Torrell Troup, Central Florida
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.24.
    Projected Round (2010): 5-6.

Trey Bryant, Baylor
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 315.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
    Projected Round (2010): 7-FA.

I know a lot of fans are high on Raji, but we will likely not have a shot at him. Brace is rising and we may miss out on him as well. Though I think Brace is far more likely to be a true 3-4 nose compared to Raji, the only others that could possibly fit that role in this draft:

Dorell Scott, Clemson
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 313.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.04.
    Projected Round (2009): 3.

Chris Baker, Hampton
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 310.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.03.
    Projected Round (2009): 3-4.

Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 330.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.23.
    Projected Round (2009): 4-5.

Myron Pryor, Kentucky
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 309.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
    Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

Antonio Dixon, Miami
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 328.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
    Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.

Of those mentioned beyond Raji and Brace, the two who look like worthy picks is Scott and Hill, Dixon may be worth a latter day pick for depth. All in all Denver could be in for a rough time getting a nose tackle. I think Denver would be better to trade for someone or sign a possibly capable plug in player for a season and draft one of the big time nose tackles next year, there is a bunch off that list I would not mind having in a Denver uniform.

Yeah, next year's NT class looks like it will be better on paper. I'm not even convinced Raji can play 3-4 NT at a high level. Every scouting report I've seen describes him as a one-gapper.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      Next year's possible nose draft class:

Terrence Cody, Alabama
      Height: 6-5. Weight: 365.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.50.
      Projected Round (2010): Top 20 Pick.

Jarvis Jenkins*, Clemson
      Height: 6-4. Weight: 318.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.11.
      Projected Round (2010): 1-2.

Boo Robinson, Wake Forest
      Height: 6-2. Weight: 326.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.22.
      Projected Round (2009): 1-2.

Dan Williams, Tennessee
      Height: 6-3. Weight: 311.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.20.

Ekom Udofia, Stanford
      Height: 6-2. Weight: 311.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.12.
      Projected Round (2009): 4.

Kellen Heard, Texas A&M
      Height: 6-6. Weight: 345.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.31.
      Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

Torrell Troup, Central Florida
      Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.24.
      Projected Round (2010): 5-6.

Trey Bryant, Baylor
      Height: 6-3. Weight: 315.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
      Projected Round (2010): 7-FA.

I know a lot of fans are high on Raji, but we will likely not have a shot at him. Brace is rising and we may miss out on him as well. Though I think Brace is far more likely to be a true 3-4 nose compared to Raji, the only others that could possibly fit that role in this draft:

Dorell Scott, Clemson
      Height: 6-4. Weight: 313.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.04.
      Projected Round (2009): 3.

Chris Baker, Hampton
      Height: 6-2. Weight: 310.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.03.

Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman
      Height: 6-4. Weight: 330.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.23.
      Projected Round (2009): 4-5.

Myron Pryor, Kentucky
      Height: 6-1. Weight: 309.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
      Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

Antonio Dixon, Miami
      Height: 6-3. Weight: 328.
      Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
      Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.

Of those mentioned beyond Raji and Brace, the two who look like worthy picks is Scott and Hill, Dixon may be worth a latter day pick for depth. All in all Denver could be in for a rough time getting a nose tackle. I think Denver would be better to trade for someone or sign a possibly capable plug in player for a season and draft one of the big time nose tackles next year, there is a bunch off that list I would not mind having in a Denver uniform.
      Dorell Scott is an under-rated player that gets virtually no discussion around here, but I think would be a great draft choice, particularly in the third round.

F*** BJ Raji.

He is going to be one of the most over-rated players to come out of this draft, period.

Raji is a one year guy that impressed at the Sr Bowl in drills that favor the d-linemen, but when he got into the game, especially on goalline and short yardage, he got his ass kicked by Eric Wood and Antoine Caldwell.

I know some will excuse him for this, and say the game did not matter...well, it does matter, as last year Sedrick Ellis followed up his great week of practice with an outstanding game, and Raji got smoked.

That is the difference.

Once Raji gets paid, he is going to revert to his lazy, underachieving self.

I HOPE someone else drafts him so he is not even a consideration for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
        Dorell Scott is an under-rated player that gets virtually no discussion around here, but I think would be a great draft choice, particularly in the third round.

F*** BJ Raji.

He is going to be one of the most over-rated players to come out of this draft, period.

Raji is a one year guy that impressed at the Sr Bowl in drills that favor the d-linemen, but when he got into the game, especially on goalline and short yardage, he got his ass kicked by Eric Wood and Antoine Caldwell.

I know some will excuse him for this, and say the game did not matter...well, it does matter, as last year Sedrick Ellis followed up his great week of practice with an outstanding game, and Raji got smoked.

That is the difference.

I HOPE someone else drafts him so he is not even a consideration for the Broncos.
        Agree completely on Raji, I would like to know how many like him simply because he has an odd name? There was a study some years back, it focused on a fact that some fans like players, seriously because of their names...WTH? Anyways, I agree Raji is overrated and he takes plays off, I know someone mentioned freakin' Taylor from Michigan, but according to his own words he wants to lose weight because he lacks stamina to play a full game...no thank you! We want a lardarse, but one with stamina and wants to keep his fatness...lol.

Scott is very underrated, and I am hoping he shows up at the combine and measures out a tad under 6-4 and close to 319lbs. because that will push Denver to look at him. He is a true 4-3 nose, they have a tendecy to be good 3-4 nose tackles. A fact some seem to not see with Raji, he was not a 4-3 nose, he was replaced by Brace this year at that position!!! Helloooo...

My point is that we should not squander our picks on nose tackles, we should try and nab someone in free agency and nab another kid next year; we likely can not touch Cody, but I would not mind Boo Robinson or a few others off that list.

