Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucs Released Cato June, Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs Released Cato June, Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn!

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2117

Buccaneers released RB Warrick Dunn, LB Derrick Brooks, WR Joey Galloway, WR Ike Hilliard, and LB Cato June.

New GM Mark Dominik is not messing around. The names will be startling for Bucs fans, but June is the only name that surprises us. Dunn, Brooks, and Galloway's salaries exceeded their production at this stage of their careers. Dunn looked re-born playing with Tampa last season (1,116 total yards), and his great character should help get him interest on the market as a third-down back.
    (sorry for making another thread......but the news keeps coming )

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

The old Bronco scheme I woulda died to get Cato June or Derrick Brooks. But obviously they dont fit the scheme. Looks like they trying to fix some room for Albert, bc they gotta contend with Dan Snyder lol
    sigpic

Comment

If this was youtube I would subscribe to you and all your post (actually that might exist on this board ) What is your opinion on the new FA's. Any interest you? I wonder if Cato June can add anything to our team? Does Joey have anything left?

Wouldn't mind having Dunn here. Very good character player.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
        The old Bronco scheme I woulda died to get Cato June or Derrick Brooks. But obviously they dont fit the scheme. Looks like they trying to fix some room for Albert, bc they gotta contend with Dan Snyder lol
        seems like it....looks like the biggest players for Haynesworth are the Bucs and Redskins :salute!:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2117

(sorry for making another thread......but the news keeps coming )
          Those are 3 big parts of the Bucs squad. I thought Brooks would have retired a Buc, but hey I thought Elam was a Bronco for life as well:go:

I don't think there is going to be a market for any of them they are all old and have lost the speed to play at a high level like in their past.

maybe Woodyard being traded to the Bucs is a better option now with Brooks gone?

Comment

Lol can this be 2 defenses in a row that Bates messes up. Bates aint a patient man, likes to just rip apart a sucessful defense in one off season.
            sigpic

Comment

I just cant see Brooks playing anywhere else
              sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                Lol can this be 2 defenses in a row that Bates messes up. Bates aint a patient man, likes to just rip apart a sucessful defense in one off season.
                You forgot the wildcard, and that is this time he doesn't have Bob Slowik as his assistant to help mess everything up. I don't expect the bucs defense to be dominant, but they will sure as hell be better than 29th or whatever we finished under Bates.

Comment

Brooks and Dunn...Maybe they can start a country/western career together?

Comment

Anyone read that article in SI about Brooks like..last november/december? Pretty cool...but yeah he wont fit the scheme

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo56 View Post
                      Those are 3 big parts of the Bucs squad. I thought Brooks would have retired a Buc, but hey I thought Elam was a Bronco for life as well:go:

I don't think there is going to be a market for any of them they are all old and have lost the speed to play at a high level like in their past.

maybe Woodyard being traded to the Bucs is a better option now with Brooks gone?
                      they got rid of Cato June because he was too small........why would they want Wesley Woodyard?

sigpic

Comment

Enough with the trade Woodyard B.S.

He was undrafted!!! Which means the Buc's passed on his 7 or so times. What makes you think they would give up a draft pick for him???? He has no trade value. Think people.

Comment

no idea if june can rejuvinate his career but brooks and dunn are old aged veterans who should probably just retire already
                          sigpic

Comment

Dang... too bad we're going to a 3-4. Brooks or June really don't fit into a 3-4 scheme.

Comment

Working...
                            X