Shaun Rogers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Rogers

Might come cheaper than Haynesworth, and he'd be worth a look.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/ (TOP ARTICLE)

If he legitimately wants out of Cleveland, it'd most likely be via trade where he's still under contract, and cutting him would hurt them financially.

I'd consider giving a second rounder for him.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
    sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Getting Shaun Rogers would be flat-out awesome. It would instantly give us the proven NT. I got a feeling they would look for more than a 2nd for him, though. He's coming off a Pro-Bowl year as a NT for a 3-4 team, that's a pretty great accomplishment, seeing as how the NT isn't considered a glory position. If he became available, I wouldn't mind us making a run after him as long as what the Browns asked for wasn't too rediculous.
    sigpic

Comment

wont happen......he'll go back to Cleveland for sure.

But it would be cool

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Rodgers quits on his team too much for my liking. He is a top talent, but what good is it if he pouts during a big game.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I'd say if the opportunity arose where we could work a deal with the browns for him, I would take it.

However I think it is unlikely they will actually trade him, because then they would need to fill the NT hole.
          Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
          Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

I would love this, but I doubt it will happen.

Comment

The sad thing is we could have had him last year for a 4th round pick...

Comment

Isn't this the guy that just signed with the Browns last year? Sounds like a guy that you don't really want in your locker room, to me. Sounds like a quitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  Isn't this the guy that just signed with the Browns last year? Sounds like a guy that you don't really want in your locker room, to me. Sounds like a quitter
                  He actually went to Cleveland via trade after the Broncos almost nabbed him for a 4th round pick. He supposedly wants out of Cleveland because Eric Mangini has been dogging him around the team headquarters. He is no quitter and is one of the best 3-4 NT in the entire NFL. I would trade a 2nd round pick for him easily.
                  Last edited by d-bronx42; 02-24-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                    He actually went to Cleveland via trade after the Broncos almost nabbed him for a 4th round pick. He supposedly wants out of Cleveland because Eric Mangini has been dogging him around the team headquarters. He is no Quitter and is one of the best 3-4 NT in the entire NFL. I would trade a 2nd round pick for him easily.
                    lets see .... get brace with our second pick(if he falls in the second) or get a proven player for our second rounder. sounds good to me

Comment

Cleveland could entertain the idea of trading him, they have a better shot at getting Raji than we do and therefore they wouldn't be left with a gaping hole. He would be good value at 5 maybe better than a runningback (and especially if Curry is gone).

Also if Mangini is ragging him as an above poster said that might be a strong reason for the Browns to trade him.

I would do it for sure, I wanted to do it last year. I wanted Rogers, I wanted Jenkins, but instead we were left to settle with Robertson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                        Rodgers quits on his team too much for my liking. He is a top talent, but what good is it if he pouts during a big game.
                        I agree 100% So much talent such a waste due to ego and laziness. Shame

Comment

could be that he's a quitter or maybe hes tired of losing and wants to go to a team thats heading in the right direction like idk the broncos either way id be more than willing to trade a 2nd for him ;o
                          Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

A Pro Bowl quitter at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Odendahl View Post
                              I agree 100% So much talent such a waste due to ego and laziness. Shame
                              Apparently The Mangister, publicly snubbed him and has been running around the Browns area like Napoleon.

Comment

Working...
                              X