Mike Goodson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Goodson?

Mike Goodson is on mayock's top 5 running back list. I have never really heard of him before, but seeing his highlight videos he looks like he gets shot out of a cannon everytime he touches the ball. Any thoughts ideas about him?

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZei...eature=related

Goodson is a good looking RB but his production has drop each season since his freshman year. Also he has some character problem. He didnt see eye to eye with his head coach which is why he delcared for the draft. He might surprise if giving the chance.

Comment

I still like Tyrell Sutton as the most undervalued RB in this draft and a solid 5th round pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlfSbIwM_iI

What I love about him is that he does most his damage running inside with very good power, falling forward, unlike a player like Goodson who gets his outside or on draw plays.

Sutton also is a good KR/PR guy and could help out there. Great runner, receiver, and decent returner....complete package.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

RB T. Sutton looks like a footballer!

I love how physical he is but he does
        have some injury concerns (wrist/ankle)

If available in R5, draft him!

RB: P. Hillis, T. Sutton

Comment

I really liked to see the highlights of Mike Goodson, he looks faster than Knowshon Moreno and does not goes down after first contact. The only problem is his bulk, he looks more like a change of pace guy.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks like he's good at making the first defender miss the tackle, hard to bring down, good vision and knows how to use the field for some extra YAC, and he's fast.

Looks solid, but they dont call it a highlight reel for nothing.
            sigpic

Comment

Goodson and Sutton are both change of pace kind of guys, which is what I think we need. Hillis is a pounder and we need a home run threat. Goodson is underrated and Sutton will get overlooked because he is small. (Didn't hurt Sproles)

Bottom line: I would take one of these two and watch more of this :cutler: in the next few years.
              Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                I still like Tyrell Sutton as the most undervalued RB in this draft and a solid 5th round pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlfSbIwM_iI

What I love about him is that he does most his damage running inside with very good power, falling forward, unlike a player like Goodson who gets his outside or on draw plays.

Sutton also is a good KR/PR guy and could help out there. Great runner, receiver, and decent returner....complete package.
                I think I'm going to go with Jeremiah Johnson. To pair him with our current stable of RB's might be just what we need. He definetly could play the Kevin Faulk role in the McDaniels Offense. He's got great hands, speed, and is actually a pretty tough runner for his frame. He's also could be a very good KR for us. Just my opinion. I like Tyrell Sutton too, as long as he could stay healthy he would def. contribute.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
                  Goodson and Sutton are both change of pace kind of guys, which is what I think we need. Hillis is a pounder and we need a home run threat. Goodson is underrated and Sutton will get overlooked because he is small. (Didn't hurt Sproles)

Bottom line: I would take one of these two and watch more of this :cutler: in the next few years.
                  sutton looks like a bit more then just a change of pace back imo. i know its a highlight reel, but it looks like he has some power, nice open field speed and he breaks a hell of a lot of tackles. 205 isn't bad (right around where moreno and james davis are listed) and hes short at 5 '8. definatly would love to have him as our RB next season.
                  Last edited by broncos1997; 02-13-2009, 10:13 PM.
                  disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55 View Post
                    He didnt see eye to eye with his head coach which is why he delcared for the draft. He might surprise if giving the chance.
                    This is an understatement.

He had a rough run with coaches, first Franchione then Sherman. After Sherman benched former starting QB, Stephen McGee, most of the players didn't see eye to eye with him.

Goodson could be a quality NFL back if he splits carries, I don't think he's ready for a full workload but he could definitely be a great change of pace after Hillis. Another Texas A&M prospect i'd like to see in a Broncos uniform is safety Alton Dixon. He'll likely be a 7th rounder or free-agent addition but I can see NFL potential in him.

Comment

Working...
                    X