No announcement yet.

Shaun Rogers wants out of Cleveland...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Rogers wants out of Cleveland...

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that All-Pro NT Shaun Rogers has grown so "disenchanted" with the new Browns regime that he's asked the team to not exercise his $6 million March option bonus.
    The Browns deny Rogers demanded his release, but failing to pick up the bonus would make him a free agent. It would also cause Cleveland a $9.8 million cap hit. Eric Mangini has reportedly reached out to Rogers in hopes of changing his mind. The coach did the same in New York with Laveranues Coles, but clearly the Mangini-Kokonis era has gotten off to a rotten start.

Maybe we can land him after all @[email protected]

be aggressive since we werent before

Comment

It could work. Hed come cheaper than Haynesworth(which is way too expensive and Im glad teh Broncos arent going after him) and hes a pretty big guy. The only problem is that he most likely wouldnt be able to play every down.
      sigpic

Comment

What's his 40 time?

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
          What's his 40 time?
          5.28 in 2001. Almost a decade later, its probably around 10.28 LOL
          sigpic

Comment

Shaun Rogers would be awesome.

Comment

WHAT???????

Go after him??????

Remember the Cleveland game? He's a fat attitude, takes plays off and every year wants a bigger contract. That is why Detroit traded him because of his bad attitude and selfishness. Now one year in Cleveland and he's pulling the same BS. No way do I want him poisoning the Broncos clubhouse with his me first attitude.
              "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

No..no no no no no. No. Absolutely not.

Comment

There goes those people with the ''cancer to the locker Room'' talk....

Go see the sun or the moon, my god.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Some of Rogers' feelings stem back to two offseason incidents in which he believes Mangini disrespected him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and failed to say hello to Rogers. The next time, at a public charity function in which both men were in the green room, neither said hello to the other, and Mangini later said he didn't know Rogers was there."

LINK

He wants out because Mangini didn't go out of his way to say "Hi" to him. Do you honestly want a player that will want traded just because the Head Coach wasn't there at his beck and call?
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I would say NO thanks....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                        "Some of Rogers' feelings stem back to two offseason incidents in which he believes Mangini disrespected him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and failed to say hello to Rogers. The next time, at a public charity function in which both men were in the green room, neither said hello to the other, and Mangini later said he didn't know Rogers was there."

LINK

He wants out because Mangini didn't go out of his way to say "Hi" to him. Do you honestly want a player that will want traded just because the Head Coach wasn't there at his beck and call?
                        I call B.S. on Mangini!!!!! There is no way you are in a room with a man that is 6 foot 5 360 lbs and not know he is there.
                        sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                          I call B.S. on Mangini!!!!! There is no way you are in a room with a man that is 6 foot 5 360 lbs and not know he is there.
                          So Rogers has a legitimate reason to leave the team, since after all the Head Coach did not go out of hsi way to say hello to him in a crowded room? Utterly ridiculous. He wants more money now since Haynesworth is looking to get a big deal in free agency and he is jealous. So, he wants to go back out into the market and get even more money than he is currently signed for and this is just a smoke screen that he invented in order to accomplish that end. He is a greedy worm that does not deserve to play in the NFL.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

All i know is that Rogers was the best thing the Browns had on D last season, 76 tackles and 4.5 sacks out of the DT spot aint bad, id take him if he became a FA.
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                              All i know is that Rogers was the best thing the Browns had on D last season, 76 tackles and 4.5 sacks out of the DT spot aint bad, id take him if he became a FA.
                              So would I. It would mean that we could avoid Raji (if he was available) and trade down (perhaps with Philly) to get an extra 2nd round pick.

2010's draft is loaded with star DT talent, so we could groom a replacement for Shaun when that happens.

Jarron Gilbert + Sean Smith + ... hell maybe even Ron Brace, would be nice if that was possible... too bad they're all shooting up the draft boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X