No announcement yet.

When is Larry English predicted to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is Larry English predicted to go?

When is this guy supposed to be drafted? This guy was a beast of a DE in college but is the perfect build (6'2 254) for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. What is this guy? Late 1st early 2nd?

I know Orakpo, Curry, Cushings, and Brown are all high 1st rounders, so where does this guy go?

If he's an early second I would love to have our first 2 picks as Rey and Larry.

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    When is this guy supposed to be drafted? This guy was a beast of a DE in college but is the perfect build (6'2 254) for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. What is this guy? Late 1st early 2nd?

I know Orakpo, Curry, Cushings, and Brown are all high 1st rounders, so where does this guy go?

If he's an early second I would love to have our first 2 picks as Rey and Larry.
    English will be or I believe will be a mid-first, to latter first round pick. And Cushings is not a high first round pick, not sure where you heard that but he will go latter first more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      English will be or I believe will be a mid-first, to latter first round pick. And Cushings is not a high first round pick, not sure where you heard that but he will go latter first more or less.
      Yeah sorry didn't mean to say Cushings will be high first. Rey and English would be a beastly first two picks though.

Comment

Yeah sorry didn't mean to say Cushings will be high first. Rey and English would be a beastly first two picks though.
        I think Maualuga will drop a little, with the questions about his ability at the Senior Bowl and him refusing to run the position drills at the combine, I think his stock will slide.

Denver IMHO would be far smarter to trade down with the likes of New England for the 23rd and 47th overall draft picks. They would take Maualuga or Jenkins, and Denver could shoot for Brace, English or Jackson. Plus we added another day one pick, with our needs...that would be a huge plus.

English is a good athlete and solid playmaker a tad bit raw, but overall I would not mind if we drafted him. I am not sold on Maualuga, he has raised more questions then given answers on his ability nearing the draft, so I say nay on him...I would love to see Denver sign Canty, Sanders, Jones and Fields in free agency, then draft Brace, Matthews and another top prospect on day one.

Comment

Denver IMHO would be far smarter to trade down with the likes of New England for the 23rd and 47th overall draft picks. They would take Maualuga or Jenkins, and Denver could shoot for Brace, English or Jackson. Plus we added another day one pick, with our needs...that would be a huge plus.
          I think Denver would be far smarter to trade out of the 1st round and get a 2nd, 3rd, and 2010 1st round pick...but no one is going to like that idea.

It would give us a year to see where players fit and what are biggest needs are, while still getting 4 good quality players before pick 90.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I'd definitely like to trade down. I'm not sold on Rey at all and I don't think we'll be able to grab Raji, I don't even know how good he'll be.

I'd like to get down to the early to mid twenties range and pick up an extra day one pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
              I think Denver would be far smarter to trade out of the 1st round and get a 2nd, 3rd, and 2010 1st round pick...but no one is going to like that idea.

It would give us a year to see where players fit and what are biggest needs are, while still getting 4 good quality players before pick 90.
              I don't think anybody is going to give us a 2nd, 3rd, and 2010 1st rounder for the 12th pick in a draft with no true wow players outside of the top 5-7 picks. I wouldn't mind this deal, but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
                I'd definitely like to trade down. I'm not sold on Rey at all and I don't think we'll be able to grab Raji, I don't even know how good he'll be.

I'd like to get down to the early to mid twenties range and pick up an extra day one pick.
                Exactly...

Comment

I don't think anybody is going to give us a 2nd, 3rd, and 2010 1st rounder for the 12th pick in a draft with no true wow players outside of the top 5-7 picks. I wouldn't mind this deal, but I don't see it happening.
                  I do not see it happening either, but WOW players tend to come from the combine when they separate themselves. Mayo jumped to top 10 based on combine last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post

I said the same thing about a month ago. Nobody liked it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
                      I said the same thing about a month ago. Nobody liked it then.
                      Because fans like new & shining picks Guilty here too, does not mean it is smart. We are purging our defense, the more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round the better... we are going to need a lot of new personnel.

Comment

Laryy English is a beast I would love him as a Bronco but he is a slight reach at #12, but if we could trade down to #17-22 and take him I would be very happy with the pick.

I have wanted Larry since he was a early 4th round prospect and now that he has worked his way into the mid-late 1st round I am happy for him but sad because he wont be any of our picks unless we trade up or down to get him.

Comment

Agree is part, Disagree in part.

I think English's ceiling is #12 Overall to us. That's as high as he can go. I think he's a possibility, but not likely. I think the early 20s are more likely.

As for Cushing, I think he's even better then English as a potential 3-4 OLB/DE Hybrid. I think he goes in the Top 15. I seem to be out on a limb with this one, so it's by no means a matter-of-fact statement, but it is my opinion. I think Cushing would be a beast as an OLB in the 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                            Agree is part, Disagree in part.

I think English's ceiling is #12 Overall to us. That's as high as he can go. I think he's a possibility, but not likely. I think the early 20s are more likely.

As for Cushing, I think he's even better then English as a potential 3-4 OLB/DE Hybrid. I think he goes in the Top 15. I seem to be out on a limb with this one, so it's by no means a matter-of-fact statement, but it is my opinion. I think Cushing would be a beast as an OLB in the 3-4.
                            Really? Maybin is more likely at 12 in my opinion...and Cushing I have to disagree on, I feel Stintim and Matthews are far better and English is above him...not saying Cushing is a bad pick, but I do not think that highly of him.

Comment

For English too much is up in the air right now. It is tough to tell without his position skills tests and his running times. He reminds me a lot of Demarcus Ware before his combine. He was projected as a late first early second and then performed very well.....

I would be surprised to see English climb all the way to us at #12. I expect him to be a mid 20s guy. I don't think he will be there with our 2nd pick; although a slow 40 time would probably guarentee it.

I think Cushing will play either on the inside in a 3-4 or on the outside in a 4-3
                              I don't see him as an OLB in a 3-4 but he is very skilled and could probably do it. I think he will be more effective playing in his more natural position.

Comment

Working...
                              X