Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Draft start time pushed back(round 2 Moved to Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft start time pushed back(round 2 Moved to Sunday)

If the current trend holds up, the NFL Draft will start in prime time in the near future.

The 2009 NFL Draft is currently scheduled to begin a 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, April 24, an hour later than last year. This marks the second straight year the start time for the event has been pushed later in the day. Last year's NFL Draft started at 3:00 PM ET.

In previous years, the NFL Draft began at Noon ET.

ESPN's first round coverage of the NFL Draft is currently set to air from 4-9 PM ET on Saturday, April 24, with second round coverage slated for 10 AM-6 PM on Sunday, April 25.
    http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com...shed-back.html
    Im not to happy with the first day only being one round.
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Thaaaat's pretty lame

Comment

:brick: :brick: :doh: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

wait

I don't think they mean second round picks. I think it means picks 1-3 is one day and 4-7 another.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCaliBronco View Post
          I don't think they mean second round picks. I think it means picks 1-3 is one day and 4-7 another.
          Round three is already on day two now.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

I know you provided a link, so it's more than likely true...but I searched ESPN and NFL real quick and couldn't find anything.

If anyone finds this info from any other site let me know.

This sucks though. One round on the first day? That's hell for the GMs too, having rounds 2-7 on the second day. There's a reason they had split them up originally...
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

That kinda sucks....

Now I have to do something productive until 4pm..

Comment

I think thats a terrible idea, one round in one day?

My guess is that the NFL is trying to get more people to tune in and watch
                the second day of the draft, because when you get to rounds 3 or 4 a lot people
                loose interest because they don't the players anymore.. By moving round 2 to
                day 2 then people will still most likely know the players being taken at least
                early on...

****ty idea though.
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I'm with you guys.

There's something about human nature that always thinks it can improve on something, anything. In my experience, most "improvements" make things worse. Then we all have to adapt to a situation of reduced quality.

The Draft was pretty close to perfect, in my opinion. Overall, it's more fun and more exciting than the Super Bowl, if, for no other reason, the fans of all 32 teams are involved, and everybody is giddy with optiomism.

Only tweak I'd even think about making would be shortening the clock time a little in the first round. 15 minutes is excruciating. (I believe that may have been addressed.)

Moving the start time back even further is heck on us in the Western time zones. And I hope any thoughts to moving any rounds from day 1 to day 2 go down in flames.

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                    I know you provided a link, so it's more than likely true...but I searched ESPN and NFL real quick and couldn't find anything.

If anyone finds this info from any other site let me know.

This sucks though. One round on the first day? That's hell for the GMs too, having rounds 2-7 on the second day. There's a reason they had split them up originally...
                    Yeah, I don't know how credible that is. I just googled it and I didn't see it anywhere outside of that site.
                    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 03-07-2009, 02:01 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                      Im not to happy with the first day only being one round.
                      I think you're misinterpretting this article: My impression is that "Round 1" refers the 1st day of the draft (5 hours) - rounds 1 & 2. "Round 2" means the 2nd day of the draft (8 hours) - rounds 3 through 7

Comment

Originally posted by pzmire View Post
                        I think you're misinterpretting this article: My impression is that "Round 1" refers the 1st day of the draft (5 hours) - rounds 1 & 2. "Round 2" means the 2nd day of the draft (8 hours) - rounds 3 through 7
                        Reading comprehension FTW
                        sigpic

Comment

Geez it keeps getting harder to be a first day draft pick. That used to be a good thing but now only 32 players can be first day picks instead of 64 or 96.

Comment

Originally posted by pzmire View Post
                            No I think you are reading it wrong

10 minutes per pick in the first rd now x 32 teams = 320 minutes

320 minutes= 5 hours and 20 minutes.

There is no way they can squeeze the 2nd round into those 5 hours
                            sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Why in the f-ing world do they need 10 minutes per pick. Seriously, make it 5 minutes per pick in the first round, 2 minutes per pick in the second and third rounds, and then 20 seconds in each round after, and to make round 7 tv fun again, make each 7th round pick 5 seconds. It'll be the freakin' bomb to watch the chaos in the 7th round.
                              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X