My 2009 NFL Draft View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2009 NFL Draft View

The Broncos will be looking to draft an impact player on defense will the 12th pick in the NFL Draft. However, you must also understand that value is very important when it comes to the Draft. For example, if Curry, Raji, Orakpo and Brown are gone, we shouldn't quit on taking Rey Rey or Cushing and take Jackson because his value isnt good enough for the 12th pick. These are the Top 5 players that we should be looking to take at our pick (in order): 1. Curry 2. Raji 3. Orakpo 4. Brown 5. Maualuga. Any of these players would make a great impact on our defense and would also be great value at the 12th pick.

Maualuga would not be good value at all, he's graded as a late 1st rounder.
    Pick 20-25 is good value for Rey

However, Brown, Curry, Orakpo, Raji, Jenkins, Davis, Moreno, and Cushing would be good value picks for needs at 12

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

However, Brown, Curry, Orakpo, Raji, Jenkins, Davis, Moreno, and Cushing would be good value picks for needs at 12
      And we all know how well these draft grades hold up on draft day...they don't.
      vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

the only reason you might think Maualuga's value went down is b/c he got injured during the combine. Maualuga is a top 15 draft prospect.

Comment

Maybe it's his poor senior bowl

Maybe its the 2 bench reps less than his kicker

Maybe its the 4.8 40 time

Maybe its the refusal to do the position drills

Maybe it's him pulling his hammy after running 39 yards in a straight line

Maybe it's his constant overpursuing

Maybe its how he plays like a slower Nate Webster

Maybe I'm completely wrong?
          Time will tell, but all I see is a bust waiting to happen.

Comment

You see, your just a Maualuga hater. Its not that he is graded low, you just used that as an excuse. Oh, maybe Crabtree should go from a top 10 prospect to a top 20 prospect because he got injured. Andre Smith should go in the top 15, not in the top 5. You are just trying to avoid the fact that hes better value than all the other prospects on the board.

Comment

Maybe it's his poor senior bowl ....You obviously didn't watch the game...he played well....

Maybe its the 2 bench reps less than his kicker ....The kicker is a freak of nature that out benched other linebackers and bench press proves nothing other than you live in the gym....

Maybe its the 4.8 40 time .....He was injured prior to the combine and thus couldn't do his best.....

Maybe its the refusal to do the position drills ....again....he was injured and still showed up, that shows dedication....

Maybe it's him pulling his hammy after running 39 yards in a straight line .....which again was injured before the combine....and oh by the way....so did Brian Orakpo....guess we shouldn't draft him either, right......

Maybe it's his constant overpursuing .....He has the aggressiveness that we need and plays with passion.....maybe you just aren't used to seeing that....it has been missing from our defense since Al Wilson got injured...

Maybe its how he plays like a slower Nate Webster .....I'm not even going to get into this bad comparison....not worth my time....

Maybe I'm completely wrong?
              Time will tell, but all I see is a bust waiting to happen.

You got one thing right.....YOU'RE COMPLETELY WRONG AND

TIME WILL TELL!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-o-Lantern View Post
                You got one thing right.....YOU'RE COMPLETELY WRONG AND

TIME WILL TELL!!!!!
                saying that bench does not matter shows that you never played defense in the box, or at least were never good at it. any middle linebacker or defensive lineman worth a crap knows that without arm strength you cant get a blocker off of you. dont just listen to what other people have to say, take it out of context, and try to look like you are all knowing about football
                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                vs.
                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

You are insane my friend.....Maualuga is every bit a top 15 pick....if he drops lower it would be a crime. He had a bad hamstring before he ever went to the combine, he knew it and still tried to gut it out. Have you ever watched any of this guys games? I for one have watched every one of them and he never was a bust on the field, isn't that what matter's most? I agree that we go after the best defensive player available because we need to get younger on Defense. I like to look at a player's body of work for his whole college career when grading them and not just the combine and senior bowl and Maualuga is a monster and will be a great N.F.L linebacker....mark my words on this.....I remember the broncos passing on Urlacher....Don't make that mistake again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Goatmaster View Post
                    saying that bench does not matter shows that you never played defense in the box, or at least were never good at it. any middle linebacker or defensive lineman worth a crap knows that without arm strength you cant get a blocker off of you. dont just listen to what other people have to say, take it out of context, and try to look like you are all knowing about football
                    Why don't you try watching his games and tell me he cannot shed defenders....

Comment

Amen Goatmaster. Anybody who has played defensive line or Linebacker inside lnows that strength is a key, as is explosiveness. Al Wilson was not the fastest, but he was cat-quick and strong. You need to keep the blockers off you or at least stop their momentum for a short gain.

I would not mind trading down a few picks if Rey falls, get a few extra choices to get somebody like Sammie Lee Hill in here to make the middle og the Defense bigger.

I would also love to trade down and get Clay Matthews. He will be like his daddy and uncle. He has the bloodlines and was raised on football.

Maybe if we can get Laurentaitis he'll slam runners to the ground like his daddy, Road Warrior Animal used to slam wrestlers on TV. Remember, Gradishar was not considered a great physical specimen coming out of Ohio State either.

All I know is that the thought of Spencer Larsen and either Rey, Clay or Animal Jr. in the middle would be an awesome hitters paradise and something other teams RB's may want to avoid.
                      "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by CRAZYTRAINTK View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp1dUZUMXxc

lets play a little game shall we?

here is a highlight video almost seven minutes long of rey maualuga. okay, so count how many times he was actually engaged by a blocker, i got 3. 2 were by a running back. 1 of those 2 he got beat. say no to maualuga
                        Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                        vs.
                        Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                        Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                        First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Goatmaster View Post
                          here is a highlight video almost seven minutes long of rey maualuga.
                          Not trying to be an ass, but watching a highlight video does not = watching him play all season, if this other guy truly has been watching all his games then I value his opinion. I still don't personally want Rey drafted at #12 but I it wouldn't be a crushing disappointment.
                          sigpic
                          - ★ -
                          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

What the ****.

If you want Rey at 12 you have no logic. He overruns plays, can't shed blockers, and can't wrap up.

And second, good 3-4 ilbs can be had in later rounds. 3-4 olbs can't!

Comment

Originally posted by CRAZYTRAINTK View Post
                              It's Pac-10 football. He's not exactly facing top notch offenses.
                              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X