Jeremiah Johnson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremiah Johnson?

I just wanted to get everyones opinion on him. If we do infact keep Torain(not sure what his contract was) and of course we have Hillis, we could use a scat back. I have watched this kid the past two years and have been really impressed with his speed and catching ability out of the backfield. I really think he could be a steal in 3-4th round. What do you all think about him?
    New England Patriots GM

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I just wanted to get everyones opinion on him. If we do infact keep Torain(not sure what his contract was) and of course we have Hillis, we could use a scat back. I have watched this kid the past two years and have been really impressed with his speed and catching ability out of the backfield. I really think he could be a steal in 3-4th round. What do you all think about him?
    He is one of my favorite RB's coming out this year, the only reason his stock is lower is because of his ACL injury which he seems to be way past fully recovered from.

Johnson is my 5th rated RB only behind McCoy, Moreno, Wells, Greene.

Comment

We will give Torain a shot hes on a 5th rd draft pick contract which is around 300-400k a year. Johnson is a stud he will be a steal. He and Stewart were a killer tandem in Oregon. Much like the Barber-Maroney tandem in University of Minnesota both will have a huge impact and would be happy if we got him.
      sigpic

Comment

He wouldnt be a steal in the 3rd but a reach and possible in the 4th, only because there are certainly better RB's available in the 3rd and there isnt a real demand for running backs this season IMO. As a Oregon fan I watch him alot and like his game, but look up a guy namd Rashad Jennings from Liberty
        2010 Draft
        1st Round- ILB: Rolando McClain (Alabama)
        2nd Round- DE: Allen Bailey (Miami)
        3rd Round- C: Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State)
        4th Round- CB: Walter Thurmond (Oregon)
        6th Round- KR/PR: Brandon Banks (KSU)
        7th Round- RB: Stafon Johnson (USC)

FA Signings-
        NT: Casey Hampton
        OG: Logan Mankins

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Alot of people...including myself...thought Eddie Royal was a reach with our pick in the second round last year. Still a reach? or a steal?
          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Jennings is sweet, but we already have a pounding back in Hillis and Torain. We lack a scat back who can catch well in a spread offense.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Jennings is sweet, but we already have a pounding back in Hillis and Torain. We lack a scat back who can catch well in a spread offense.
              Good point yo, but should we get him or james davis?
              2010 Draft
              1st Round- ILB: Rolando McClain (Alabama)
              2nd Round- DE: Allen Bailey (Miami)
              3rd Round- C: Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State)
              4th Round- CB: Walter Thurmond (Oregon)
              6th Round- KR/PR: Brandon Banks (KSU)
              7th Round- RB: Stafon Johnson (USC)

FA Signings-
              NT: Casey Hampton
              OG: Logan Mankins

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

When I watched the Ducks play BSU Johnson was not too bad, but the other running back, whose name I can't seem to remember at the moment was actually more impressive. He was bigger (probably 230) and faster. BSU had a much more difficult time with him than they did Johnson.

I really wish I could remember his game. It seems as though he was a junior. The announcers were talking like he was a potential 1st round pick, but I am not sure if he declaired for the draft, or if he even played the whole year.

Are there any Ducks fans on the boards?
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  When I watched the Ducks play BSU Johnson was not too bad, but the other running back, whose name I can't seem to remember at the moment was actually more impressive. He was bigger (probably 230) and faster. BSU had a much more difficult time with him than they did Johnson.

I really wish I could remember his game. It seems as though he was a junior. The announcers were talking like he was a potential 1st round pick, but I am not sure if he declaired for the draft, or if he even played the whole year.

Are there any Ducks fans on the boards?
                  That is Blout or however his name is spelled.

He is not faster than Johnson in fact they aren't even close Blout is a much slower version of J. Stewart from last years draft.

He isn't in the draft this year, watch for him next year since he should be the guy to carry the load for Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                  X