No announcement yet.

Should we make a play for Roy Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we make a play for Roy Williams?

I know we just signed Dawkins to a 5 year deal - but let's face it, Williams has more years ahead of him than Dawkins does. I have no idea what his salary numbers would be - but I think if we can afford it he would be a solid pickup. Your thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3954441

would he want to be a backup?
    sigpic

Comment

Nah we don't need another safety that gets consistently gets burnt
      sigpic

Comment

I really wouldn't like that pick up. He is slow, can't cover, and we will get flagged everytime time for the horse collar tackling that he is known for.
        sigpic

Comment

also, i dont we'll be able to afford him
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah that would be a terrible move, unless they got ideas about making him a LB. Williams and Dawkins would be a nightmare in the secondary. Not in a good way either. We have all seen how poorly Williams covers the Deep ball, but to have a Dawkins that is at least a step slow.....We would really be playing with fire. Besides I actually like Hills game. I think that he has solid ball skills, and is going to do a pretty good job for us in center field
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

No.. we need to be making a HUGE run for Sean Jones out of Cleveland...thats who we should be pursuing and courting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                No.. we need to be making a HUGE run for Sean Jones out of Cleveland...thats who we should be pursuing and courting.
                He Signed With The Eagles

Comment

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. why would we want roy williams? easily the most overrated player in history
                  Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                  vs.
                  Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                  Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                  First Round Pick TBA

Comment

I don't know if this guy is even going to get picked up before a TC injury he was pretty terrible the last 2 years.

So no thanks.
                    Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

Originally posted by Bronks Fan View Post
                      I know we just signed Dawkins to a 5 year deal - but let's face it, Williams has more years ahead of him than Dawkins does. I have no idea what his salary numbers would be - but I think if we can afford it he would be a solid pickup. Your thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3954441
                      Whether they should or shouldn't, I don't think they will. Josh has made it pretty clear what direction he wants to go in the draft, LB's and D-lineman. If there is a safety brought in, I think it will be a rookie so Dawkins can tooter him and mold his mind. I'm not against Williams, I just don't see it happening.

Comment

What good is a Safety that you have to take out on passing downs?

We's be better off putting Wesley Woodyard at Safety!

Comment

[QUOTE=KWHIT97;2634576]What good is a Safety that you have to take out on passing downs?

We's be better off putting Wesley Woodyard at Safety![/QUOTE]

I agree with that, I think that he would make a good strong safety. He has the perfect size and speed for it. I really think he should be on the field on all downs. If he stays at linebacker I don't think that he will get that much playing time even if DJ is moved back to middle. Plans to make Moss a OLB would hamper Wesley's playing time. The guy knows how to make plays and how to bring the wood :salute!:

Comment

Working...
                          X