its official Dawkins is a Bronco!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its official Dawkins is a Bronco!!!!

I realize we need two safeties who can play NOW. And I believe we need to draft one safety atleast or two if Nolan etal... don't believe we have even one guy worth grooming on our current roster [which may be the case].

BUT

Dawkins is not only a head knocker and wily veteran who understands how to make up for any lost speed with his wit and guile [like a certain 47]; but he is an inspiring player. He WILLS the men around him to bring their game up. He leads by both example and a commanding presence. He's not much different from our old friend Dennis Smith. And If I was going to bring back any old DBs to help out the new kids, Smith would certainly be part of that school!! Bring in Dawkins as part of our safety solution.
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
    I realize we need two safeties who can play NOW. And I believe we need to draft one safety atleast or two if Nolan etal... don't believe we have even one guy worth grooming on our current roster [which may be the case].

BUT

Dawkins is not only a head knocker and wily veteran who understands how to make up for any lost speed with his wit and guile [like a certain 47]; but he is an inspiring player. He WILLS the men around him to bring their game up. He leads by both example and a commanding presence. He's not much different from our old friend Dennis Smith. And If I was going to bring back any old DBs to help out the new kids, Smith would certainly be part of that school!! Bring in Dawkins as part of our safety solution.
    I would love his leadership on this team even if it was for only a couple of years.

Comment

I would sign him to a one year contract at the most. He's old and probably has only two more good years left in him. I would bet anything he stays in Philly though.

Comment

Wouldn't mind him at all.

Sign him to a deal similar to what Lynch signed with us. 3 years, $9 mil.
        sigpic

Comment

...the Dawkins bandwagon ENDS here.

Not sure why we need a 35 yr old safety...

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post

The same reason we needed John Lynch. We need a overrated cover saftey (at this point in his career) with great run stopping abilites, HEART and leadership.
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Honestly, IF he does hit the market, decides not to retire, and comes for a decent price, there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't at least bring him in for a visit and see what he's looking for in a team.

I think he'd take pride in trying to help us turn our defense around, and he'd be a great run stopper. I'd be excited to see him in a Bronco uniform.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                I would sign him to a one year contract at the most. He's old and probably has only two more good years left in him. I would bet anything he stays in Philly though.
                Tend to agree here. I think his leadership and ability to fire up a team would be just what this D needs. But I don't think he will leave Philly, he means too much to that team and to the fans. He's a favorite even when he blows coverage. He's meant more that team than just his production and I think he will be back in Philly and finish his career out there. But that's just my opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post

I'll agree with this one. He's old.

Now if he comes to Denver for peanuts bring him in for 2 years. Otherwise, pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                    Tend to agree here. I think his leadership and ability to fire up a team would be just what this D needs. But I don't think he will leave Philly, he means too much to that team and to the fans. He's a favorite even when he blows coverage. He's meant more that team than just his production and I think he will be back in Philly and finish his career out there. But that's just my opinion.
                    The same could be said about a handful of players, but they moved on.

John Lynch, Brett Favre, etc.

I know there's more that have changed teams recently, but I honestly can't think of anyone.

So I'll just stick by John Lynch and Brett Favre. Haha.
                    sigpic

Comment

Brian Dawkins/Ray Lewis???

I know that Brian Dawkins is old and that he wants to stay in Philly but he was extremely productive last year.

Dawkins - 6'1" 210lbs had 75 Tackles 3 Sacks 6 Forced Fumbles and 1 Int

Signing him to a 2 year contract would be a good move in my mind!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Pairing him with Ray Lewis would give us 2 Veteran Defensive Players to help turn around the Defense.

I know it isn't realistic but we need quality Defensive Players.

Comment

--->

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          --->
                          IDK what that means, but as much as I harped on him for his mocks I wouldn't mind getting these two if they didn't demand a redic contract , I think Lewis' contract demands may be too high but Dawkins might not since he is older and might only have a few seasons left in him.
                          Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                            IDK what that means, but as much as I harped on him for his mocks I wouldn't mind getting these two if they didn't demand a redic contract , I think Lewis' contract demands may be too high but Dawkins might not since he is older and might only have a few seasons left in him.
                            Lewis wants an outrageous amount of money considering his age. So no to him. And for years and years we've brought in old safeties to try and help us out and the only one that has panned out is my man John Lynch. So no to Dawkins (he's going to re-sign with Eagles pretty soon i bet)

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I think that if Denver can fix it's Defense (which was rated 29th or 30th) to a top 15 defense that we could easily win 3 more games.

at 8-8 and a very good Offense , Denver could easily be contending EVERY YEAR if we fix the Defense.

Signing Ray Lewis and Brian Dawkins would give us 2 Impact Players. If we had both these guys on the team this year I would bet we didn't finish 8-8!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X