When is Larry English predicted to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lancane View Post
    Really? Maybin is more likely at 12 in my opinion...and Cushing I have to disagree on, I feel Stintim and Matthews are far better and English is above him...not saying Cushing is a bad pick, but I do not think that highly of him.
    Really?? I think Matthews benefited from having the other LBs around him. From the many USC games I saw, I believe he was at best the 3 best LB on the team. Rey and Brian were much more dominant and certainly more talented. I do not believe that Sintim or Matthews will have the athleticism or feel for the game that Cushing does. I feel very confident that Cushing will be selected before Matthews and Sintim and for good reason....

Comment

Really? Maybin is more likely at 12 in my opinion...and Cushing I have to disagree on, I feel Stintim and Matthews are far better and English is above him...not saying Cushing is a bad pick, but I do not think that highly of him.
      maybin is not on larry englishes level and i can understand the hype....

As for english he will probally go in the 17-24 range, hopefully he goes to us at 17 because we made a trade with the jets so they could take sanchez.......lol

i agree with MUg he could test outstanding at the combine and become a top 15 pick. He is reported to have the best rip and spin pass rush move in the draft, and his stregth is supposedly outsatnding at the POA. He also has better cover skills than everette brown, ocrapo, or maybin

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
        Really?? I think Matthews benefited from having the other LBs around him. From the many USC games I saw, I believe he was at best the 3 best LB on the team. Rey and Brian were much more dominant and certainly more talented. I do not believe that Sintim or Matthews will have the athleticism or feel for the game that Cushing does. I feel very confident that Cushing will be selected before Matthews and Sintim and for good reason....
        Matthews was held back by the coaching staff, that is even what Carrol said. Sorry, but this is the guy who coached all three and I tend to believe him over the fans. We'll see but I know Stintim is more highly regarded in most circles then Cushing and he still is above Matthews, but not in my opinion. English however, I do think he may have the best ceiling of the defensive ends/outside linebackers.

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
          maybin is not on larry englishes level and i can understand the hype....

As for english he will probally go in the 17-24 range, hopefully he goes to us at 17 because we made a trade with the jets so they could take sanchez.......lol

i agree with MUg he could test outstanding at the combine and become a top 15 pick. He is reported to have the best rip and spin pass rush move in the draft, and his stregth is supposedly outsatnding at the POA. He also has better cover skills than everette brown, ocrapo, or maybin
          Orakpo is better set to be a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL, or I believe...not sure why you call him Ocrapo, because if we were staying with the 4-3 we would be lucky to get him. English is a tad quicker then Brown, but Brown is a more dominant player at this time, that does not mean English will not surpass him either, just he is not as good right now. As I said earlier, English has the best ceiling of the top defensive end/outside linebackers. Maybin is the fastest of them all, he is quick to respond and he plays more like a linebacker, that is why he is so high and many have him ranked above English. Mayock has him as his third overall outside linebacker behing Curry and Orakpo.

Comment

Matthews was held back by the coaching staff, that is even what Carrol said. Sorry, but this is the guy who coached all three and I tend to believe him over the fans. We'll see but I know Stintim is more highly regarded in most circles then Cushing and he still is above Matthews, but not in my opinion. English however, I do think he may have the best ceiling of the defensive ends/outside linebackers.

i also prefer matthews of the three USC backers, and hopefully we do end up with english. I actually, outside of it being a unorthodox pick to many fans hope that english at 12 is our final choice....he is a very safe pick, with his only question marks being playing level of competition(however he looked very good senior bowl week)

brown(size and run contain), cushing(roids??? injury history), okrapo(poor run contain), maybin(size, and character concerns) all have serious question marks as far as being a complete DE/OLB that we truly need on this defense

i personally am fine with english at pick 12. he currently is a mid first rd pick. if he tests well i see no problem taking him or tyson jackson with the 12th pick...i pray to god it isnt cushing, maybin okrapo or rey mauluga though

Comment

Orakpo is better set to be a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL, or I believe...not sure why you call him Ocrapo, because if we were staying with the 4-3 we would be lucky to get him. English is a tad quicker then Brown, but Brown is a more dominant player at this time, that does not mean English will not surpass him either, just he is not as good right now. As I said earlier, English has the best ceiling of the top defensive end/outside linebackers. Maybin is the fastest of them all, he is quick to respond and he plays more like a linebacker, that is why he is so high and many have him ranked above English. Mayock has him as his third overall outside linebacker behing Curry and Orakpo.
              okrapo is a dumervil clone....he cant play the run at all.....he fits the 4-3 well, but he isnt any different than dumervil....dumervuil has bette rpass rush moves. we would essentially be getting a back-up to dumervil at pick 12......if we stay 4-3.....i call him ocrapo because he is overhyped becasue of his pass rush skills. he isnt a complete player. personal opinion i guess.

and maybin may be the fastets but he cant play the run well either and his size may be a hinderance....not to mention he has charactr concerns, and a short college career.....

brown is also 230lbs pre combine....if he doesnt make it near 250 he will drop from top ten consideration......

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                i also prefer matthews of the three USC backers, and hopefully we do end up with english. I actually, outside of it being a unorthodox pick to many fans hope that english at 12 is our final choice....he is a very safe pick, with his only question marks being playing level of competition(however he looked very good senior bowl week)

brown(size and run contain), cushing(roids??? injury history), okrapo(poor run contain), maybin(size, and character concerns) all have serious question marks as far as being a complete DE/OLB that we truly need on this defense

i personally am fine with english at pick 12. he currently is a mid first rd pick. if he tests well i see no problem taking him or tyson jackson with the 12th pick...i pray to god it isnt cushing, maybin okrapo or rey mauluga though
                Great Post Elevation...and I could not agree more.

