SS Darren Sharper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Darren Sharper?

What do you guys think about possible picking up former Minnesota Viking and current FA SS Darren Sharper? I know he's a bit older (33), however he's still younger than Dawkins who we picked up, and he plays the other safety position.

I think it might be an alright move, my only concern would be what he's looking for price-wise. I know a lot of people might oppose this move just because we've already got a secondary averaging something like 31 years old, however if we could sign him shorter term, maybe 3-4 years, I think he could be a valuable addition, especially if we're going to be having a lot of young defensive players coming in this draft, having a good solid veteran safety tandem would be great for our young guys to learn from, and even with his age I think he's a big upgrade from last year.

Thoughts? Go easy on my, this is my first topic!

:go:

I say no, we have an old vet who can play saftey just fine in Dawkins. Hill and Barrett will make good competition at the other side. If we didn't get Dawkins, then yes maybe.

Comment

I would have rather had Sharper than Hill, but to late now. We have some money invested in Safeties now. We will still draft one though...and hopefully early.
      New England Patriots GM

Comment

No thanks, Sharper has lost a step and his fortay is coverage!

Comment

You don't want any part of Sharper. He had 1 INT last year. His tackling ranged from bad to horrible. This is a guy you sign if you're desperate.
          http://www.scoutsnotebook.com

Comment

Originally posted by goeagles99 View Post
            You don't want any part of Sharper. He had 1 INT last year. His tackling ranged from bad to horrible. This is a guy you sign if you're desperate.
            and hopefully we're not...
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X