Kenny Peterson Staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
    None of those guys have proven a thing, let alone that they can play 3-4 DE. Tyson Jackson is very draftable to us, don't be surprised if he's the pick.
    I think the problem is that we are unproven in many areas, so don't be surprised if Maualuga is the pick either. We could go in many directions as we are in a rebuilding mode, which I know that you already know.
    sigpic

Comment

Peterson and McDaniels were High School Teammates

Interestingly, Peterson is the only holdover who knows McDaniels. The two were actually high school teammates in Canton, Ohio. McDaniels was a senior and Peterson was a freshman.
      http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...cy-frenzy.html

Lol little hometown help maybe? But I think Peterson deserve to stay.
      sigpic

Comment

I love KP he is a good quality back up and i think he has the talent to start at DE. good to see he is back!
        Lets GO Broncos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-o-Lantern View Post
          I think the problem is that we are unproven in many areas, so don't be surprised if Maualuga is the pick either. We could go in many directions as we are in a rebuilding mode, which I know that you already know.

I still believe Malouga is the best pick here, and then maybe pick Ron Brace or Sintim in the second round. It looks like they may not take a RB in this draft, which means they can address the major defensive needs for example

1. ILB
          2. NT
          3.OLB/DE
          4.CB
          5. S
          5. OLB/DE
          6. OG
          7. QB
          7. OT
          Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 03-05-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
            I've long been on record of saying that 3-4 DEs generally do not go in the Top 20 selections, let alone #12, due to the fact it's not an impact position in a 3-4 defense. While I don't really view our DE position to be settled or manned by excellent players, if we could tap one more guy, maybe Vonnie Holiday or Kevin Carter for a year or two, we'll be relatively well off with all the competition and depth.

I still think the best draft value if we stay at #12 will be a secondary prospect, such as Malcolm Jenkins, Vontae Davis, or Sean Smith. I think the best player available might be Knowshon Moreno, but it does not appear we'll be going the RB route. The only other options I see are Everette Brown, Brian Cushing, or a reach for Larry English or Tyson Jackson.
            I like larry english alot he is probably at this point my favorite prospect. it would be a reach. But its been known to happen.

I like Jackson and to steal him away from most likely the chargers would be great. although i think we should pass on him this year. there is some great 3-4 guys in next years draft.

Heck at this point if we can get a SOLB, Holiday, and NT i would almost like to see us trade out of one and pick up a 2nd or a 3rd and a first next year.
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
            X