Mock draft-Broncos trading down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock draft-Broncos trading down

Broncos trades 12th overall pick for early 2nd round pick and late first round pick

1. Sean Smith- CB, Utah
    2. Ron Brace- NT, Boston College
    2. Connor Barwin -OLB/DE Cincinnati
    3. Chip Vaughn- S Wakeforest
    4. Keenan Lewis- CB, Oregon State
    5. Lawrence Sidbury- OLB/DE Richmond
    5. Chase Daniel-QB, Missouri
    6. Ian Johnson- RB, Boise State
    7. Luis Vasquez- OG Texas Tech
    7. Louie Sakoda- K Utah
    Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 03-05-2009, 09:09 PM.

The last thing we need to take with our first pick is a Corner...

I dunno if English will be there at the 44th pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post

Yeah wishful thinking i just revised it.

Comment

I actually like Sean Smith . One of the scouting magazines said he would excel in the AFC West with all the tall WR's. So , I definetely don't mind the pick but feel OLB is more important.

Overall I like you picks!!!

Good job

Comment

We don't have the 44th pick we have the 48th

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
          OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
          BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
          John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

I like the revised draft a lot more but I'm not sure about Rey anymore. We're about set in the middle with Andra Davis and DJ Williams and he didn't do anything to impress me at the combine. I'd rather pray Orakpo follows to us but in the likely case he doesn't, grab Everette Brown.

Comment

I like the revised draft a lot more but I'm not sure about Rey anymore. We're about set in the middle with Andra Davis and DJ Williams and he didn't do anything to impress me at the combine. I'd rather pray Orakpo follows to us but in the likely case he doesn't, grab Everette Brown.

Lawrence Sidbury
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPydgMoTs04

Connor Barwin
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79CJdrxZbo

alot of value in this draft

Comment

what team has a late first round and early second round pick?
                Backing Eric Berry as Broncos #1 Pick 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                  Lawrence Sidbury

Connor Barwin

alot of value in this draft
                  Watching those videos, I see two raw players with a lot of talent that need a bit of coaching to reach their potential. Of the two, I think I like Barwin a bit better, but maybe that's only because there was footage of more games and I got to see a bit more variety in what he can do and against whom. If we're looking to get an OLB that can start right away, I'm not sure they are the way to go, but I wouldn't mind picking up one of them to go with someone like Brown. I'd be cool with Brown in the first, and Sidbury somewhere later on. Anybody know where he's projected to go?
                  sigpic

Comment

just wondering how orakpo impressed you enough to take him at 12 during the combine but rey didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                      Watching those videos, I see two raw players with a lot of talent that need a bit of coaching to reach their potential. Of the two, I think I like Barwin a bit better, but maybe that's only because there was footage of more games and I got to see a bit more variety in what he can do and against whom. If we're looking to get an OLB that can start right away, I'm not sure they are the way to go, but I wouldn't mind picking up one of them to go with someone like Brown. I'd be cool with Brown in the first, and Sidbury somewhere later on. Anybody know where he's projected to go?
                      If we were looking at Barwin as a 4-3 DE, I would agree he would need at least a year to work on technique; however, almost any DE we take to play OLB is going to need time. There will be a learning curve.

Barwin has an athleticism that you can not teach. His success at DE, after playing TE before that, only goes to show how adaptable he is. He is a smart kid, and we have a great LB coach. I think he will most likely pick up the nuances of OLB in a 3-4 than a lot of guys ranked higher than him.

I think he is on the Pats radar at #23, he is everything mike Vrabel was to them and they can afford to work him in slowly.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                        I think he is on the Pats radar at #23, he is everything mike Vrabel was to them and they can afford to work him in slowly.
                        I agree with everything you said, but this is the part that is key here. The Pats have time to work him in as an OLB, but we really don't. I think that's why I'd rather see us take the kid out of Richmond in a later round and a more likely starter in 1 or 2. Problem is, it will probably be hard to find someone who can start immediately at OLB, which is something I feel like we need. I like someone like Sintim who has experience, but I'm concerned he'll be useless in coverage. We might be better off with Cushing (if he tests out ok with the 'roids from the combine).

This all makes me glad I'm not an NFL scout. Their job makes mine look like a cakewalk.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                          Barwin has an athleticism that you can not teach. His success at DE, after playing TE before that, only goes to show how adaptable he is. He is a smart kid, and we have a great LB coach. I think he will most likely pick up the nuances of OLB in a 3-4 than a lot of guys ranked higher than him.
                          What the hell, looking at it again, I might be ok if we trade back in front of NE and take him in the early 20's range. I sort of forgot about Martindale, so maybe Barwin can make the transition quickly. I think I'm more nervous about OLB than NT, especially with the Fields signing. I think if we can nab Mike Wright, we'd be in pretty decent rotational shape for at least this season. All I see at OLB are a bunch of guys who have proven nothing at the position so far. Erk.
                          sigpic

Comment

This is how i rate the pass rushers in this draft

1. Aaron Curry
                            2. Everette Brown
                            3. Larry English
                            4. Brian Orakpo

Trade Idea- Why don't we trade the 12th pick in the draft to Philadephia, who need help at Tackle and would want to trade up.

Swap the 12th pick for Philadephia 21st pick and then select Larry English. In compensation recieve Philadephia second round pick, and then trade the 2nd round pick with a 4th round pick to New England for the 34th overall pick to select Sean Smith, who is projected to go in the late 1st round, early second.
                            Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 03-06-2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Geez, i am watching Sean Smith right now, the more i see of him, the more i want him drafted by the broncos, 6foot 3 CB, former wide reciever, his ball skills are out of this world.

Comment

Working...
                              X