
                    6 OG Wynn

                    2012 Hindsight Draft

                    2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
                    2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
                    3 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fla.)
                    4 Alameda Ta´amu, DT, Washington
                    4 Philip Blake, C, Baylor
                    5 George Iloka, FS, Boise State
                    6 Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
                      I liked your argument til the last paragraph.

                      For D-line I like Thomas and Peterson at DE, both have size and pass rush/run stopping abilities.
                      At LB I feel ok with what we have inside (DJ, Larsen, and rookie W.Williams for depth) but DJ and Rey M. would make us very strong in the middle.
                      OLB there is nobody worthy of the 12th pick and I'm putting alot of faith in Moss and Doom to suceed in positions they haven't done before and that worries me.

                      Jenkins is by far the best corner in this draft and who wants to make him into a safety?
                      That is what gets me most, and behind Doom and Moss we have who? I think we are looking to run a 3-4 system very close to what SD does. If that is true, what king of defense did SD have without the explosive Merriman at OLB?

                      I do not think anyone should be counting on Moss and Doom to be anything more than backups at this point. We need to go draft two starters and if Moss can beat out a guy...great for us. If Doom can...great for us! You can not have too many pass rushers.

                      Now if they don't, then Doom walks next year, and Moss becomes at least decent depth.

                      R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
                        Lancane, who are all these 310 DE's you are talking about?
                        I would venture to guess that nearly every team with a 3-4 defense has at least 1 guy probably 2 of them that way roughly around that mark. Maybe not quite 310, but definitely 300.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
                          How about this option,

                          We go to a 3-4 defence but we draft Jenkins CB if he's still around, before you freak hear me out.

                          Lots want Raji or Brace to be our NT but why use such a high pick for that position. Raji looked good at senior bowl but that was vs single team not double teams like the nfl will bring.
                          Your Wrong Bj BUST Raji got man handled by Eric Wood in the Senior Bowl one on one.... Raji is a hype player not worth of our 12th pick he will get eaten alive in the NFL especially if he's double teamed he will not make any sort of impact on this team for atleast 3 years so no thanks as for Jenkins i would not have a problem with it if we move Champ to FS he can be our Ed Reed
                          Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            lancane is right

                            holati ngata is a DE for baltimore, the only reason he played DT was that kelly greg was hurt. when he came back ngata moved back to R-DE

                            while i'd be ok with the jenkins pick nothing else you said was remotely logical

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN View Post
                              Sammie is listed on Walter football as a DT and 330lbs, I've never heard of a 330lb DE.

                              If we put Jenkins or Champ at FS who is our other starting CB's going to be?
                              Check Hill's overview at the Combine page (NFL.com), it is written that his coaches tried to kept him away from double teams because he struggles with it, so he played as a DE. And with Jenkins at FS, our CBs would be Bly and Champ.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X