My "No Trades" Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "No Trades" Mock

A lot of people don't like it whenever I do a mock with trades, so I decided to do one without any. There a couple of falls, but this is how I hope it would go down.

1.) Everette Brown, OLB First off, I think it's fairly likely that he goes to Buffalo at 11, but he could be available. He has the ablity to be a great pass-rusher and fills a huge need.

2.) Jarron Gilbert, DE This is also a fall, but I'm hoping there's a run on OLBs and Safeties, along with a few others. Gilbert is a freakish athlete with a lot of potential. Alternate: Ziggy Hood

3.) Jasper Brinkley, ILB One of my favorite players in the draft, Brinkley has all the tools to be great. Hopefully he is still available here.

4.) Sammie Lee Hill, NT Our NT to groom, he's a project.

5a.) Glenn Coffee, RB A change-of-pace, receiving back that could do well in the spread

5b.) Courtney Greene, S Disappeared his senior year, but showed potential his junior year. He might go before this, but with the amount of mid-round safeties I think he might be available.

6.) Dallas Reynolds, OL This is really best OL available, but I think Reynolds might be it. He's versatile and would be good depth.

7a and b.) BPA Whoever makes a surprise fall, last year we got Hillis and Barrett, and Hillis has been great while Barrett showed some potential. It'd be nice to do the same thing again.

Let me know what you think.:salute!:
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

i would give it a B-
    sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

A+. Those first three picks would be fantastic. I believe all three of them will be studs in the NFL.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bowie Man;2632804]A lot of people don't like it whenever I do a mock with trades, so I decided to do one without any. There a couple of falls, but this is how I hope it would go down.

1.) Everette Brown, OLB First off, I think it's fairly likely that he goes to Buffalo at 11, but he could be available. He has the ablity to be a great pass-rusher and fills a huge need.

2.) Jarron Gilbert, DE This is also a fall, but I'm hoping there's a run on OLBs and Safeties, along with a few others. Gilbert is a freakish athlete with a lot of potential. Alternate: Ziggy Hood

3.) Jasper Brinkley, ILB One of my favorite players in the draft, Brinkley has all the tools to be great. Hopefully he is still available here.

4.) Sammie Lee Hill, NT Our NT to groom, he's a project.

5a.) Glenn Coffee, RB A change-of-pace, receiving back that could do well in the spread

5b.) Courtney Greene, S Disappeared his senior year, but showed potential his junior year. He might go before this, but with the amount of mid-round safeties I think he might be available.

6.) Dallas Reynolds, OL This is really best OL available, but I think Reynolds might be it. He's versatile and would be good depth.

7a and b.) BPA Whoever makes a surprise fall, last year we got Hillis and Barrett, and Hillis has been great while Barrett showed some potential. It'd be nice to do the same thing again.

Let me know what you think.:salute!:[/QUOTE

I think Gibbert has a higher ceiling than Brown does. I would actually prefer him with the 12th pick over Brown. If Orakpo isn't available I think we should draft Gibbert. The guy is an athletic freak and someone will be smart enough in the top 20 to grab him.

I also like Brinkley in the 2nd or even William Moore. I know a lot of people would say that's too early for those players, but my question is why????? Is it just because of where they've been projected the last 3 months? When you look at their athletic ability you have to assume that they have as much, or more potential than anyone else at their respective positions in the draft.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I really don't want Everette Brown. He reminds me so much of Jarvis Moos. "He has the ability to be a great pass-rusher" - sounds exactly like what everyone was saying about Moss. Plus we still have Dumervil as a pass rush OLB. I really want Raji in the 1st, Laurinitus in the 2nd, and a DE in the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
            I really don't want Everette Brown. He reminds me so much of Jarvis Moos. "He has the ability to be a great pass-rusher" - sounds exactly like what everyone was saying about Moss. Plus we still have Dumervil as a pass rush OLB. I really want Raji in the 1st, Laurinitus in the 2nd, and a DE in the 3rd.
            Yeah, except Everette Brown actually has some strength and size.

