did we jump the gun signing goodman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did we jump the gun signing goodman?

i think mcfadden is a far better and more physical corner and is younger than goodman and he just signed with the cards 2yr 10mm, i cant help but think we jumped the gun and overpaid for goodman without even bringing mcfadden in

Go watch game film on the guy before you pass judgement. Mcfadden played in a system in which constantly applies pressure to the QB, granted MIA has done a great job in the field also it is no where near the pressure(nor the Defensive MVP) status the Steelers brought...and bring. Now Renaldo Hill.....yes we might have jumped the gun. Would have loved to have seen the Bronco fork out some money for Dawkins and Sean Jones.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      Go watch game film on the guy before you pass judgement. Mcfadden played in a system in which constantly applies pressure to the QB, granted MIA has done a great job in the field also it is no where near the pressure(nor the Defensive MVP) status the Steelers brought...and bring. Now Renaldo Hill.....yes we might have jumped the gun. Would have loved to have seen the Bronco fork out some money for Dawkins and Sean Jones.
      i live in PA and see mcfadden play all the time, and i watched goodman plenty this year, just my opinion mcfadden is better and its not close, neither is their respective contracts, thats all im sayin, and miami got plenty of pressure on the QB this year, hi joey porter!

Comment

And I live in Jacksonville and got to see Goodman play alot too. I am happy that we got atleast one of them, and Goodman is a late bloomer and lets be honest....how many times in the NFL have you seen a player actually play out the years of their contract. I'm sure if he doesnt perform he will be off our team in 2 years. But having watched the Fins alot this year....its not Goodman I question us signing, it's Hill. All my dolfan friends were actually mad they didnt resign him back...Goodman that is. But very happy they let Hill go and got Gabril Wilson.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

I'm happy with Goodman. He's better than Bly imo, and he'll give our younger guys, JMFW and Bell, plus whoever we draft, time to develop.
          A book I wrote

Comment

Goodman was an excellent signing. I was a little worried about Hill but you have to admit, he's an improvement over Manuel and McCree.

Comment

A rookie 7th round pick was an improvement over Manuel, Lowry, Fox. So yes I have to agree Hill was an improvement over those scrubs...I'm still excited about the progression of Barrett.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Dre' Bly could be All World behind Pittsburgh's front 7, McFadden is solid yes but I gotta think he is more a product of the team around him than anything.

I really think McDaniels and Xanders plan is to bring in veteran leadership who can start for a year or 2 while we actually build our defense through the draft.

If McFadden is soooooo good Pittsburgh who is very thin at corner would have made an effort to keep him, no, they know they can easily replace him in the draft!

Comment

Originally posted by halfback View Post
                  i think mcfadden is a far better and more physical corner and is younger than goodman and he just signed with the cards 2yr 10mm, i cant help but think we jumped the gun and overpaid for goodman without even bringing mcfadden in
                  Goodman was a little unknown when signed by most of us, but if you look at his profile you will find that he led the Dolphins in INT's last year and had about 31 passes defended, which amounted to 5th best in the league.

That's not too shabby if you ask me. Now all we need is a pass rush, and the secondary should look a lot better this year.:go:

Also, we all shouldn't be so quick to assume that Hill will be starting.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by halfback View Post
                    i live in PA and see mcfadden play all the time, and i watched goodman plenty this year, just my opinion mcfadden is better and its not close, neither is their respective contracts, thats all im sayin, and miami got plenty of pressure on the QB this year, hi joey porter!
                    Actually Mcfadden got 2 years 10 million which = 5 million per

Andre Goodman got 5 years 20 million which = 4 million per

Where I come from 4 & 5 are pretty close. The Length of the contract doesnt matter in the nfl because players seldom play out their contract without redoing it or being released.

We can debate which is the better player but in terms of contracts they are comprable to one another

Contract Information for Bryant McFadden

3/8/2009: Signed a two-year, $10 million contract. The deal includes $5 million guaranteed. 2009: $3.75 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2010: $5 million, 2011: Free Agent

Contract Information for Andre' Goodman

3/1/2009: Signed a five-year, $20.4 million contract. The deal includes $9.8 million guaranteed. Another $4.8 million is available through incentives based on Goodman playing 75% of the defensive snaps. 2009-2013: Under Contract, 2014: Free Agent
                    sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Mcfadden is a Steelers D Product shoot i could be a top CB if i played for them i like the Goodman signing its Solid
                      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Lets not forget that maybe Mcfadden didn't want to come to Denver. How do we know that we didn't inquire about his services but were not on his list of teams he wanted to play for. What we do know is that Goodman did want to be a Bronco and I feel we got a good player for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by CobyElway7 View Post
                          Lets not forget that maybe Mcfadden didn't want to come to Denver. How do we know that we didn't inquire about his services but were not on his list of teams he wanted to play for. What we do know is that Goodman did want to be a Bronco and I feel we got a good player for a good price.
                          Can you blame him??? With our front 7 it is tough to be a corner....

Comment

We should have just kept Foxworth.

Rotoworld reported that he and Ronald Bartell were the two most sought after CBs in Free Agency.

As for Goodman, I'm pretty certain he was just a sub-package CB for his entire NFL life until last season. He's solid, but we might have overpaid him if he proves he can't remain a starter. Regardless, McDaniels got to see him twice last season against his passing attack, so he must have been impressed. And the guy will always be a solid subpackage CB at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                              We should have just kept Foxworth.

Rotoworld reported that he and Ronald Bartell were the two most sought after CBs in Free Agency.

As for Goodman, I'm pretty certain he was just a sub-package CB for his entire NFL life until last season. He's solid, but we might have overpaid him if he proves he can't remain a starter. Regardless, McDaniels got to see him twice last season against his passing attack, so he must have been impressed. And the guy will always be a solid subpackage CB at worst.
                              Even if we had kept Foxworth, who's to say he wouldn't have gone and signed elsewhere this offseason anyways? I think he would have, since he wants to start and he wasn't getting to here. And while I wish we had gotten more than just a 7th round pick in return, a 7th round pick is not any worse than having Foxy for one season as a backup and then he leaves.
                              Last edited by Ryan Clady; 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X