Matthews is the most solid, well rounded of the USC linebackers, not only that but when he did play he shined, and he has the best character then the either Maualuga or Cushing and that is something that McDaniels being a Belichick tree'd coach will look for. English is very similar, great player when he hit the field, well rounded and he has a high ceiling which means that he has the ability to surpass those above him. I would take Brown at 12, but he is more dominant now, I can not say he will be more dominant than English in three years down the road from now.

Maybin has some flaws but he has a good ceiling as well, he is a bit raw and he is on the lighter side, even with his issues however, I think Maybin will be a good linebacker in the NFL. If Orakpo is gone when Buffalo is on the board, I think they take Maybin...as for Tyson Jackson, he is the best true scheme based defensive end in the draft. I would not mind taking Jackson, as you know and I would not mind Denver trading down with NYJ and taking either English or Jackson, if we missed on them I would not mind taking Brace...

Comment

Great Post Elevation...and I could not agree more.

Matthews is the most solid, well rounded of the USC linebackers, not only that but when he did play he shined, and he has the best character then the either Maualuga or Cushing and that is something that McDaniels being a Belichick tree'd coach will look for. English is very similar, great player when he hit the field, well rounded and he has a high ceiling which means that he has the ability to surpass those above him. I would take Brown at 12, but he is more dominant now, I can not say he will be more dominant than English in three years down the road from now.

Maybin has some flaws but he has a good ceiling as well, he is a bit raw and he is on the lighter side, even with his issues however, I think Maybin will be a good linebacker in the NFL. If Orakpo is gone when Buffalo is on the board, I think they take Maybin...as for Tyson Jackson, he is the best true scheme based defensive end in the draft. I would not mind taking Jackson, as you know and I would not mind Denver trading down with NYJ and taking either English or Jackson, if we missed on them I would not mind taking Brace...

thanks, i really see a trade down being likely, heck even baltimore could be willing to trade down they have no starting corners and vonate davis and malcom jenkins could be options for them. i think the jets, vikings and tampa are willing trade partners if a QB is available. and if new england really feels the need for a CB they could be trade partners. Philly also could be willing with 2 first rd picks if andre smith somehow is still on the board at 12. I also feel if okrapo is still on the board at pick 12 we could see chicago as a potential trade partner.....

In any case i hope to end up with english, jackson, curry, moreno, jenkins or Delmas for our first rd pick....if we do im happy....if we end up with maybin or brown, im on the fence becasue i feel its to high for maybin and brown has big size concerns....and if we end up with okrapo, rey rey, cushing, or a WR i will be pissed...lol

i currently feel the top 15 shaping up like this.....

1. DT BJ RAJI(Detroit)
                  2. OT Eugene Monroe(ST Louis)
                  3. WR Michael Crabtree(Kansas City)
                  4. RB Chris Beanie Wells(Seattle)
                  5. ILB aaron Curry(Clevland)
                  6. RB Knowshon Moreno(Cincy)
                  7. OT Jason Smith(Oakland)
                  8. OT Michael Oher(Jacksonville)
                  9. OT Andre Smith(Green Bay)
                  10. DE/OLB Everette Brown(San Francisco)
                  11. DE Brian Okrapo(Buffalo)
                  12. DE/OLB Larry english(Denver)
                  13. DT Peria Jerry(Washington)
                  14. CB Malcom Jenkins(New Orleans)
                  15. S Louis Delmas(Houston)

Comment

Bah, you guys suck!

1a and 1b (to me) are Brian Orakpo and Brain Cushing. I see great things from these two. Quit making fun of them!

This is going to be a good draft, one of us is going to be thrilled. We all like different prospects best.

I'm still saying Maybin goes in the 2nd Round. I'm fairly certain I'm the only one on the planet with that opinion, but it does make sense to me. I don't believe he can maintain 250 lbs through the rigors of an NFL season. I think he'll drop even lower then the 230 he was reported at in college. I also think there's a good chance he follows Julian Peterson's career path and ends up a blitzing WILL in the 4-3.

I like English, I don't think he's as good as Orakpo and Cushing though.

I like Brown as the best pass rusher in the draft, but those weight rumors put him in the same boat as Maybin.

There's some chatter that Paul Kruger could enter this discussion in the 1st Round, but I still view him as a 4-3 Rush End. The same with Micheal Johnson whom is all over draft boards now.

Sintim and Matthews might be moved inside in the NFL depending on their athleticism. Mayock and Kiper have both discussed this possiblity with Sintim, and I think its natural to lump Matthews into there as well. I think these two guys are very versatile though, so if someone wants to tell me they are pure 3-4 OLB/DE rovers, I'm not going to argue it.

Comment

www.nfl.com Maylocks top olb Hybrids if you will Orakpo 2 behind Curry ...He plays the run and the Pass very, well... He calls him a freak...
                      sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                        www.nfl.com Maylocks top olb Hybrids if you will Orakpo 2 behind Curry ...He plays the run and the Pass very, well... He calls him a freak...
                        Good for Mayock, he also thought Marcus Nash was going to be a game changer! I respect Mayock, but he is not correct all the time...Orakpo is a good athlete, I think he will succeed in the 4-3, and Mayock has said he believes he would do well in the position as well. I just do not think he will transition to the 3-4 as well as Mayock does.

Comment

Working...
                        X