• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL.com Pat Kirwan Mock Draft

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=...bine_wednesday

12. Denver Broncos:

BJ Raji, DT, Boston College

The Broncos have a long way to go to convert their defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. They simply aren't big enough up front to be a two-gap team or have enough pass rush to protect the corners. Raji is a good fit in any front, and while the Broncos are playing a mix of the two fronts, at least they would add a big man (337 pounds) inside to help stop the run and collapse the pocket.

That's who I want :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

12. Denver Broncos:

The Broncos have a long way to go to convert their defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. They simply aren't big enough up front to be a two-gap team or have enough pass rush to protect the corners. Raji is a good fit in any front, and while the Broncos are playing a mix of the two fronts, at least they would add a big man (337 pounds) inside to help stop the run and collapse the pocket.

I agree with Pat, Broncos take raji at 12.
    sigpic

Comment

12. Denver Broncos:

The man is a monster no doubt about that and for those who dont believe me check this video out
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2YGE9SLM
      The only thing i have concerns with is possible attitude problems, possible of taking a play off, and how he reacts to being double teamed in the NFL. Can he adjust? But he deff has talent, the video shows you that

Comment

if he's still available I think we should get him, but I think he probably will be gone.

Comment

I would dig Raji being in Big Denver
          sigpic

Comment

If he is there, then he will be the pick...I think most of us agree with that. I would prefer him to Cushing, Maualuga, Laurinaitis, Maybin and a few others at the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
              If he is there, then he will be the pick...I think most of us agree with that. I would prefer him to Cushing, Maualuga, Laurinaitis, Maybin and a few others at the spot.
              Likewise. He has to be the pick, he fits the most glaring need and he can come in from Day 1 and earn his contract. He's an instant impact player that will help the whole front 7 get better. I'm not sure if he will be there, though. If he were, we should all rejoice. The attitude problems don't scare me much with this guy. I got a feeling he will really thrive in the pros, he seems like a guy who always thinks he has something to prove, and that's a great trait. Let's hope, if we get him, it translates to the NFL.
              sigpic

Comment

BJ Raji is the pick at 12 (if he's there). It is possible.

I would be STOKED!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                  Likewise. He has to be the pick, he fits the most glaring need and he can come in from Day 1 and earn his contract. He's an instant impact player that will help the whole front 7 get better. I'm not sure if he will be there, though. If he were, we should all rejoice. The attitude problems don't scare me much with this guy. I got a feeling he will really thrive in the pros, he seems like a guy who always thinks he has something to prove, and that's a great trait. Let's hope, if we get him, it translates to the NFL.
                  If Raji is taken at 12.......I'd probably trade down and pick up James Laurianitis or Ron Brace.........but that's just me :salute!:

Like I said a couple of days ago......I'm kind of starting to feel iffy about Maualuga with all the bad rep he's been getting at the Senior Bowl and Combine.

I don't want Cushing because of his injury concerns :salute!:

sigpic

Comment

Also in this draft.

Its interesting as these ppl should have a feel of where the players might fall to and what the teams may be looking for.

So Raji will probably be gone but there's a chance he won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Also in this draft.

Its interesting as these ppl should have a feel of where the players might fall to and what the teams may be looking for.

So Raji will probably be gone but there's a chance he won't be.
                      damn......I hope the dice rolls our way and we get him

sigpic

Comment

If Raji is taken at 12.......I'd probably trade down and pick up James Laurianitis or Ron Brace.........but that's just me :salute!:

Like I said a couple of days ago......I'm kind of starting to feel iffy about Maualuga with all the bad rep he's been getting at the Senior Bowl and Combine.

I think you sacrifice a Top player but 2 mediocre one's.

If Raji falls to 12 then the card will be straight up to the commish.

I have read from these experts around the draft and the feeling is that while Brace is decent he is not even close to Raji's level and it is very doubtful that he could play as a 3-4 NT.

James L is alright but is an ILB our biggest need? I don't think so.

Comment

damn......I hope the dice rolls our way and we get him

lol, I slightly misread your post about Raji

Still not a huge fan of the other 2 though

Comment

If we go to the cellar of the first round (25-32), I wouldn't mind guys like Ron Brace, Clay Matthews or Larry English personally. I feel the same about Maualuga. He just seems to be piling on the negative and not getting any positive reports besides the fact that he layed the occasional big hit on a RB at the Senior Bowl (but we all knew he could do that, we all wanted to see consistency out of him). Either way, I hope its a defensive player for the front 7 if we were to drop down a bit.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                              If we go to the cellar of the first round (25-32), I wouldn't mind guys like Ron Brace, Clay Matthews or Larry English personally. I feel the same about Maualuga. He just seems to be piling on the negative and not getting any positive reports besides the fact that he layed the occasional big hit on a RB at the Senior Bowl (but we all knew he could do that, we all wanted to see consistency out of him). Either way, I hope its a defensive player for the front 7 if we were to drop down a bit.
                              amen to that brotha.

screw this "Running back in the 1st" crazy talk

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE :go: :salute!:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X