I am hoping for Brace, but it seems unlikely...

Comment

Agree completely on Raji, I would like to know how many like him simply because he has an odd name? There was a study some years back, it focused on a fact that some fans like players, seriously because of their names...WTH?
          Or they think he can improve our defense, and give us a legit NT for the likely switch to the 3-4, his name notwithstanding.

Plus, "Maualuga" is more "odd" than "Raji".

Comment

I want Terrence Cody.....
            sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
              Or they think he can improve our defense, and give us a legit NT for the likely switch to the 3-4.

Plus, "Maualuga" is more "odd" than "Raji".
              I don't think Raji will do well in a 3-4 system, if he ends up in Cincinnati or Jacksonville, or some other 4-3 defensive scheme based defense, he will be considered the next Sapp of the NFL. In a 3-4 system he will be considered the next great bust IMHO.

The point with odd names is look at the past few off-seasons, look at how many had odd names and were the next best thing to sliced bread! Jarvis Moss, remember his fan following before the draft, yeah look what he did. I even said he would be a bust in a 4-3 system, but OMG Denver needs him, he will be the next Jared Allen...hahaha. Raji is a monster, who is Brace, Scott hasn't done anything...I would prefer Dixon, he is a seventh round pick for a damn reason! We need Maualuga or this kid...not saying all of them do it, but I am sure there are more then a few. Remember how many chicks said Cutler was not so pretty? WTH does that have to do with drafting someone? I just don't get it...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                I want Terrence Cody.....
                Who wouldn't, look in an encyclopedia under monster you see his mug...lol.

Cody is a whole other beast compared to this draft class, I doubt we could touch him. But he IMHO will be the next great overall nose tackle in the NFL.

Comment

Who wouldn't, look in an encyclopedia under monster you see his mug...lol.

Cody is a whole other beast compared to this draft class, I doubt we could touch him. But he IMHO will be the next great overall nose tackle in the NFL.

I have 0 hope of actually drafting him.

Unless he TANKS his senior season (or we tank our season) he will almost certainly go 1,2,3 unless there's some weird circumstances.
                  sigpic

Comment

Next seasons draft looks way better for NT then this one, i guess we should take a chance on a Guy that we have and sign a FA as well. then if this fails we know next seasons draft class is strong.
                    Humm....

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post

F*** BJ Raji.

That is the difference.

And....this is where we disagree.

Raji is not lazy. He never has been, never will be. And that's what makes him so special as a Nose Tackle, because most are.

The guy was out of football for an entire year due to an administrative mixup. He came back in top shape and dominated. That takes commitment and hard work. Especially when your body is predisposed to getting fat and gassed quickly.

Mike Mayock loves him as a Nose Tackle. When was the last time Mayock was wrong on a player?

Raji's work ethic has never been questioned. He was moved from Nose Tackle because he also has some pass rush ability. Ron Brace only bull rushes, he is only a Nose Tackle. Raji is a Nose Tackle and then some. Shaun Rogers is like that. Kris Jenkins is like that. Vince Wilfork is like that.

Raji is like that. If you guys can't see that. I really don't know what to say. This hatred towards Raji is silly. If you don't want to listen to me, and I don't blame you, listen to Mayock or any other person that has spent hours and hours evaluating the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Raji is not lazy. He never has been, never will be. And that's what makes him so special as a Nose Tackle, because most are.

The guy was out of football for an entire year due to an administrative mixup. He came back in top shape and dominated. That takes commitment and hard work. Especially when your body is predisposed to getting fat and gassed quickly.

Mike Mayock loves him as a Nose Tackle. When was the last time Mayock was wrong on a player?

Raji's work ethic has never been questioned. He was moved from Nose Tackle because he also has some pass rush ability. Ron Brace only bull rushes, he is only a Nose Tackle. Raji is a Nose Tackle and then some. Shaun Rogers is like that. Kris Jenkins is like that. Vince Wilfork is like that.

Raji is like that. If you guys can't see that. I really don't know what to say. This hatred towards Raji is silly. If you don't want to listen to me, and I don't blame you, listen to Mayock or any other person that has spent hours and hours evaluating the man.

How's Frank Okam doing?

Im sorry....I couldn't resist. I don't really have an opinion on Raji....
                        sigpic

Comment

How's Frank Okam doing?

Hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

MUG, I have watched Raji for a long time, I use to be pretty high on the kid, but just cause Mayock loves him does not mean that what I have seen of the kid is an illusion either. Is he a good defensive tackle? Yes...is he as good as the hype? Hell no...And Mayock has been wrong about kids now and then, he would be the first to admit that he makes mistakes, and I respect and listen to his opinions. I agree with him about Tyson Jackson being the best defensive end in the draft, and Mayock is not wrong about Raji being a good tackle and best overall in the draft, he is wrong that he is always dominant!!! I can tell you I have seen Raji get owned one on one against kids that are not that high on my list, other times he is flat out dominant, so yes...in fact he does take plays off, either that or he is just tired at particular points from lack of good stamina.

Is Brace the next best nose tackle? No, but he is a true nose tackle and I have seen him do more then bullrush, but he is as you said noted more so for that. But the kid has talent and can be coached, there are some kids that have only a limited ceiling and lack athletic talent, are hard to coach and Brace is not that kind of kid. Is he as good as Raji? No, he is not at this point. Could he be a better nose tackle then Raji, I for one believe so. We will just have to disagree on that...

Comment

How's Frank Okam doing?

Okam will be starting when Travis Johnson leaves after next year. He might take his job before that.

I get 3 years, as is the rule with D-linemen. He'll prove his ability the more he gets on the field.

I would also like to point out that if we had Frank Okam, we wouldn't have a need at Nose Tackle.

Comment

Working...
                              X