Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of The Following Will Be A Bronco

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One of The Following Will Be A Bronco

    One of the following will be a Bronco. Not rocket science, although I am leaving out a few players that many are touting. Here's why?

    ......McDaniels will be looking for high value / immediate impact, and that doesn't describe the majority of dlineman. It won't be a Nose tackle or DE, not for that price. New England went for value, and that's what McD will be looking for. And, based on my calculations, Linebacker is the highest value early in the draft, with RB in the mix. And because we need lots of help on D, I'm pretty sure it's LB!! BUT....it all depends on how rigorous we are in bringing in players via FA and trade. RB may be a surprise pick, but not if we have done our homework prior to the draft.

    And I truly believe we will draft not only a smart, high energy player, but one with character and leadership qualities that will have long term impact. That's why it should be LB......because we have some good leadership on O, thus far.

    But don't count out a RB that could turn our O into the most feared in the league.


    Rey Maualuga
    Aaron Curry
    Brian Orakpo
    Brian Cushing
    James Laurinaitis
    Chris Wells
    Knowshon Mereno



  • #2
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    One of the following will be a Bronco. Not rocket science, although I am leaving out a few players that many are touting. Here's why?

    ......McDaniels will be looking for high value / immediate impact, and that doesn't describe the majority of dlineman. It won't be a Nose tackle or DE, not for that price. New England went for value, and that's what McD will be looking for. And, based on my calculations, Linebacker is the highest value early in the draft, with RB in the mix. And because we need lots of help on D, I'm pretty sure it's LB!! BUT....it all depends on how rigorous we are in bringing in players via FA and trade. RB may be a surprise pick, but not if we have done our homework prior to the draft.

    And I truly believe we will draft not only a smart, high energy player, but one with character and leadership qualities that will have long term impact. That's why it should be LB......because we have some good leadership on O, thus far.

    But don't count out a RB that could turn our O into the most feared in the league.
    Rey Maualuga
    Aaron Curry
    Brian Orakpo
    Brian Cushing
    James Laurinaitis
    Chris Wells
    Knowshon Mereno


    Im counting Running Back. If we go after a running back in the first ill be embarrassed to a bronco fan. Everyone knows and has seen on national tv that Defense must be address right away. We dont have pass rushers besides Dumervil, we cant stop the run, if switching to a 3-4 we need better LB's, and we all know we need better safeties. all of these areas on our D is more important then a rb.

    Comment


    • #3
      A good rb that can move the chains and control the clock will help our defense in oh so many ways. Like keeping them off the field!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

      Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

      Comment


      • #4
        you should put Raji on the list


        sigpic


        FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



        :cool:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          you should put Raji on the list
          Sorry gl......I don't see Raji being a safe, low risk investment at that price.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Sorry gl......I don't see Raji being a safe, low risk investment at that price.
            that's your opinion.......but Raji is a beast........


            sigpic


            FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



            :cool:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
              that's your opinion.......but Raji is a beast........
              He may be a beast, but I'd rather we get one experienced NT (like Watson) and draft someone as a backup, but not early. The track record on these guys is not good.

              Put your money where it will pay quick and secure dividends.

              Comment


              • #8
                I would not mind a RB like Wells or Moreno at 12. But we would have to get Ron Brace in the 2nd round and draft pretty much all defense from there on out!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I will throw my TV out the window if we draft a RB with pick 12........

                  I would love LeSean McCoy to fall to early second and trade up to snag him, but there's bigger needs than another RB........at least w/ the first pick.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    I would not mind a RB like Wells or Moreno at 12. But we would have to get Ron Brace in the 2nd round and draft pretty much all defense from there on out!
                    I agree with you, and that's why the chances for a first round back are small. In fact, I'm good with a 3rd or 4th rounder, because there usually are a few good ones that far down.

                    Here's last year's crop, from the 2nd round thru the 4th round (round/pick/carries/yards/avg/rushTDS):
                    M. Forte 2 44th 316 1238 3.9 8
                    R. Rice 2 55th 107 454 4.2 0
                    K. Smith 3 64th 238 976 4.1 8
                    J. Hester (FB) 3 69th 19 95 5 1
                    J. Charles 3 73rd 67 357 5.3 0
                    S. Slaton 3 89th 268 1282 4.8 9
                    T. Choice 4 122nd 92 472 5.1 2

                    Clearly, most of these guys look like long term winners....


                    Anyway, we'll be better equipped to determine the possibilities after a few weeks of FA and other personnel moves, and that all begins in less than 2 weeks....and I can't wait!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      He may be a beast, but I'd rather we get one experienced NT (like Watson) and draft someone as a backup, but not early. The track record on these guys is not good.

                      Put your money where it will pay quick and secure dividends.
                      My two dream scenarios would be Raji in the 1st and William Moore/Sean Smith/Patrick Chung in the 2nd......

                      or Maualuga in the 1st and Ron Brace in the 2nd :go:


                      sigpic


                      FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                      :cool:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                        A good rb that can move the chains and control the clock will help our defense in oh so many ways. Like keeping them off the field!!!!!!!!
                        Nothing can help your defense when it has no talent to excel.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          My two dream scenarios would be Raji in the 1st and William Moore/Sean Smith/Patrick Chung in the 2nd......

                          or Maualuga in the 1st and Ron Brace in the 2nd :go:
                          I like the second option best. Something about Raji I don't like. I think he is the best in a weak position and sometimes those guys get overvalued.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Raji didn't even play last year ('07) because he's not smart enough to attend school and play football at the same time.

                            And that's saying something considering the fact that players like Pacman and Marshawn Lynch were never suspended for academic reasons.......

                            ....just saying
                            Last edited by neume1mb; 02-16-2009, 12:22 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                              I like the second option best. Something about Raji I don't like. I think he is the best in a weak position and sometimes those guys get overvalued.
                              lol Raji might be considered a better prospect then Glenn Dorsey was last year.....he's bigger and offers run-stuffing ability along with some pass-rush. He's the complete package when it comes to a Defensive Tackle......Dorsey was strictly a pass-rusher...

                              if he's available at 12, I say we grab him and thank the NFL gods....


                              sigpic


                              FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                              :cool:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X