Mock draft-Broncos trading down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJuan View Post
    just wondering how orakpo impressed you enough to take him at 12 during the combine but rey didnt.
    Did you look at the combine numbers?

He had the most bench press reps of any LB, had the 6th best 40 time among LB's despite being 265 pounds, and had the highest vertical jump of any LB.

Mauluga showed up out of shape at the Senior bowl AND at the Combine and ran a 4.91 and pulled a hamstring.

He showed to be stronger, faster, and more athletic than Rey. Had he been able to participate in the other drills he would have showed tremendous athletic prowess in them as well.
    Last edited by Hoserman117; 03-06-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post

He had the most bench press reps of any LB, had the 6th best 40 time among LB's despite being 265 pounds, and had the highest vertical jump of any LB.

Mauluga showed up out of shape at the Senior bowl AND at the Combine and ran a 4.91 and pulled a hamstring.

He showed to be stronger, faster, and more athletic than Rey. Had he been able to participate in the other drills he would have showed tremendous athletic prowess in them as well.
      Well, he actually was in the D-Line grouping at the combine, which makes some of his numbers even more impressive, specifically the bench press of 31 reps. I think his 40 time was around 4.7, which would still have been one of the leaders for LB's. He also had a 39 inch vertical, which is crazy.

I would love it if Orakpo fell to us, which is not likely, but if not I am hoping we can still land Raji or at the least Cushing. I know you don't like it, but I am thinking I would almost rather have Gibbert if Raji or Orakpo aren't available.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Tony Sheffler is on the trading block, maybe trade Sheffler and 48th round pick to Philadephia for there 21st round pick. And then select

12th pick- Everette Brown
        21st pick- Larry English

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
          Broncos trades 12th overall pick for early 2nd round pick and late first round pick

1. Sean Smith- CB, Utah
          2. Ron Brace- NT, Boston College
          2. Connor Barwin -OLB/DE Cincinnati
          3. Chip Vaughn- S Wakeforest
          4. Keenan Lewis- CB, Oregon State
          5. Lawrence Sidbury- OLB/DE Richmond
          5. Chase Daniel-QB, Missouri
          6. Ian Johnson- RB, Boise State
          7. Luis Vasquez- OG Texas Tech
          7. Louie Sakoda- K Utah

I like Brace in the 2nd, but I don't think he will fall that far. Additionally, with the recent FA acquisitions I don't think CB in the first is a very good idea for the Broncos. I firmly believe the first player the Broncos draft will be a contributor to the front seven, and even probably 3 out of the first 4.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post

he actually ran a 4.83 coming up lame in the last 8 yeards. so just imagine if he wasnt running on a bad hammy i saying he would of been closer to a 4.6. the difference is if we take rey he knows how to play the position he will play less chance of being a bust. with orakpo he will have to learn a new position so who knows if he can play it or not.

Comment

I would be very happy if your draft happened.

A couple of stretches. Connor Barwin is now projected as early as New England in 1st round. He doubtfully makes it to our 2nd Round Pick.

Lawerence Sidbury is 3rd Round Pick not 5th.

But if your draft happened. It WOULD BE AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                Tony Sheffler is on the trading block, maybe trade Sheffler and 48th round pick to Philadephia for there 21st round pick. And then select

12th pick- Everette Brown
                21st pick- Larry English
                i dont think scheffler has that much value...
                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                vs.
                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Working...
                X