Nnamdi Asomugha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    You don't know a damn thing about football. How about thinking why our defense is so bad. Because our CB's get torched. Because the QB has 7+ seconds to sit in the pocket. Because we don't have a pass rush. Denver's defense would be garbage if you had Champ Bailey, Nnamdi Asamugua, Deion Sanderr in his prime, and Rod Woodson in his prime.

You're argument is so weak. How many SuperBowl winners have had a shutdown CB? 0 in the last 15 years? You're football stupid.
    You're another one that don't ever make sense when you speak.......if you can read...(because reading is fundaMENTAL).....I said that I am very much aware that we need a defensive line and linebackers, which indicates I am very much aware about the pass rush that is needed for the corners to look good even in their prime........but why pass up on a good/great corner when we only have one strong side corner????? That makes no sense when you're trying to improve the defense........CAN THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU PEOPLE???? OH...MAYBE IM JUST FOOTBALL STUPID LIKE HALF THESE IDIOTS BELIEVE......

Comment

Originally posted by 24CHAMPionships View Post
      You're another one that don't ever make sense when you speak.......if you can read...(because reading is fundaMENTAL).....I said that I am very much aware that we need a defensive line and linebackers, which indicates I am very much aware about the pass rush that is needed for the corners to look good even in their prime........but why pass up on a good/great corner when we only have one strong side corner????? That makes no sense when you're trying to improve the defense........CAN THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU PEOPLE???? OH...MAYBE IM JUST FOOTBALL STUPID LIKE HALF THESE IDIOTS BELIEVE......
      Because the more money we spend at positions like CB, means the less money we have to go towards a front7, and more importantly front 4(or 3). We already have like 15% of our entire cap going to the CB position. Not to mention the cap hit in future years down the road Nnamdi and CHamp will have, and that's not including Dre Bly, who affects the cap regardless if he's on the team or cut.

You're completely missing the concept of a salary cap, the affects it has on the team, and the affect it has down the road. Not to mention all these young good players that will command a high contract in the next 2-3 years.

I don't care how good a CB is. The team is in no position whatsoever to throw an even more significant portion of the salary cap at the one position on defense that is needed least. Trade Bly and Champ, and I'd be all for bringing Nnamdi in. He's better than those 2 anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        Because the more money we spend at positions like CB, means the less money we have to go towards a front7, and more importantly front 4(or 3). We already have like 15% of our entire cap going to the CB position. Not to mention the cap hit in future years down the road Nnamdi and CHamp will have, and that's not including Dre Bly, who affects the cap regardless if he's on the team or cut.

You're completely missing the concept of a salary cap, the affects it has on the team, and the affect it has down the road. Not to mention all these young good players that will command a high contract in the next 2-3 years.

I don't care how good a CB is. The team is in no position whatsoever to throw an even more significant portion of the salary cap at the one position on defense that is needed least. Trade Bly and Champ, and I'd be all for bringing Nnamdi in. He's better than those 2 anyways.

Now that I can understand...half our defense should go anyway to POSSIBLY free up more money....but i definitely see your point and I do understand the cap situation.......its going to be hard regardless where the money is spent.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          This is inaccurate. I don't CARE if he would come in and be the #1 CB. It is NOT a needed position. To spend the money for yet ANOTHER CB when we have already spent so much money on corner over the last 5 years... when our DTs, DEs, LBs and Safeties or HORRENDOUS.

You are talking abut spending TOP DOLLAR for the ONE position that is the absolute strongest on the Defensive side of the ball. Makes absolutely NO sense.. none.. zero. You might as well go sign another LT while your at it, because after all..... it would be a 'good football player.'
          Jeez Ravage! Chill out!

You know perfectly well this is total nonsense and has ZERO chance of actually happening. It's just a few teenagers on these boards blowing off steam.

The Raiders aren't going to let their best player go. They will use the franchise tag. And if they didn't the Broncos would not sign Asomagua.

I'm assuming from today's RMN that the Broncos will wind up cutting Dre Bly and finding another CB in FA. But, that CB will be a LOT cheaper than Asomugha.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            Jeez Ravage! Chill out!

You know perfectly well this is total nonsense and has ZERO chance of actually happening. It's just a few teenagers on these boards blowing off steam.

The Raiders aren't going to let their best player go. They will use the franchise tag. And if they didn't the Broncos would not sign Asomagua.

I'm assuming from today's RMN that the Broncos will wind up cutting Dre Bly and finding another CB in FA. But, that CB will be a LOT cheaper than Asomugha.
            Tagging Asomugha would cost 11.9 million, they don't have that kind of cap room.

Comment

Working...
            X