Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not such a insane thought!!!

OK Maybe it is.

Andre Smith OT Alabama falls to us at 12 and we take him!!! We slid Ryan Harris in at Guard and replace Hamilton to form one of the best offensive lines in Denver History.

Ryan Clady , Ryan Harris , Casey Weigman , Chris Kuper , Andre Smith.

I know ludacris idea but I was thinking how would be Best Player Availabe at 12 and Smith would if he fell that far.

Sorry but it would be a dumb move. We would be way better off trying to trade down at that point, if another team was desperate to take him.
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

No, we had enough low character guys on the team plus we have more glaring needs the OL. I'd be willing to bet our first pick is defense unless somehow Crabtree fell to 12 which hell would freeze over before that happened.

Comment

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Defense will be priority in the first 2 rounds at least.
        A book I wrote

Comment

or we could just draft a real guard later, since they have the least value next to fullback. we could get a quality player in the later rounds
          Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
          vs.
          Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
          Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
          First Round Pick TBA

Comment

If this happens I would hope we trade down.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
              If this happens I would hope we trade down.
              Exactly, there are so many teams looking for a top OT and they would jump at a chance to trade up with us and I wouldnt mind one bit if we trade back.
              A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
                Exactly, there are so many teams looking for a top OT and they would jump at a chance to trade up with us and I wouldnt mind one bit if we trade back.
                If you think about it, it was actually pretty amazing how things worked out so perfectly for us last year when we drafted Clady that late and a teams going to get lucky if Smith drops like that.

Comment

u would be crazy to think he's worth our 12th pick...first any OL isn't a 1st round need, and second this guy walked out of the combine (was it because he didn't want to get shown up by some 2nd or 3rd round prospects). The guys a loser and I wouldn't give up the 32nd pick of the draft for him.

But since i'm not drafting, I'll hope we go the right route and pick up someone to bolster the front seven (Raji, Orakpo, Rey, or Cushing would all do just fine).

Comment

Horrible idea. We don't need any offensive line help.

Comment

If it improves the team i am all for it. I personally think that Harris would be a better guard than a Tackle. I have real worries about him next year in a man blocking scheme. I think that his arms are just to short, and I thik that he is a little light in the butt. But we will see.
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        Horrible idea. We don't need any offensive line help.
                        hamilton and weigman are old and we could upgrade at guard
                        Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                        vs.
                        Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                        Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                        First Round Pick TBA

Comment

we had an offensive line that gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL, and you guys think that it makes sense to MOVE Harris to guard because you "think" it would be good? Based on what logic?

What kind of LOGIC would it be, to draft another OL in the first round??

Sometimes you guys amaze me

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
                            any examples of who would trade up for a T?

Comment

Too many OT in this draft to think anyone will trade up for Smith in particular. The biggest problem though, is that if you have 2 OL drafted in the top half of the first round then you're paying 2 OL that kind of money. Salary cap NFL is a zero sum game and if you're adding to your OL budget you're trimming it at a position of greater need.

This 1st round should be dedicated exclusively to DL or pass rush LB. Not only is it a need area but the talent seems more likely to fit the salary slot.
                              \

Comment

Working...
                              X