Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What players are we looking at in the wrong light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What players are we looking at in the wrong light?

Robert Ayers - LOLB

We see the size and think LDE...sure he is a DE; however, he was recruited as a 4 star LB, not DE. Interesting that NE, Balt, and SD were said to be showing intereest in him at the senior bowl.

Clint Sintim - ILB

He comes from Virginia, played LOLB in a 3-4...would seem like a natural fit at the NFL for him to play the same position. However, I have read that several 3-4 teams see him as a better fit as an ILB. Going back 14 years, there was an LOLB that went to Virginia and found a home as a LILB, in fact he just got some new bling...James Farrior.

Chris Baker - LDE

He is a little short for my taste at DE, but that is where he played at Hampton. Given he was recruited to Penn St. He has the pedigree, if you will, and is not just a small school player. In fact many say he was PSU best DT before he transfered. Seems like a good pick for those looking for a hybrid look.

Zack Follett - ILB

Another guy that was recruited as a MLB and made the move outside. I think at the NFL level, he moves back inside in a 3-4. Good blitzing skills and good hands. Inside he will be able to hide his lack of athleticism.

Anyone else you can think of?

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Paul Kruger LOLB Utah
    Predicted by most to be a DE, I think he can make the jump to OLB. A very good run stopper and good technique on the pass rush and also defended 9 passes last year as a DE!, take him if he falls to the mid-2nd round.
    Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

that interesting that those 3-4 teams were looking at him. i originally thought it would be great if we drafted him, but alot of people say that he will be a 4-3 DE only and can't possibly make the switch to OLB. hopefully their wrong.
      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
        that interesting that those 3-4 teams were looking at him. i originally thought it would be great if we drafted him, but alot of people say that he will be a 4-3 DE only and can't possibly make the switch to OLB. hopefully their wrong.
        I think they are wrong. I watched Utah 'Bama and everytime they ran to Kruger's side, he got off the block and at least chased the runner outside and often made the tackle. People say he isn't fast enough to play the 3-4, but he is projected to run the same 40 as Mr. Orakpo (maybe even faster).

Comment

Julius peppers hes not that good.
          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
            Julius peppers hes not that good.
            Who's talking about Peppers in this thread?????

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
              Paul Kruger LOLB Utah
              Predicted by most to be a DE, I think he can make the jump to OLB. A very good run stopper and good technique on the pass rush and also defended 9 passes last year as a DE!, take him if he falls to the mid-2nd round.
              I am a HUGE Utah fan and have watched Kruger play for a long time. He is surprisingly athletic for his size and I think he can convert to OLB in the 3-4. Interesting story on Kruger, he actually came to Utah as an All-American QB, but couldn't get any time with Johnson being there, so he converted to DE. Kind of a weird transition for him, but it seems to have worked out.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                I am a HUGE Utah fan and have watched Kruger play for a long time. He is surprisingly athletic for his size and I think he can convert to OLB in the 3-4. Interesting story on Kruger, he actually came to Utah as an All-American QB, but couldn't get any time with Johnson being there, so he converted to DE. Kind of a weird transition for him, but it seems to have worked out.
                That's an interesting story. I only saw him once but he is a play maker and he is one of my favorite prospects in the draft.

Comment

He was basically the BEST player on that defense this year. He was the anchor for all their schemes, he allowed them to do many things which eventually lead to the DOMINATION of Bama' in the Sugar Bowl.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                    Robert Ayers - LOLB

We see the size and think LDE...sure he is a DE; however, he was recruited as a 4 star LB, not DE. Interesting that NE, Balt, and SD were said to be showing intereest in him at the senior bowl.

Clint Sintim - ILB

He comes from Virginia, played LOLB in a 3-4...would seem like a natural fit at the NFL for him to play the same position. However, I have read that several 3-4 teams see him as a better fit as an ILB. Going back 14 years, there was an LOLB that went to Virginia and found a home as a LILB, in fact he just got some new bling...James Farrior.

Chris Baker - LDE

He is a little short for my taste at DE, but that is where he played at Hampton. Given he was recruited to Penn St. He has the pedigree, if you will, and is not just a small school player. In fact many say he was PSU best DT before he transfered. Seems like a good pick for those looking for a hybrid look.

Zack Follett - ILB

Another guy that was recruited as a MLB and made the move outside. I think at the NFL level, he moves back inside in a 3-4. Good blitzing skills and good hands. Inside he will be able to hide his lack of athleticism.

Anyone else you can think of?
                    Sintim is going to be star weather he plays inside or outside. I would be very happy to get him on the broncos.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have been high on Sintim for a while now. He saw his stock drop with his seeminly uneventful Senior Bowl and Cushing, English, and Matthews basically leap frogging him on draft boards. If he were there in the 2nd round, I would find it hard to pass on him. I do believe he could translate well to either OLB or ILB in a 3-4. He's an exceptional blitzer, he does shed blocks very well, and he's got ideal size. He's very similar to Larry English in that light, but played in a much tougher collegiate conference. If you were to tell me we would get (hypothetically) Brian Orakpo/Everette Brown and Clint Sintim in the first 2 rounds, I would be pretty excited.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X