Jarvis Moss came into the NFL looking like a twig.

Comment

Check out this video of Everette Brown. It's about 10 min. long. Watch all his moves. They seem Endless. He is quick fast. Looks nothing like Jarvis Moss. Take him if he's there at 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE
              sigpic

Comment

moss had one good game, brown had a great career.
                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                vs.
                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Not bad but honestly Gilbert has a big chance of being a bust. Dunno if we can risk that when we have so many holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    Not bad but honestly Gilbert has a big chance of being a bust. Dunno if we can risk that when we have so many holes.
                    Why??? Because you have never heard of him?

He has the athletic skills and put up numbers all through college. Granted he went to a small school, but it was the same level that Clady went to. I don't think the risk is any greater than anyone else we would consider at this pick.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                      Why??? Because you have never heard of him?

He has the athletic skills and put up numbers all through college. Granted he went to a small school, but it was the same level that Clady went to. I don't think the risk is any greater than anyone else we would consider at this pick.
                      No.... i've heard plenty of him. But before he was overhyped by the media for his jumping out of a pool video he was a 4th-5th round pick. He's highly athletic but very raw and is a long term project type player. When your defense is this bad you don't spend a 2nd round on a long term project guy that MAY be good.

Comment

No.... i've heard plenty of him. But before he was overhyped by the media for his jumping out of a pool video he was a 4th-5th round pick. He's highly athletic but very raw and is a long term project type player. When your defense is this bad you don't spend a 2nd round on a long term project guy that MAY be good.
                        I understand where you are coming from but I don't think you are giving the guy enough credit. Why would you say he's a huge project, other than the fact that he comes from the WAC?

The dude is a freakish athlete. He's 6'6" 288 and ran a 4.8 40, which was much faster than anyone else his size. He also logged a 35 inch vertical. That kind of athleticism does not come along very often with a guy that size. He also squats around 600 pounds, so he's not just lean and fast. The dude is a beast.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          I understand where you are coming from but I don't think you are giving the guy enough credit. Why would you say he's a huge project, other than the fact that he comes from the WAC?

The dude is a freakish athlete. He's 6'6" 288 and ran a 4.8 40, which was much faster than anyone else his size. He also logged a 35 inch vertical. That kind of athleticism does not come along very often with a guy that size. He also squats around 600 pounds, so he's not just lean and fast. The dude is a beast.
                          Geez. Go ahead and draft Gilbert with the first round #12. Go ahead, I dare you. Or, wait til round two, and draft him there. Go ahead.

But I don't want you running the Broncos any time soon. Thank Heaven for that.

Comment

I realize he's a project, but if you want to get technical almost all D-linemen are. It usually takes three years for them to hit their stride and we've got a good DL coach in Nunnely. I really don't think it'll be a longer wait for him to make an impact than any other DL.
                            sigpic
                            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

First off your sources that he was a 4th or 5th round pick were completely uneducated. He was a third rounder by many before he was tested and timed. He was a third rounder because his numbers were put up against smaller schools and no one was sure how fast and strong he really was. It is tougher to tell against smaller school opponents. He was not graded that low because of lack of technique or problems in his game.

The fact that he is moving up to the second round has more to do with his testing at the combine than the fact that he can jump out of a pool onto his feet. When you combine his results at the Senior Bowl, his performance in college, and his stats at the combine his stock has to go up. He is too good not to notice.

When your D is this bad you need help on the front 7. There are not many DEs in this draft that should be drafted ahead of Gilbert. In fact, I will argue that he will end up being the best of all of them.

All players have the chance of being a bust. This guy has performed in college, put up good workout stats, and worked out well against top competition at the Senior Bowl. When you combine those things I think he is far safer than you give him credit for.

I dont' want him as high as pick 12. But he is certainly worth a second round pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X