Please Answer Me This!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Answer Me This!!!

WHY ARE THE BRONCOS signing all these second string and 3rd string running backs and why did they sign lamont jordan.(hes old WE have seven running backs who played last year, wat is goin to happen to selvin and peyton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Josh better pay off with wins next year.
    MAN
    Last edited by LordTrychon; 03-08-2009, 09:09 PM.
    sigpic
    Broncos fan for Life

Originally posted by nykiceman8 View Post
    WHY ARE THE BRONCOS signing all these second string and 3rd string running backs and why did they sign lamont jordan.(hes old WE have seven running backs who played last year, wat is goin to happen to selvin and peyton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Josh better pay off with wins next year.
    MAN
    Because they are all better than the crap we started last year except for Hillis. McD likes to have a back similar to what he had with Kevin Faulk in NE. Buckhalter and Arrington fit that style. As far as our 7 RB's. Hall (gone), Pittman (gone), Alridge (gone), Young (will be gone if he isn't already) Pope (gone) Torain (staying) Hillis (staying) Haynes (gone) Boyd (gone).
    Last edited by LordTrychon; 03-08-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

100 post rule.
      sigpic

Comment

I'd rather spend the big money on QB, OL, and defense and fill out the offense with proven system players and special teams contributors.
        \

Comment

I posted part of this in another message but it's all about competition. Buck has been fighting injuries and now that he is healthy he is hungry to prove that he can be a starting running back. I don't think Jordan will make the roster but by him coming from NE with Josh is enough to make the other RB step there game up. I feel like with the FA we have brought in here, if our guys can't beat them out then we have upgraded.
          I think that our guys was to comfortable and this is the spark that the team needed where they feel that nothing is given and nobody job is safe. Considering all the needs we have on the team we can't afford 2 break the bank on anybody. This has been a very interesting offseason but productive. I don't have a problem with 2nd and 3rd string players because they could have been starter as long as the starter in that position is good. Buck could have been a starter but he was behind westbrook(pro bowler not bad). I also believe that you get players that fits your system.:go:
          sigpic

Comment

I didn't like the Lamont Jordan signing. Brining him in to add more competition in camp is fine I guess. However, I get the feeling that McD just felt comfortable with bringing him in because he knows him from NE. Especially since he signed praxton to over 5 million when we already had Mike Leach?? I could be wrong and he might know very well things (the intangables) about Lamont that none of us do. However, it just feels like that is more of a comfortable signing to me and I don't like it.
            future Denver Bronco practice.........

Comment

Originally posted by expatRick View Post
              I'd rather spend the big money on QB, OL, and defense and fill out the offense with proven system players and special teams contributors.
              We are set at QB (Cutler), OL (Clady, Harris, Wiegmann, Kuper, and Hamilton, with Polumbus and Pears as backups), and we are working to address defense. Dawkins, while not as good as he used to be, is instantly better than any safety that we had, and Hill is also an upgrade from what we had. I fully expect us to address depth in the secondary in the draft, as well as at LB and DL. I just hope we don't reach for Raji, as I feel we'll regret it down the road.
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

A small point for the numerically challenged. The Paxton deal is for 5 years and averages out to $1.06 mil per year, a whopping $260,000 per year above veteran league minimum. For a player considered tops in the league at his position, is this really out of line?
                \

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                  We are set at QB (Cutler), OL (Clady, Harris, Wiegmann, Kuper, and Hamilton, with Polumbus and Pears as backups), and we are working to address defense. Dawkins, while not as good as he used to be, is instantly better than any safety that we had, and Hill is also an upgrade from what we had. I fully expect us to address depth in the secondary in the draft, as well as at LB and DL. I just hope we don't reach for Raji, as I feel we'll regret it down the road.
                  I'm not talking about spending additional money on QB or OL. My point is that this is where the money belongs. BTW I believe Pears signed with Oakland.
                  \

Comment

Training camp fodder, you gotta bring some people in, see how they look and make some cuts. Its the same thing we did with FA WR last year, err... its really not a bad idea just cause last year FA WR were pretty disappointing. One of the WR could absolutely blow up in the zone blocking scheme. I dont have a problem with this and I'm a big time Hillis/Torain/Selvin 5.0 yds per carry Young supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by expatRick View Post
                      I'm not talking about spending additional money on QB or OL. My point is that this is where the money belongs. BTW I believe Pears signed with Oakland.
                      As far as Pears is concerned, I didn't know if he had or not, as it doesn't really matter. He was destined to ride the bench as a backup anyways. But we don't really have a huge amount of money tied up in the OL right now anyways, so we have plenty of money to spend in other areas. Personally I'd like to see us invest a huge amount in improving the front 7. I think you can have even an average secondary as long as you have a really damn good front 7 and succeed in the NFL.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Denver would've sign Jordan last year except, Al Davis made a deal with Jordan before he released him not to sign with Denver.

He will be our starting tailback if healthy

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                          Personally I'd like to see us invest a huge amount in improving the front 7. I think you can have even an average secondary as long as you have a really damn good front 7 and succeed in the NFL.
                          Absolutely. I believe in living in the other team's backfield and I'll ride the Everette Brown bandwagon all the way through April. I think he'll be there because I think the top RB's and OT's all go earlier than most are predicting.
                          \

Comment

Originally posted by nykiceman8 View Post
                            MAN
                            It's called COMPETITION
                            Last edited by LordTrychon; 03-08-2009, 09:10 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I still think we need a franchise running back..knowshon but we can't get him..i think we waisted money on jordan. Well go broncs

:dance::cutler:
                              sigpic
                              Broncos fan for Life

Comment

Working...
                              X