Who's the the best safety for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the the best safety for us?

I'm tired of (minus Lynch, Atwater,Smith) not having an elite or atleast a good safety. No one is afraid to throw downfield on us, there is no second guessing for the wide recievers when they catch the ball. Who do you think is the hardest hitter and the best safety for the broncos. If not best who do you think they will pick?:go:
    Sean Taylor 21 R.I.P
    Darrent Williams 27 R.I.P
    Damien Nash 29 R.I.P
    John Elway 7
    Jake Plummer 16
    Ian Gold 52
    Al Wilson 56
    D.j Williams 55
    Rod Smith 80
    Shannon Sharpe 84
    Steve Atwater 27
    Terrell Davis 30
    Ed Macaffrey 87
    Champ Bailey 24
    John Lynch 47
    Brandon Marshall 15
    Jay Cutler 6
    Peyton Hillis 22
    Tony Scheffler 88
    Tom Nalen 66
    Mike Anderson 38
    Brandon Stokely 14

Eric Berry

Comment

Taylor mays next year :salute!:
      Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

william moore. i know hes not a big hitter, but i'd take ints over big hits any day.
        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
          william moore. i know hes not a big hitter, but i'd take ints over big hits any day.
          Big hits cause fumbles :thumb:

Then this will let our other safety be the INT guy.

We can nickname them

The fumblemaker and interceptor
          Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

I dig Barrett as our SS. No RB can turn the corner with him on the field and he has the size and speed to cover every TE and slot receiver in the NFL. Every WR should fear the short route if he's in zone.

That said; Your question seems directed at who'll our FS be covering CF because we currently have no one. I'm hoping we draft Sherrod Martin from Troy St in the 3rd or 4th. First and foremost, he has the skills to play CF. Good speed, great acceleration, fluid hips, very comfortable in space with good reads and will defend or pick the pass. There are bigger Ss in the draft but Martin's a sure tackler and if he doesn't get to the ball first, will deliver the big hit to knock it loose. An all-around package.

Barrett-SS / Martin-FS would be "the hardest hitter and best safety for the broncos."

Comment

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqlG-qxTVM

For a later round consideration, take note: Add COLT ANDERSON, FS from the University of Montana. 2-year All American. Not just a hitter, but a pure, bring-down tackler. And tremendous instincts.

Don't forget the name: Colt Anderson.
              Consider for rounds 6 and 7, becuase he's way under the radar. Jeff Fisher (Tennessee HC) loves him, but I'd rather see him as a Bronco.

Comment

What about Kevin Ellison from USC? 5th round prospect, senior, 6'1 225, comes from a great program. Just a bet for the later rounds.
                sigpic

Comment

Personally, I see the draft playing out like this in the first 3 rounds:
                  Rd. 1: Brian Orakpo/Everette Brown OLB/DE
                  Rd. 2: Clint Sintim OLB/ILB
                  Rd. 3: Michael Hamlin SS

If we don't get Atogwe in FA, I think we will get James Sanders to play FS for us. Hamlin is a great player, and he is known to be a good leader as well. He's not a flashy player, he will get an occasional pick, but he does bring consistency to the field, and pairing him with a guy like Atogwe or Sanders, who are known to take some big chances in jumping routes, might be a nice little combo that plays to each others strengths well. Sintim could play ILB in a 3-4 very effectively, he's a great blitzer, he sheds blocks well, and he is a solid tackler. Orakpo to me is very similar to Terrell Suggs, he could be a 3-down DE in a 4-3, and he has good speed and lateral agility as a rush OLB.
                  sigpic

Comment

Delmas is a little raw but one of my favorite safeties in a while.

I think Colt Anderson is this years Tom Zbikowski.

And I was very high on Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
                      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqlG-qxTVM

For a later round consideration, take note: Add COLT ANDERSON, FS from the University of Montana. 2-year All American. Not just a hitter, but a pure, bring-down tackler. And tremendous instincts.

Don't forget the name: Colt Anderson.
                      Consider for rounds 6 and 7, becuase he's way under the radar. Jeff Fisher (Tennessee HC) loves him, but I'd rather see him as a Bronco.
                      The only thing that scares me about him is the level of competition hes played. Bc he doesnt seem to have a lot of athletic ability.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X