Nnamdi Asomugha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nnamdi Asomugha?

What are the chances of him getting franchised by Oakland?

If he doesn't, I see no reason to keep Dre' Bly when we could get the 2nd best corner in the league for almost the same price.

Nnamdi + Peppers + a solid draft = a top 15 defense.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post

If he doesn't, I see no reason to keep Dre' Bly when we could get the 2nd best corner in the league for almost the same price.
      6yr 60MM is about what Aso will run (plus the 7MM to cut/trade Bly)

Bly cost 3 yr at 17MM left on deal.

Avg out Aso over next three years would be 33.5MM. So it would not really be the same cost.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would still cost us a great deal of $$$.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post

I agree. We could then trade/release Champ, and get to work on the dline and the LB'ers, the more important part of the defense.

Comment

Oakland WANTS to Franchise him.. and if they do it will be on the deadline.

However they are in cap trouble and they may actually lose him over it due foolish choices such as Javon Walker etc.

Tossing Bly and having a Champ / Nnamdi backfield + a solid FA Safety + a great Draft to fix up our line and we're going to be looking solid next year.

The real defense won't come till 2010 though.

Comment

there is NO NEED to go after yet ANOTHER TOP CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have the worst defense in the NFL, and you guy s want to spend mORE money on the ONE position on defense we don't need it???

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              we have the worst defense in the NFL, and you guy s want to spend mORE money on the ONE position on defense we don't need it???
              Stop making so much sense. That's crazy talk.

Comment

There is NO WAY Oakland lets him go for free.........if they do, the league should remove the entire front office and replace them with chimps.

Comment

there is NO NEED to go after yet ANOTHER TOP CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT?????
                  OUR DEFENSE IS THE WORST AND WE NEED SOME GOOD/GREAT PLAYERS....COST IS NOT THE QUESTION RIGHT NOW....GETTING PLAYERS IS.......

Comment

Originally posted by 24CHAMPionships View Post
                    WHY NOT?????
                    OUR DEFENSE IS THE WORST AND WE NEED SOME GOOD/GREAT PLAYERS....COST IS NOT THE QUESTION RIGHT NOW....GETTING PLAYERS IS.......
                    Great logic. Why don't we just go out and trade for Matt Cassel and try and sign Kurt Warner while we're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by 24CHAMPionships View Post
                      WHY NOT?????
                      What silk is pointing out.. and cleverly may I add... is that we dont' just need to get players... but need to get players of NEED. To get players in positions that we DO NOT HAVE.... we already have Champ and Bly.... going out and signing Oso would be the same thing as signing Cassel or Warner when we already have Cutler. It would be stupid. Although Cassel and Warner are good players (although I think Cassel is a failure waiting ot happen).... they are players at positions we don't need.

Getting players doesn't make sense if they are players that don't directly HELP the positions that makes our defense HORRID. Corner is NOT the position we need.

Comment

Say no to Aso. :cutler:

Comment

What silk is pointing out.. and cleverly may I add... is that we dont' just need to get players... but need to get players of NEED. To get players in positions that we DO NOT HAVE.... we already have Champ and Bly.... going out and signing Oso would be the same thing as signing Cassel or Warner when we already have Cutler. It would be stupid. Although Cassel and Warner are good players (although I think Cassel is a failure waiting ot happen).... they are players at positions we don't need.

Getting players doesn't make sense if they are players that don't directly HELP the positions that makes our defense HORRID. Corner is NOT the position we need.
                          Lets be honest here. EVERY position on our defense is horrid. Asomugha would come in and be our number one CB. Kurt Warner & Matt Cassell would not be our number one QB. There is a difference. I think we should sign Asomugha (if he slips by the franchise tag) and start over at EVERY position because EVERY position is horrible.
                          Owned:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronkster View Post
                            Lets be honest here. EVERY position on our defense is horrid. Asomugha would come in and be our number one CB. Kurt Warner & Matt Cassell would not be our number one QB. There is a difference. I think we should sign Asomugha (if he slips by the franchise tag) and start over at EVERY position because EVERY position is horrible.
                            You have to be kidding....... We're set at cornerback. Your DB's (no matter who they are) end up looking bad when your front seven can't get off blocks to tackle and can't pressure the QB.

I'd rather spend that money to sure up the line and backers, and I think most people would agree with me.

Comment

He's not leaving, not this year and highly likely never. The salary cap won't be an issue to keep him, it rarely is for Davis.

Comment

Working...
                              X