Theoretical trade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoretical trade...

So lets say Mcdonalds simply doesnt think cutler has the attitude/tools to run this offense and he does seek a trade. What would you guys think about a trade with the lions that would look something like this

Lions get:

-Cutler
    -Marshall

Broncos get:

-Calvin Johnson
    -1st Round Pick (20th)
    -3rd Round Pick

This would give the lions two young players to build their offense around and would give the broncos an equal playmaker at the WR position along with picks that could be used either at the QB position or defense. They could also look into a temp QB to run the offense this year and target one of the many QB prospects that will be coming out in 2010.

Would you guys be livid with this trade? Or happy? Personally, I dont want cutler to leave, however, calvin johnson is a stud at the wideout position and I think those two picks would be fair compensation. Once again this is entirely hypothetical. I dont think Cutler would be traded so save the "OMG its not going to happen" I was just talking with a buddy and we figured this would be an acceptable trade if it were to happen. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Nrj489 View Post
    So lets say Mcdonalds simply doesnt think cutler has the attitude/tools to run this offense and he does seek a trade. What would you guys think about a trade with the lions that would look something like this

Lions get:

-Cutler
    -Marshall

Broncos get:

-Calvin Johnson
    -1st Round Pick (20th)
    -3rd Round Pick

This would give the lions two young players to build their offense around and would give the broncos an equal playmaker at the WR position along with picks that could be used either at the QB position or defense. They could also look into a temp QB to run the offense this year and target one of the many QB prospects that will be coming out in 2010.

Would you guys be livid with this trade? Or happy? Personally, I dont want cutler to leave, however, calvin johnson is a stud at the wideout position and I think those two picks would be fair compensation. Once again this is entirely hypothetical. I dont think Cutler would be traded so save the "OMG its not going to happen" I was just talking with a buddy and we figured this would be an acceptable trade if it were to happen. Thoughts?

GO TO BED ! THE TRADE TALKS OVER!
    sigpic
    Champ is the UBBER CB!

Comment

i don't see them trading Calvin Johnson at all
      Please insert a sig here.

laziness isn't healthy :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Revy View Post
        i don't see them trading Calvin Johnson at all
        wow....

Comment

Jeramiahs right, you need some sleep man.
          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Enough trade Cutler threads for one week. Save it for next season.
            --BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK!

"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"
            sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
            RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
            RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
            RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
            RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
            RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
            RD 7: NO

Comment

Even if that was a real trade we'd be idiots to do it.

Lets say Calvin Johnson and Marshall cancel out. (though I like Calvin slighly more)

This is stating that Jay Cutler is worth

-1st Round Pick (20th)
              -3rd Round Pick

That in itself is preposterous.

Most 1st round QB's don't pan out... in fact most QB's in general don't pan out.

Philip Rivers draft class was a very rare exception due to the success of Eli, Ben and to a recent statistical extent, Rivers. None of them look to be Hall of Famers yet, as both Eli and Ben were basically carried by their defenses (Ben especially).

Comment

Working...
              X