Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward becoming a BUC!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ward becoming a BUC!!!!

    Giants beat writer Mike Garafalo passes along old Combine buzz that he heard the Bucs would offer free agent Derrick Ward $15 million over four years.

    The deal would include $8M guaranteed. Ward and agent Drew Rosenhaus will do their best to find more money, but Tampa would be a solid fit. He'd be the favorite for third-down work and probably split early-down carries with Earnest Graham. Ward dynasty owners should still hope the Bengals step up.
    sigpic Adopted By:

  • #2
    Wow. We REALLY lost on this one.

    Fresh legs, and a good price for his production.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Momentum View Post
      Wow. We REALLY lost on this one.

      Fresh legs, and a good price for his production.
      Say it with me, Hillis time baby!!!
      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't care who it is just friggin stay healthy and DO WORK!
        sigpic

        Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
          Say it with me, Hillis time baby!!!
          Say it with me, Hillis is a fullback!!!!
          sigpic

          Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
            Say it with me, Hillis is a fullback!!!!
            Over 50% of this board disagrees.

            He can play both positions depending on our formations!
            FB in the FEW power I's we run and be our singleback in the many spread formations we will most likely use.
            Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
              Over 50% of this board disagrees.

              He can play both positions depending on our formations!
              FB in the FEW power I's we run and be our singleback in the many spread formations we will most likely use.
              That doesnt make it right. Hillis has never had as many as 70 carries in a season since high school. That would mean starting week 4 he would be at career high levels. Do you really want to see if this guy can stay healthy for the remaining 12 games? Or how bad he is going to wear down? He couldnt even stay healthy in his run as starter last year and that was a 3 game stretch only 1 of which he broke 100. Look he looked nice as a fill in and is a good player for us to have. However he is not a starting rb nor the man in this league
              sigpic

              Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                That doesnt make it right. Hillis has never had as many as 70 carries in a season since high school. That would mean starting week 4 he would be at career high levels. Do you really want to see if this guy can stay healthy for the remaining 12 games? Or how bad he is going to wear down? He couldnt even stay healthy in his run as starter last year and that was a 3 game stretch only 1 of which he broke 100. Look he looked nice as a fill in and is a good player for us to have. However he is not a starting rb nor the man in this league
                I am so sick of guys refering to his injury. Injuries happen all the time in football. Not to mention that was a freak accident on a amazingly athletic play. Anyone who cannot see the potential Hillis has in all facets of the offense are clearly blinded by ignorance.

                To say he is going to break down after 70 carries is ludicrous. Again, the injury, was a freak play. Get over it. Hillis is going to get the oppurtunity to compete for the starting job. He is produces in the red zone and that is what the offense must have.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoRy View Post
                  I am so sick of guys refering to his injury. Injuries happen all the time in football. Not to mention that was a freak accident on a amazingly athletic play. Anyone who cannot see the potential Hillis has in all facets of the offense are clearly blinded by ignorance.

                  To say he is going to break down after 70 carries is ludicrous. Again, the injury, was a freak play. Get over it. Hillis is going to get the oppurtunity to compete for the starting job. He is produces in the red zone and that is what the offense must have.

                  At best he is going to be thunder to somebodys lightning. He will never be a 20 carrie a game guy. He is a bruiser and is going to take alot of hits. I think the front office has already shown he will not be the MAN by agreeing to terms with Buchalter and Arrington pending physicals and showing interest in Ward
                  sigpic

                  Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                    That doesnt make it right. Hillis has never had as many as 70 carries in a season since high school. That would mean starting week 4 he would be at career high levels. Do you really want to see if this guy can stay healthy for the remaining 12 games? Or how bad he is going to wear down? He couldnt even stay healthy in his run as starter last year and that was a 3 game stretch only 1 of which he broke 100. Look he looked nice as a fill in and is a good player for us to have. However he is not a starting rb nor the man in this league
                    You can say that about every single player coming out of college who might not have had an amazing college career. Does not mean they are bad, look at Brady and Cassel, Cassel never played a snap at QB since HS before starting this season under McDaniels, your logic is greatly flawed.
                    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                      At best he is going to be thunder to somebodys lightning. He will never be a 20 carrie a game guy. He is a bruiser and is going to take alot of hits. I think the front office has already shown he will not be the MAN by agreeing to terms with Buchalter and Arrington pending physicals and showing interest in Ward
                      Buchalter is runnong on his last few ligaments in both his knee's after missing redic amounts of time in the past few years due to injuries. If you think he is any better than Hillis what proof does he have that he can be an every down back in the NFL when he has never had to carry the load yet and is 31, same goes to Ward.. your logic is only applying to what you personally want to believe it seems.
                      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                        Over 50% of this board disagrees.

                        He can play both positions depending on our formations!
                        FB in the FEW power I's we run and be our singleback in the many spread formations we will most likely use.
                        agreed.....
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Buckhalter is a short yardage insurance acquisition in my opinion. Due to Torrain and Hillis both suffering injuries the Broncos have to have a power back in the fold. I think McDaniels clearly likes to have power backs to help keep the chains moving.

                          The JJ Arrington signing looks like McD is getting a younger version of Kevin Faulk though Arrington has to produce but apparently McD believes he can make him into our third down back on passing downs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                            Buchalter is runnong on his last few ligaments in both his knee's after missing redic amounts of time in the past few years due to injuries. If you think he is any better than Hillis what proof does he have that he can be an every down back in the NFL when he has never had to carry the load yet and is 31, same goes to Ward.. your logic is only applying to what you personally want to believe it seems.
                            I didnt say any of them was going to be the man. I am saying at best Hillis will be in a time share with one of them
                            sigpic

                            Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              4 year /15 mill seems pretty cheap for ward

                              he seems like he could be another michael turner
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X