Mike Vrabel to KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Vrabel to KC

Just saw on nfl net. That mike Vrabel is in k.c. undergoing a physical to be traded to chiefs
    sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Mike Vrabel Aaron Curry Derrick Johnson and one more LB scares the crap out of me.
    sigpic

Comment

what would the Chiefs give for that dude? a 2nd LOL
      Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

weei in boston is saying it might be a precursor to a cassel trade to carolina for julius peppers

Comment

here is a link

The Chiefs have agreed to acquire Mike Vrabel from the Patriots for an undisclosed draft pick, pending a physical.

As friendly a trade as you'll see. Bill Belichick and buddy Chiefs GM Scott Pioli both know Vrabel's strengths and weaknesses, and his leadership is worth more to the young Chiefs. He'll help be a coach on the field as Kansas City installs their 3-4 defense to a young crew. Vrabel is no longer a league average every-down player, so we suspect he'll focus on rushing the passer. He was due for a lesser role in New England, who will go young at a thin OLB spot. Feb. 27 - 2:24 pm et
          sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

Thanks va bronco. I know its important to put links when you start threads. I post from a cellphone most of the time just cuz its so convienant. And I haven't tried to put links in my threads yet. I know its easy. A cell phone might be a little different.
            sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

vrabel kinda fell off last season

but we all know what he's capable of when healthy

if he's healthy in 09, you're talking about a jared allen doppleganger, just older
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                weei in boston is saying it might be a precursor to a cassel trade to carolina for julius peppers
                that sounds about right

you have to figure they have peppers in mind

i remember posting at the pats forum saying all they'd need to do is move vrabel, if they were serious about getting pepers via a trade

i still think cassell is a system qb though who will fail outside of NE, so if they can trade cassell for peppers, it looks like NE's about to screw yet another team haha
                sigpic

Comment

I like the trade idea but wish they'd away with undisclosed draft picks.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                    that sounds about right

you have to figure they have peppers in mind

i remember posting at the pats forum saying all they'd need to do is move vrabel, if they were serious about getting pepers via a trade

i still think cassell is a system qb though who will fail outside of NE, so if they can trade cassell for peppers, it looks like NE's about to screw yet another team haha
                    New England is going to be beastly if they get Peppers.

Imagine what we thought of Brady and Big Bill when they won 3 of 4 Super Bowls. Add in Randy Moss and Peppers, plus Welker and a Defensive Rookie of the Year, among other pieces, and it's almost like Madden.

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
                      New England is going to be beastly if they get Peppers.

Imagine what we thought of Brady and Big Bill when they won 3 of 4 Super Bowls. Add in Randy Moss and Peppers, plus Welker and a Defensive Rookie of the Year, among other pieces, and it's almost like Madden.
                      gotta hand it to BB and that system, they just plug and play, they seem to be able to take anyone and make them look great up there

i truely believe if cassell would have had a full camp going into 08 , or if brady wouldn'thave got hurt, we'd have been looking at another pats playoff team last year and likely a 14-2 one at that or better.

if you break down the numbers of how the team gelled with cassell over the span of the season, it was scary, and really makes me believe that any qb in NE, given a full training camp and preseason as the #1 qb, would take that team to the playoffs...any qb, even brad johnson.

the sacks they allowed on cassell and how that number diminished once they all got acclimated with each other, is some kind of amazing.

his numbers given the sacks, were actually better than brady's 1st year starting.

these are reasons i believe NE = the perfect system.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X