Torry Holt wants out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torry Holt wants out

Not that we need him, but would rather have him here than TO or Marvin. Would really like some more defense though.

Seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt has asked the St. Louis Rams for his release, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported, citing league sources.

Holt, who has one year left on his current contract, is due a roster bonus of $1.25 million on March 17, making it unlikely he'll remain on the roster beyond that date. The Rams could trade him between now and then. But a number of other free-agent wide receivers have already signed deals, limiting the remaining market.

Trading or releasing Holt would save the Rams $8 million on the salary cap this season, according to the report.

Holt, 32, is currently 11th in NFL history in career receptions, with 869, and 14th all-time in career receiving yards with 12,660. His 817 receptions for 11,872 yards are the most of any receiver this decade, and his 80.1 average yards per game is the most for any receiver in league history.

But 2008 was a down year in every way for Holt, who saw his string of eight 1,000-yard seasons snapped as the Rams struggled to a 2-14 record and fired coach Scott Linehan after four games. He caught 64 passes for 796 yards and a career-low three touchdowns in 2008.

Holt could not be reached for comment on Wednesday, while Rams GM Billy Devaney said "Our only comment is no comment," the Post-Dispatch reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3954188

Here´s a picture of Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce,
    what are they clones?
    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

Holt won't be a #1 or #2 WR here... and at 32 I think he's lost a step or two. Yea, the Rams sucked last season, but Holt wasn't exactly getting open either. 3 TD's all of last year.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by giocatore4 View Post
        Not that we need him, but would rather have him here than TO or Marvin. Would really like some more defense though.

Seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt has asked the St. Louis Rams for his release, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported, citing league sources.

Holt, who has one year left on his current contract, is due a roster bonus of $1.25 million on March 17, making it unlikely he'll remain on the roster beyond that date. The Rams could trade him between now and then. But a number of other free-agent wide receivers have already signed deals, limiting the remaining market.

Trading or releasing Holt would save the Rams $8 million on the salary cap this season, according to the report.

Holt, 32, is currently 11th in NFL history in career receptions, with 869, and 14th all-time in career receiving yards with 12,660. His 817 receptions for 11,872 yards are the most of any receiver this decade, and his 80.1 average yards per game is the most for any receiver in league history.

But 2008 was a down year in every way for Holt, who saw his string of eight 1,000-yard seasons snapped as the Rams struggled to a 2-14 record and fired coach Scott Linehan after four games. He caught 64 passes for 796 yards and a career-low three touchdowns in 2008.

Holt could not be reached for comment on Wednesday, while Rams GM Billy Devaney said "Our only comment is no comment," the Post-Dispatch reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3954188
        Now that's a free agent signing I can get behind. Forget TO and his antics, or Braylon Edwards and his stone hands. Tori can still play at a high enough level to play as the third wideout on our team and would help stretch defenses.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Lets trade our 1st, 2nd, & 3rd picks for him! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
            If he's cut we don't have to trade crap for him.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Wow... Please tell me your joking... Yea trade our 1st for a 32 year old wr

JK but in all honesty depending on the asking price I wouldnt mind a 5 wr set of Marshall Royal stokes Gaffney and Holt hell even schefler if hes not traded wouldnt be too bad in there
              sigpic
              Props to Charger$ for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFan209x View Post
                Wow... Please tell me your joking... Yea trade our 1st for a 32 year old wr

JK but in all honesty depending on the asking price I wouldnt mind a 5 wr set of Marshall Royal stokes Gaffney and Holt hell even schefler if hes not traded wouldnt be too bad in there

I wasn't joking, just did it on madden...

Holt would go to somewhere like Seatle, division rival if I'm correct. They still need help at WR. Even though they just signed TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                  If he's cut we don't have to trade crap for him.
                  I was just kidding. :salute!:

Comment

softest hands in the nfl baby!

Comment

Would love to see Holt in a Denver uniform. McD uses the spread and would actually hold on to the balll unlike stonehands Marshall.

Comment

Add Cutler in there too; 1st, 2nd, 3rd, AND Cutler. Fair trade!
                        --BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK!

"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"
                        sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
                        RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                        RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
                        RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
                        RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                        RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                        RD 7: NO

Comment

Working...